[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

guhvanoh

How can I root my Poco F1 using this ROM 12+ ? Thank you
There are a number of threads on XDA that you can read, Magisk General Support / Discussion and Magisk - The Age of Zygisk being the most relevant IMV.

Step 1: Backup all your data to multiple sources! If you mess up, you'll only have yourself to blame.
Step 2: Verify that your backups work! Despair is what happens when you find out your backups are SOL.
Step 3: Download Magisk 25.2 and install it.
Step 4: Extract the boot.img from the PE12+ ROMand copy to your POCO F1.
Step 5: Hit Magisk install, select the file you copied over and patch it.
Step 6: adb pull the patched img to your pc. This will be named something like magisk_patched-25100-fbZAW.img
Step 7: Say some prayers. If you've been good, they may work...
Step 8: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: adb reboot bootloader
Step 9: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-25100-fvZAW.img
Step 10: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: fastboot reboot
Step 11: ...
Step 12: Profit! hopefuly...

These are the steps I use and it works for me. Well all except the backup bits. Don't be like me, I can afford to lose my data. YMMV...

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
How can I root my Poco F1 using this ROM 12+ ? Thank you

There are a number of threads on XDA that you can read, Magisk General Support / Discussion and Magisk - The Age of Zygisk being the most relevant IMV.

Step 1: Backup all your data to multiple sources! If you mess up, you'll only have yourself to blame.
Step 2: Verify that your backups work! Despair is what happens when you find out your backups are SOL.
Step 3: Download Magisk 25.2 and install it.
Step 4: Extract the boot.img from the PE12+ ROMand copy to your POCO F1.
Step 5: Hit Magisk install, select the file you copied over and patch it.
Step 6: adb pull the patched img to your pc. This will be named something like magisk_patched-25100-fbZAW.img
Step 7: Say some prayers. If you've been good, they may work...
Step 8: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: adb reboot bootloader
Step 9: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-25100-fvZAW.img
Step 10: Run the following command on your pc connected to your POCO F1: fastboot reboot
Step 11: ...
Step 12: Profit! hopefuly...

These are the steps I use and it works for me. Well all except the backup bits. Don't be like me, I can afford to lose my data. YMMV...
Or just flash the Magisk.zip from my POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides. 😜
If you use PE Recovery adb sideload it otherwise if you use TWRP by Reingz flash it normally (you can adb sideload from twrp too)

Reactions: mantlabs

sachinkhadilkar

Aug 15, 2020
Pune
I am facing a weird issue with my battery charging. Basically if i just connect the charger after the phone has been running for say few hours or a day and the battery percentage drops to say 20% ( again this is an example even if the battery is at 80% the problem is the same), the charging does not work ( neither the physical charging light on the phone or the battery charging indicator at the top tile does not show any charging nor does it charge the phone. The work-around that i have used so far is i have to shut down the phone then connect the charger without starting the phone, at that point the charging icon starts pulsating. This is the point where i switch the phone ON and it starts charing the battery and the physical indicator light and the battery icon indicates that it is indeed charging. Now this seems like a software glitch in the BMS section. Can something be done to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance.
sachin

Jan 25, 2021
Or just flash the Magisk.zip from my POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides. 😜
If you use PE Recovery adb sideload it otherwise if you use TWRP by Reingz flash it normally (you can adb sideload from twrp too)

What do you mean by this? Because I already patched the boot.img in the magisk app

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

What do you mean by this? Because I already patched the boot.img in the magisk app
You should quote the other user who posted this.
Btw, why u go the "hard" way with patching and don't just flash the .zip? 😝

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hahahaha wait I'm sorry wrong quote 😂, btw, if I flashed the .zip do I still get the OTA and no any issues updating?
Flash the magisk.zip in the PE recovery?
I personally don't use root but yeah OTA should work fine and Magisk survive. If not just flash it again after OTA (but I think no need)
You can either flash it in PE recovery or in TWRP (NSE version) by REIGNZ if PE recovery doesn't work.

Last edited:

VANTWP

Aug 15, 2011
Cant OTA, after device restart to recovery i have error message and device is restart to system. Not rooted device, no twrp only pixel recovery

dreamdrake

Sep 29, 2010
Athens
Same here, after download I press install and it reboots to system. Edit: sideloaded the update zip through recovery, all is fine now.

Last edited:

nyxsnatcher

Jul 26, 2022
OTA didn't work, restarting to system like others BUT, only got me through the lockscreen, after inputting a pattern, it would restart by itself. I'm doing a dirty flash right now with TWRP, I will edit this post if it works.

EDIT: After a dirty flash with TWRP, now I'm stuck in an infinite bootloop to recovery, haven't found a fix. Any solutions?

Last edited:

katoda_ltd

A couple of weeks ago I decided to move from PE11 to PE12, July build. Did everything according to the instructions, phone survived and I'm using it happily since then.
Today, to my surprise, I discovered that I still have TWRP installed as recovery - so it was not replaced by PE recovery during installation of PE12.
I upgraded TWRP to the latest version (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium) before installation of PE12 as required in installation guide. Would it be possible that I installed it incorrectly (picked wrong location during installation?) and now something is screwed?
What to do next, to ensure that in the future OTA will work and my phone won't be bricked?

BankruptGreek

Dec 27, 2018
A couple of weeks ago I decided to move from PE11 to PE12, July build. Did everything according to the instructions, phone survived and I'm using it happily since then.
Today, to my surprise, I discovered that I still have TWRP installed as recovery - so it was not replaced by PE recovery during installation of PE12.
I upgraded TWRP to the latest version (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium) before installation of PE12 as required in installation guide. Would it be possible that I installed it incorrectly (picked wrong location during installation?) and now something is screwed?
What to do next, to ensure that in the future OTA will work and my phone won't be bricked?
I was just about to post this exact thing, did everything according to instructions and still have twrp, additionally the problem is twrp cant decrypt pe12 so I can't root my phone or install updates..

nyxsnatcher

Jul 26, 2022
So the reason why probably my phone got bricked was because I installed the OTA through TWRP? I'm at the same point as you, the initial installment of PE12 didn't override my recovery to PE Recovery. If possible, where is the download link? Because I'm still stuck in a bootloop

EDIT: Okay, I decided to wipe all the data (factory reset through TWRP) and somehow it's all functioning again

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
So the reason why probably my phone got bricked was because I installed the OTA through TWRP? I'm at the same point as you, the initial installment of PE12 didn't override my recovery to PE Recovery. If possible, where is the download link? Because I'm still stuck in a bootloop

EDIT: Okay, I decided to wipe all the data (factory reset through TWRP) and somehow it's all functioning again
You didn't need to wipe the data. For everyone else with the same problem; latest official twrp can't decrypt A12 data partition but the unofficial one by reignz can decrypt it no problems at all. So if something happens or so, flash reignz twrp to recovery so that you may be able to fix it or at least decrypt the data partition and backup your data.

Reactions: nyxsnatcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Biggest issue is that I want to save my files from the internal storage.
    Just diry flashed, jet the language is still the same as well as the dead system
    You dirty flashed according my guide by wiping some partitions or just flash the rom over it?
    Use TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version, put ur pin/pattern to decrypt, connect ur device to PC (if mtp doesn't recognized in ur pc go to advanced>file manager> and select sdcard0 (internal storgae) and it should appear in ur pc) then backup ur files and do clean install it.
    No I did not use OTA, come from a different ROM. Can you please forward the instruction hehe thank u
    Flash TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version.
    Wipe System, Dalvik Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Flash ROM.

Edit: oh if you come from different ROM do clean install and format data also:
    Wipe System, Internal Storage, Dalvik/ART Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Format data, type yes.
    Flash ROM.
    Hi. I just installed PE12+ on my Poco F1. I flashed TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 and installed using adb sideload. Not sure if I will be able to receive OTAs, but if I understood correctly, I should flash TWRP by REIGNZ using fastboot to be able to decrypt and install OTA? Can I just flash recovery without having to reinstall PE? (I assume yes)

Quite new to custom ROMs and first post here, so please let me know if I did something wrong.
    Yes TWRP by REIGNZ can decrypt the ROM and so to do OTAs fine.
    Choose the NSE version since PE is not system_ext.
    No need to reinstall the ROM or losing your data. You can just flash TWRP by reignz just like you flashed the official one.
    By manually do you mean apply update thru PE Recovery or fastboot into twrp with a pc???
    You can do it via adb pe recovery or if you have sdcard.
    OR
    With TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version which is able to decrypt the ROM. Just put ur pin/pattern and flash the ROM.
    Links in my collection.
    can i install the TWRP by REIGNZ with twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium on recovery mode?
    Yes

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
    • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
    • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.