[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

nyxsnatcher

Jul 26, 2022
You didn't need to wipe the data. For everyone else with the same problem; latest official twrp can't decrypt A12 data partition but the unofficial one by reignz can decrypt it no problems at all. So if something happens or so, flash reignz twrp to recovery so that you may be able to fix it or at least decrypt the data partition and backup your data.
Ah, no worries, I have all my backup files ready in SD Card, but you're absolutely right, Reignz's TWRP is a godsend, to everyone else, just use it to make everything easier.

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
from the changelog:

NOTE
  • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.

Vesh1984

Nov 22, 2020
OTA does not work.
Once I click on INSTALL button after downloading the update, the phone simply reboots and nothing happened.
I have root permissions (not Magisk installed), and PE recovery.
How can I update? via ADB? if so, the file to install is the same I download via OTA?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: alecabente
Jan 25, 2021
Hello, I just flash a magisk module containing the font that I want and to create that I use the zFont which you can choose what font weight do you want to change accordingly, for instance I want Roboto Regular font change to Google Sans Regular only but when I reboot my phone all the font weight change too to Regular font.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello, I just flash a magisk module containing the font that I want and to create that I use the zFont which you can choose what font weight do you want to change accordingly, for instance I want Roboto Regular font change to Google Sans Regular only but when I reboot my phone all the font weight change too to Regular font.
You won't find support for Magisk modules in any ROM.
It's not the job of the ROM dev to care about Magisk modules. You should contact the module dev instead. 😝

Reactions: mantlabs

Ziyad_Mhd

Mar 11, 2015
Cochin
I updated thru adb sideload, everything is fine.

Is there any active Viper4Android thread for Poco F1, especially for Android 12 right now??

CatBug

Oct 18, 2014
I clean flashed the latest PE+. Everything went well, I booted to system, set up everything. But when I booted to recovery (which was to my surprise not Pixel recovery, but still TWRP 3.6.2_9-0) to flash Magisk, the data was encrypted. It did not prompt me to enter the PIN when booted to TWRP. Also when I booted back to system, turned off the PIN and booted back, nothing changed, data still encrypted. Any advice please?

katoda_ltd

Reactions: CatBug

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I clean flashed the latest PE+. Everything went well, I booted to system, set up everything. But when I booted to recovery (which was to my surprise not Pixel recovery, but still TWRP 3.6.2_9-0) to flash Magisk, the data was encrypted. It did not prompt me to enter the PIN when booted to TWRP. Also when I booted back to system, turned off the PIN and booted back, nothing changed, data still encrypted. Any advice please?
Use unofficial TWRP by REIGNZ with decryption support https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...wrp-recovery-for-xiaomi-pocophone-f1.3895312/
Why there is no PE recovery after clean flash of PE - no idea. I have this situation too and a couple other F1 owners as well. Retrial says that dirty flash via unofficial TWRP should do the trick and replace TWRP by PE recovery - I still did not try it, though.
Latest builds of Pixel Experience don't replace your recovery with PE recovery since now there is TWRP by REIGNZ which supports encryption on A12 ROMs.
Boot to fastboot and flash via adb the TWRP by REIGNZ V3 NSE (Non system ext). Then you can boot to twrp put ur pattern/pin which have in ur lockscreen and will decrypt ur data fine. Also OTA works.

CatBug

Oct 18, 2014
Latest builds of Pixel Experience don't replace your recovery with PE recovery since now there is TWRP by REIGNZ which supports encryption on A12 ROMs.
Boot to fastboot and flash via adb the TWRP by REIGNZ V3 NSE (Non system ext). Then you can boot to twrp put ur pattern/pin which have in ur lockscreen and will decrypt ur data fine. Also OTA works.
I did it as you said and it works without an issue. Thanks! I suggest to update the steps on the first page with this info.

Reactions: Retrial

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Biggest issue is that I want to save my files from the internal storage.
    Just diry flashed, jet the language is still the same as well as the dead system
    You dirty flashed according my guide by wiping some partitions or just flash the rom over it?
    Use TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version, put ur pin/pattern to decrypt, connect ur device to PC (if mtp doesn't recognized in ur pc go to advanced>file manager> and select sdcard0 (internal storgae) and it should appear in ur pc) then backup ur files and do clean install it.
    No I did not use OTA, come from a different ROM. Can you please forward the instruction hehe thank u
    Flash TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version.
    Wipe System, Dalvik Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Flash ROM.

Edit: oh if you come from different ROM do clean install and format data also:
    Wipe System, Internal Storage, Dalvik/ART Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Format data, type yes.
    Flash ROM.
    By manually do you mean apply update thru PE Recovery or fastboot into twrp with a pc???
    You can do it via adb pe recovery or if you have sdcard.
    OR
    With TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version which is able to decrypt the ROM. Just put ur pin/pattern and flash the ROM.
    Links in my collection.
    I dont have sdcard, guess twrp is the way for me. since twrp can now decrypt A12 can I still get ota if i flash it or does it still need PE recovery?
    sorry for the barrage of questions.
    No worries, yes you can still get OTA updates and doing them fine but atm PE OTAs have issues no matter the recovery.
    You can also flash the rom via adb in pe recovery if you don't have sd card. But anyway twrp is better choice I think :p
    Hi good day, Do I need to flash DFE after I dirty flash the ota update? I,m using twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img
    If you are encrypted no need to flash DFE.
    If you are decrypted you need to manually flash the update along with DFE. (I recommend you to use twrp by reignz 3.6.1 based on A9 if you flash DFE since some users reported issues flashing dfe with new the new one)

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
    • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
    • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.