[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

TonyHulk

Aug 18, 2019
Hi good day, Do I need to flash DFE after I dirty flash the ota update? I,m using twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi good day, Do I need to flash DFE after I dirty flash the ota update? I,m using twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img
If you are encrypted no need to flash DFE.
If you are decrypted you need to manually flash the update along with DFE. (I recommend you to use twrp by reignz 3.6.1 based on A9 if you flash DFE since some users reported issues flashing dfe with new the new one)

TonyHulk

Aug 18, 2019
Oh okay, thanks for the info, I just check my phone in settings and it's encrypted,
Btw this is my first time to dirty flash an ota update, Do I just need to flash the ota update zip using twrp and it's done? Or there are some more steps to do?

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Oh okay, thanks for the info, I just check my phone in settings and it's encrypted,
Btw this is my first time to dirty flash an ota update, Do I just need to flash the ota update zip using twrp and it's done? Or there are some more steps to do?
Yes flash it in TWRP and it's done.

Rocket2122

Jun 8, 2013
How do you do the adb sideload for the August update? i have the PE recovery installed but im not sure how to do install update via this way. Would appreciate the help! Thank you!

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
How do you do the adb sideload for the August update? i have the PE recovery installed but im not sure how to do install update via this way. Would appreciate the help! Thank you!
You need to have adb or minimal adb and fastboot (run cmd as admin). Follow these steps.
If your PC doesn't recognize your device in fastboot mode you may also need amd/intel fastboot fix which you can find it also in my guide.
A different way to apply the update is by flashing twrp by reignz NSE version and use that twrp and simply flash the zip.

pwijaya

Sep 28, 2022
Hi, anyone know how to install magisk/root these Custom ROM ??

I'm trying to install magisk but when booting to twrp my /sdcard path just showing some random name, I thinks its encrypted

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Retrial, do you recommend a particular kernel for battery saving?
If you are not happy with stock kernel you can try NGK with NGK App and choose battery profile (you need to be rooted to use NGK app) but even without ngk app battery should be fine.
Some people also say Rockstar kernel have good battery life but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:

admicos

Nov 4, 2015
Tried migrating from the latest Lineage to PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220817-0755-OFFICIAL.zip, and nothing I tried (& nothing written here) worked.

Tried with twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img and every time i ended up with "No OS installed" when rebooting & rescue party booting into TWRP. When i just tried the instructions on the first comment (which are APPARENTLY wrong) it even kept Lineage's recovery installed so the zip may not be installing anything anywhere

EDIT: i think i got it working?? if this also happens to you get a non-NSE recovery and wipe system_ext as well

Last edited:
Tried migrating from the latest Lineage to PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220817-0755-OFFICIAL.zip, and nothing I tried (& nothing written here) worked.

Tried with twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img and every time i ended up with "No OS installed" when rebooting & rescue party booting into TWRP. When i just tried the instructions on the first comment (which are APPARENTLY wrong) it even kept Lineage's recovery installed so the zip may not be installing anything anywhere

EDIT: i think i got it working?? if this also happens to you get a non-NSE recovery and wipe system_ext as well
  • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]

garuhhh

Jul 17, 2010
OTA was failing for me (PE recovery, not decrypted). After installing OTA, phone reboots, goes belly up (broken robot, with open belly), then reboots back to original version.

I flashed latest TWRP (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img), then installed the OTA from Settings>System>System Update. Phone reboots, goes to TWRP recovery, then proceeds to install new version. After reboot, everything seems to be all fine.

This is the first time OTA failed with PixelExperience recovery, though, I think this has already been reported to the developer (thank you).

saurasai987

Oct 5, 2022
Major memory management bug:
When using 3 button or 2 button gesture, heavy application like cod etc does not stick to memory.

me.icon18

Mar 12, 2013
Mumbai
I'm on PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220721-0015-OFFICIAL, PE recovery, encrypted since 2 months and everything was working fine until today my face unlock and finger print sensor stopped working!
Many things on my phone have become unaccessible as they do not open until i use face unlock/finger print! A quick solution from anyone will be really appreciated

Top Liked Posts