[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

TonyHulk

Aug 18, 2019
Hi good day, Do I need to flash DFE after I dirty flash the ota update? I,m using twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi good day, Do I need to flash DFE after I dirty flash the ota update? I,m using twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img
If you are encrypted no need to flash DFE.
If you are decrypted you need to manually flash the update along with DFE. (I recommend you to use twrp by reignz 3.6.1 based on A9 if you flash DFE since some users reported issues flashing dfe with new the new one)

TonyHulk

Aug 18, 2019
Oh okay, thanks for the info, I just check my phone in settings and it's encrypted,
Btw this is my first time to dirty flash an ota update, Do I just need to flash the ota update zip using twrp and it's done? Or there are some more steps to do?

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Oh okay, thanks for the info, I just check my phone in settings and it's encrypted,
Btw this is my first time to dirty flash an ota update, Do I just need to flash the ota update zip using twrp and it's done? Or there are some more steps to do?
Yes flash it in TWRP and it's done.

Rocket2122

Jun 8, 2013
How do you do the adb sideload for the August update? i have the PE recovery installed but im not sure how to do install update via this way. Would appreciate the help! Thank you!

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
How do you do the adb sideload for the August update? i have the PE recovery installed but im not sure how to do install update via this way. Would appreciate the help! Thank you!
You need to have adb or minimal adb and fastboot (run cmd as admin). Follow these steps.
If your PC doesn't recognize your device in fastboot mode you may also need amd/intel fastboot fix which you can find it also in my guide.
A different way to apply the update is by flashing twrp by reignz NSE version and use that twrp and simply flash the zip.

pwijaya

Sep 28, 2022
Hi, anyone know how to install magisk/root these Custom ROM ??

I'm trying to install magisk but when booting to twrp my /sdcard path just showing some random name, I thinks its encrypted

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Retrial, do you recommend a particular kernel for battery saving?
If you are not happy with stock kernel you can try NGK with NGK App and choose battery profile (you need to be rooted to use NGK app) but even without ngk app battery should be fine.
Some people also say Rockstar kernel have good battery life but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantlabs

admicos

Nov 4, 2015
Tried migrating from the latest Lineage to PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220817-0755-OFFICIAL.zip, and nothing I tried (& nothing written here) worked.

Tried with twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img and every time i ended up with "No OS installed" when rebooting & rescue party booting into TWRP. When i just tried the instructions on the first comment (which are APPARENTLY wrong) it even kept Lineage's recovery installed so the zip may not be installing anything anywhere

EDIT: i think i got it working?? if this also happens to you get a non-NSE recovery and wipe system_ext as well

Last edited:
Tried migrating from the latest Lineage to PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220817-0755-OFFICIAL.zip, and nothing I tried (& nothing written here) worked.

Tried with twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-NSE-V4.img and every time i ended up with "No OS installed" when rebooting & rescue party booting into TWRP. When i just tried the instructions on the first comment (which are APPARENTLY wrong) it even kept Lineage's recovery installed so the zip may not be installing anything anywhere

EDIT: i think i got it working?? if this also happens to you get a non-NSE recovery and wipe system_ext as well
  • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]

garuhhh

Jul 17, 2010
OTA was failing for me (PE recovery, not decrypted). After installing OTA, phone reboots, goes belly up (broken robot, with open belly), then reboots back to original version.

I flashed latest TWRP (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img), then installed the OTA from Settings>System>System Update. Phone reboots, goes to TWRP recovery, then proceeds to install new version. After reboot, everything seems to be all fine.

This is the first time OTA failed with PixelExperience recovery, though, I think this has already been reported to the developer (thank you).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Biggest issue is that I want to save my files from the internal storage.
    Just diry flashed, jet the language is still the same as well as the dead system
    You dirty flashed according my guide by wiping some partitions or just flash the rom over it?
    Use TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version, put ur pin/pattern to decrypt, connect ur device to PC (if mtp doesn't recognized in ur pc go to advanced>file manager> and select sdcard0 (internal storgae) and it should appear in ur pc) then backup ur files and do clean install it.
    No I did not use OTA, come from a different ROM. Can you please forward the instruction hehe thank u
    Flash TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version.
    Wipe System, Dalvik Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Flash ROM.

Edit: oh if you come from different ROM do clean install and format data also:
    Wipe System, Internal Storage, Dalvik/ART Cache, Vendor, Cache.
    Format data, type yes.
    Flash ROM.
    By manually do you mean apply update thru PE Recovery or fastboot into twrp with a pc???
    You can do it via adb pe recovery or if you have sdcard.
    OR
    With TWRP by REIGNZ NSE version which is able to decrypt the ROM. Just put ur pin/pattern and flash the ROM.
    Links in my collection.
    I dont have sdcard, guess twrp is the way for me. since twrp can now decrypt A12 can I still get ota if i flash it or does it still need PE recovery?
    sorry for the barrage of questions.
    No worries, yes you can still get OTA updates and doing them fine but atm PE OTAs have issues no matter the recovery.
    You can also flash the rom via adb in pe recovery if you don't have sd card. But anyway twrp is better choice I think :p
    If you are encrypted no need to flash DFE.
    If you are decrypted you need to manually flash the update along with DFE. (I recommend you to use twrp by reignz 3.6.1 based on A9 if you flash DFE since some users reported issues flashing dfe with new the new one)

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
    • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
    • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.