[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

luiwii

Jan 1, 2014
Valencia
I have managed to change the recovery without adb, followed steps: restart in pixel recovery, second go to apply update, third look in SD Card for OFR 1.1 recovery and install, it will start in OF recovery, you already have the recovery changed, you have to have the recovery in the external SD

Reactions: a9k1t

pypkmsrikanth

Jan 23, 2022
Installed the rom a while back. So far no issues, working like a charm. Though I miss the soft keys which is not available anymore with Android 12

yugesh kumar shetty

Jan 2, 2016
There is a touch issue in android 12 touch stops working once the phone is locked and if we try unlocking by fingerprint it unlocks but touch will stop working. Have to lock this phone again wait for like 2 to 5 mins and unlock it will start working have tried different kernels and everything touch issue module new latest touch drivers but the problem repeats again please help i like this rom every much

yugesh kumar shetty

Jan 2, 2016
Installed the rom a while back. So far no issues, working like a charm. Though I miss the soft keys which is not available anymore with Android 12
Is there any kind of touch issue because i am facing it everytime i lock the phone and unlock it touch stops working i need to lock the phone again wait for 2 to 5 mins and unlock it then it will work or i need to hard restart the phone

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
  • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
  • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
  • Flash the ROM zip.
  • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
  • Reboot

NOTE
  • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
  • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
  • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
  • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
  • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
  • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
  • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
I was using pe 11plus with twrp3.5. I flashed twrp 3.6 through fastboot and the I did a clean flash of the pe 12 rom and it booted normally. after setting up the device it went into bootloop and doesn't bootup. I tried formatting data and reinstalled twrp and reflashed rom multiple times but even does not bootup. I even changed the recovery to pitchblack also and tried it boot up and after few minutes it went into bootloop. Guys pls tell ur suggestions. I'm fed up

I was using pe 11plus with twrp3.5. I flashed twrp 3.6 through fastboot and the I did a clean flash of the pe 12 rom and it booted normally. after setting up the device it went into bootloop and doesn't bootup. I tried formatting data and reinstalled twrp and reflashed rom multiple times but even does not bootup. I even changed the recovery to pitchblack also and tried it boot up and after few minutes it went into bootloop. Guys pls tell ur suggestions. I'm fed up
Try to boot into recovery

If it boots directly too TWRP , you screwed up somewhere It should boot into PE recovery

Go to the download page of rom and grab the PE recovery and flash it

Wipe everything and reflash the rom

But if you're don't want to flash the PE recovery ,try DFE(disable force encryption ).zip right after flashing the rom (no reboot after flash)

It might stop the boot loop while holding onto existing TWRP but it will stop OTA updates to the rom

If it boots directly too TWRP , you screwed up somewhere It should boot into PE recovery

But if you're don't want to flash the PE recovery ,try DFE(disable force encryption ).zip right after flashing the rom (no reboot after flash)

It might stop the boot loop while holding onto existing TWRP but it will stop OTA updates to the rom

I tried that also. I flashed twrp again and flashed the rom and flashed DFE and also it doesn't boot up

61zone

May 8, 2013
Dhaka
Installed it on yesterday. Works flawlessly on every aspect. Not sure but seems battery life been down from what I've got from Lineage OS. Will check and update if found anything.

Norfa_Yoga

Jul 25, 2012
Bandung
I was able to reinstall twrp
Step 1: Reinstall with FastBoot TWRP
Step 2: To go there you need to enter the command "fastboot boot recovery.img" in CMD with ADB (TWRP (recovery.img) must be in the ADB folder)
Step 3: That is, we now have two recovery - Pixel Experience Recovery and TWRP. You can start the first one from the phone by holding certain keys, the second one - from the computer using ADB (by the way, my TWRP settings have not been reset, which means that the new recovery does not reinstall, but only overlays)

Good luck!
works 👏
also rooting using magisk alpha

*FYI I also have the same problem with custom recoveries in original MIUI long time ago, and this is the way for encrypted ROM, I don't know if formatted again using TWRP

Last edited:

CaptnAwesome

Jan 15, 2012
Perhaps this is due to the fact that TWRP does not have full support for Android 12
But I was able to easily install Magisk and it works perfectly.

If you have a chance, could you please outline the steps to get magisk installed. It involves extracting the boot.img and then patching it via the magisk app right?

Top Liked Posts

Hi, can I dirty flash plus edition on another Android 12 rom??
    No. PE12+ can only be dirty flashed on the previous it current PE12+, or the previous or current PE12. When dirty flashing on PE12, YMMV and all bets are off. If it breaks, you get to keep all the broken pieces. As usual, backup all your data before proceeding.
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.
    does that involve a pc? and if so do the problems with amd cpu's still exist?
    Yes involve a pc or if you have external sdcard you can install it from it via recovery I guess.
    There is a fix for fastboot issue. I have wrote a guide at POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides. Follow the steps there.
    big news, thanks for maintaining this rom! runs great so far!
    is there a way to remove the fade in animation when i unlock the phone?
    I am not the developer. @lakshay18 is the dev, thank him :p
    I don't know about the fade, check Accessibility or Developer options.
    thanks @lakshay18

in accessibility i only found "disable all animations" which is a little overkill for what i wanna do

what's the recommended way to install magisk, since the rom removed twrp i don't see a simple "install" in recovery?
    Try to sideload magisk via adb pe recovery.
    Can someone please tell me where to find ''live display'' to calibrate my colors on 12.1? My display on PE+ 11 had vibrant colors (that i could customize in live display) and a nice brightness level.
    You need to wait for the plus version to come out.

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
    • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
    • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.