[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Just download the ZIP archive of Magisk - https://magisk.me/zip/ and install it as a normal archive in TWRP

Brilliant thanks mate. For anyone else wondering, the magisk 23.0 zip from the link above works perfectly. TWRP is not required. I was able to reboot into the pixel experience recovery and flash it via adb connected to the pc. Root and magisk hide work perfectly. Safety net passes.
I also tried updating to magisk canary, however this would hard lock the phone 2 minutes after boot no matter what I did. Best to stick with 23.0.

It is very bad that you are using unofficial site for downloading magisk. The official builds are only on Github - https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
It's true what @dduuch said.
Always use official sources for such things. I have all the latest links in my POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides (apk+.zips) and also in my guides I've wrote how to create by your own .zips of Magisk if you need. It's simply rename of the apk.

Last edited:

djbjpanchal

Dec 26, 2011
Mumbai
Im currently using project elixir currently can anyone please tell how is battery life of this rom compared to project elixir. I want to switch to pe12.

pixpaw

Mar 4, 2015
Is there a quick way for taking a screenshot? In the old ROM I would just hold down the power button and select it from the menu but that option is not available

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Im currently using project elixir currently can anyone please tell how is battery life of this rom compared to project elixir. I want to switch to pe12.
I can't tell compared to Project Elixir, but I can tell compared to A11 PE the difference on battery life and the smoothness is noticeable.

Last edited:

Dark-Yox

Nov 28, 2018
Casablanca
Hey, is there any way to update from PE+ 11 to PE 12 without reinstalling everything ? Because I have 60GB of apps, there's also some games that doesn't have cloud save and I don't want to lose my progress.

Zeebeest1

Mar 5, 2021
The Netherlands
Xiaomi Poco F1
I did a dirty install through TWRP, right now my device is constantly crashing and rebooting to system. Additionally i'm not able to flash into TWRP Recovery anymore, starting my device by holding down the Power button + the volume up button simultaneously flashes it into PixelExperience recovery mode instead. I've kinda reach a dead point as far as my knowledge goes on how to solve this situation.. :O

Anyone has a solution, or any advice? Thank you in advance!!

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
The last time I tried something similar (from PE+ 10 to PE 11) nothing was working, can someone confirm that dirty flash is working from PE+ 11 to PE 12 ?
No. Read the Instructions.
I did a dirty install through TWRP, right now my device is constantly crashing and rebooting to system. Additionally i'm not able to flash into TWRP Recovery anymore, starting my device by holding down the Power button + the volume up button simultaneously flashes it into PixelExperience recovery mode instead. I've kinda reach a dead point as far as my knowledge goes on how to solve this situation.. :O

Anyone has a solution, or any advice? Thank you in advance!!
You did dirty flash from A11 to A12 PE? Do not ever do that in any ROM.
Read the instructions of the ROM you flashing.

The ROM is encrypted by default.
TWRP doesn't support decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs yet.
So in order for future OTA updates to work, flashing A12 PE will automatically replace the TWRP with PE recovery which can handle encryption of the ROM and OTA will work normally. If you need to flash anything like magisk you can sidealod it from PE recovery via adb. This is a temporary solution until the TWRP can handle decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs.

Now you need to flash official twrp via fadtboot adb wipe everything, format fata "type yes" (all your files into your internal storage will be lost), connect your device to pc while you are in twrp and transfer the rom. Flash it and done. If u ever need to switch a rom, simply flash twrp by fastboot adb and clean install(format data also) the rom you want.

Dark-Yox

Nov 28, 2018
Casablanca
Well, I did a backup in case anything go wrong. So I tried dirty flashing it using TWRP 3.6.0 and everything is working fine for now. I also still have TWRP 3.6.0 which is pretty good imo.

And if someone is too lazy to patch the boot.img for Magisk, I'll upload the patched boot.img here.

Attachments

• Magisk_24.1_PixelExperience_beryllium-12.0-20220119[1].img
    64 MB · Views: 15

Zeebeest1

Mar 5, 2021
The Netherlands
Xiaomi Poco F1
No. Read the Instructions.

You did dirty flash from A11 to A12 PE? Do not ever do that in any ROM.
Read the instructions of the ROM you flashing.

The ROM is encrypted by default.
TWRP doesn't support decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs yet.
So in order for future OTA updates to work, flashing A12 PE will automatically replace the TWRP with PE recovery which can handle encryption of the ROM and OTA will work normally. If you need to flash anything like magisk you can sidealod it from PE recovery via adb. This is a temporary solution until the TWRP can handle decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs.

Now you need to flash official twrp via fadtboot adb wipe everything, format fata "type yes" (all your files into your internal storage will be lost), connect your device to pc while you are in twrp and transfer the rom. Flash it and done. If u ever need to switch a rom, simply flash twrp by fastboot adb and clean install(format data also) the rom you want.
Thanks, I'll follow the steps you listed here.

Just to be sure, there's no possible way for me to still backup the data on my device before starting the clean install? I am able to start up my device shortly as of now.

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks, I'll follow the steps you listed here.

Just to be sure, there's no possible way for me to still backup the data on my device before starting the clean install? I am able to start up my device shortly as of now.
If you can connect the device to pc while you are booted and you can see Internal folders just take backup of it, to your pc.

Reactions: mantlabs

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Well, I did a backup in case anything go wrong. So I tried dirty flashing it using TWRP 3.6.0 and everything is working fine for now. I also still have TWRP 3.6.0 which is pretty good imo.

And if someone is too lazy to patch the boot.img for Magisk, I'll upload the patched boot.img here.
I don't know what you did and how you managed to boot and twrp not replaced but if you can boot fine, the ROM is encrypted by default and the TWRP can't decrypt the storage. You will see random names on folders. Unless you flashed DFE but you will not get OTA either.

Beside that, it's possible to have errors or crashes so we will not accept reports of these.

In any case, I don't recommend to anyone to dirty flash from A11 to A12 in any rom. Read the instructions the dev wrote.

Also magisk patched boot image no need. Anyone can simply flash Magisk.zip.

Last edited:

Dark-Yox

Nov 28, 2018
Casablanca
I don't know what you did and how you managed to boot and twrp not replaced but if you can boot fine, the ROM is encrypted by default and the TWRP can't decrypt the storage. You will see random names on folders. Unless you flashed DFE but you will not get OTA either.

Beside that, it's possible to have errors or crashes so we will not accept reports of these.

In any case, I don't recommend to anyone to dirty flash from A11 to A12 in any rom. Read the instructions the dev wrote.

Also magisk patched boot image no need. Anyone can simply flash Magisk.zip.
All I did is dirty flash the ROM and wipe cache before rebooting like I always do with every update.

What Magisk.zip are you talking about ? Because there's no ZIP since Magisk 21.4 and it's not working with A12 ( I just tried )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.
    Hey,
    Does anybody know when the Pixel Experience 12 Plus come for Poco f1?

Thanks for your answer.
    XDA rule: never ask for ETA. Look periodically at PE homepage or Telegram group.
    thanks @lakshay18

in accessibility i only found "disable all animations" which is a little overkill for what i wanna do

what's the recommended way to install magisk, since the rom removed twrp i don't see a simple "install" in recovery?
    Try to sideload magisk via adb pe recovery.
    does that involve a pc? and if so do the problems with amd cpu's still exist?
    Yes involve a pc or if you have external sdcard you can install it from it via recovery I guess.
    There is a fix for fastboot issue. I have wrote a guide at POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides. Follow the steps there.
    big news, thanks for maintaining this rom! runs great so far!
    is there a way to remove the fade in animation when i unlock the phone?
    I am not the developer. @lakshay18 is the dev, thank him :p
    I don't know about the fade, check Accessibility or Developer options.

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
    • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
    • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.