[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][CAS] ArrowOS

Search This thread

Hilus

May 14, 2018
Xayah! First of all, i really wanna thank you for your hard work and putting out this ROM! I was waiting for Android 12 (none miui) since it launched, every day i was checking this thread in case someone uploaded it. And here we go again, Xayah do not let me down :D I'm amazed by your work and I wish i could port ROMs on my own.
I've been using this ROM as my daily for 2 days now, I'm loving it! I preffered MIUI over Android 11 back then cause A11 was just a boring copy of A10 and A9, at least for me, but now A12 is fresh, enjoyable and just exciting.

As far as i can see everything works fine. I found a couple of bugs, but to be honest I thinks those are google's fault. Two of the main are:
- when unlocking using fingerprint the screen lights up unnaturally for a brief second which is kinda unpleasent for eyes (sometimes it messes up brighteness settings)
- when closing chat heads the dimmed parts of the UI stay dimmed (tho it really feels like google, we all know how messed up their implemation of chat heads is)

Also I'm really lacking Xiaomi's camera app, but i understand if this is not really your problem :D . The other thing is the way that google made AOD makes it really batery consuming and there is no QS to turn this off (only for ambient display, not AOD as I like to have it).

Anyway, I'm not sure if you could fix those, but I would really appreciate those quality of life changes. I'm really excited cause it's the first ROM that makes me wanna stay on it since I changed my phone from Mi Mix 2 to Mi 10 Ultra :D

Once again, thank you for your work, that's really amazing!

Xayah

Feb 18, 2021
T
Xayah! First of all, i really wanna thank you for your hard work and putting out this ROM! I was waiting for Android 12 (none miui) since it launched, every day i was checking this thread in case someone uploaded it. And here we go again, Xayah do not let me down :D I'm amazed by your work and I wish i could port ROMs on my own.
I've been using this ROM as my daily for 2 days now, I'm loving it! I preffered MIUI over Android 11 back then cause A11 was just a boring copy of A10 and A9, at least for me, but now A12 is fresh, enjoyable and just exciting.

As far as i can see everything works fine. I found a couple of bugs, but to be honest I thinks those are google's fault. Two of the main are:
- when unlocking using fingerprint the screen lights up unnaturally for a brief second which is kinda unpleasent for eyes (sometimes it messes up brighteness settings)
- when closing chat heads the dimmed parts of the UI stay dimmed (tho it really feels like google, we all know how messed up their implemation of chat heads is)

Also I'm really lacking Xiaomi's camera app, but i understand if this is not really your problem :D . The other thing is the way that google made AOD makes it really batery consuming and there is no QS to turn this off (only for ambient display, not AOD as I like to have it).

Anyway, I'm not sure if you could fix those, but I would really appreciate those quality of life changes. I'm really excited cause it's the first ROM that makes me wanna stay on it since I changed my phone from Mi Mix 2 to Mi 10 Ultra :D

Once again, thank you for your work, that's really amazing!
Thank you for supporting :)
The brightness issue will be fixed in the future.
But the flashbang when unlocking by fod is common issue among sm8250 devices, it's hard to solve :(

Reactions: Kyle M.

dfps123

Jun 14, 2021
Hi. Im tired and desperate after being on pc for 12 hours trying to find solution for my phone...
First thing is that i have a second hand phone with box and everything but after i install chinese version with xiaomiflash it promps me that device is registered to another account and i need a password.
So i tried custom roms to see if i can bypass that problem.
If i install any twrp besides Xayah version, i cannot copy any rom from my pc to phone. Xayah version makes the phone partitions show up and i can go trough all phone files and im able to put anything in the phone .
Then i install this rom (Arrow) and gets stuck into boot even after i switch data files system.
After reboot from loot to twrp it gets stuck on load screan on and off and doesnt enter(maybe because it suports android 11 and since i instaled this android 12 version is not compatible?!)...so i have to reinstall chinese version with xiaomiflash version, then xaya version to try another roms...without any sucess.
I dont see anyone having this specific problem that why im making this post.
Any sugestions?
Ty

EDIT:
I DID IT! Finaly is working all good :)(dunno what i did different this time but worked )
Thanks for the software.

Last edited:

dfps123

Jun 14, 2021
Thanks, I managed to get it running now. The problem was due to me being stupid: I installed the OS-Version without Gapps, but GCam obviously needs Gapps. In case anyone else faces the same problem, I used this to simulate Gapps: https://github.com/lukaspieper/Gcam-Services-Provider
Great tip.
Im trying to install the xiaomi cam because i cant find any macro option on gcam ...but i guess il have to do same thing as gcam.
Do you know any xiaomi simulator?

AerationCheese

Sep 3, 2020
How's this working with the latest update? Any significant bugs with standard usage (like charging, phone calls, apps crashing, etc)?

And one more specific question - how is the camera? I really value my high zoom values, like I wouldn't want to use the camera on this ROM if zoom quality is an issue and not comparable to stock. 4k60 video is also important, night mode decently important, and not super important but portrait mode is very desirable.

Logarithmic

Jan 7, 2022
Hi Xayah! I was tried to flash the lasted build "Arrow-v12.0-cas-OFFICIAL-20220101-VANILLA" on my phone , but it can't work properly, and it get stuck in boot animation. My device info and steps below.
  • Device: Mi 10 Ultra (cas)
  • Recovery Version: TWRP-3.4.2B-1208-XIAOMI10ULTRA-CN-wzsx150-fastboot
  • Basic Rom: miui_CAS_V12.5.6.0.RJJCNXM_603cff371c_11.0
  • ArrowOS Version: Arrow-v12.0-cas-OFFICIAL-20220101-VANILLA
And steps I tried:
  1. Flash TWRP
  2. Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache
  3. Format Data
  4. Reboot to TWRP
  5. Flash lasted MIUI V12.5.6.0.RJJCNXM
  6. Flash ArrowOS
  7. Reboot
  8. When it get stuck in boot animation, reboot to recovery and format Data
I also tried to wipe data and format data after flash ArrowOS before reboot, but it doesn't work, too. By the way, when I search some solutions, I found that someone said the lasted build of Arrow(20220101) can cause device can't boot, is it real?

Xayah

Feb 18, 2021
Hi Xayah! I was tried to flash the lasted build "Arrow-v12.0-cas-OFFICIAL-20220101-VANILLA" on my phone , but it can't work properly, and it get stuck in boot animation. My device info and steps below.
  • Device: Mi 10 Ultra (cas)
  • Recovery Version: TWRP-3.4.2B-1208-XIAOMI10ULTRA-CN-wzsx150-fastboot
  • Basic Rom: miui_CAS_V12.5.6.0.RJJCNXM_603cff371c_11.0
  • ArrowOS Version: Arrow-v12.0-cas-OFFICIAL-20220101-VANILLA
And steps I tried:
  1. Flash TWRP
  2. Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache
  3. Format Data
  4. Reboot to TWRP
  5. Flash lasted MIUI V12.5.6.0.RJJCNXM
  6. Flash ArrowOS
  7. Reboot
  8. When it get stuck in boot animation, reboot to recovery and format Data
I also tried to wipe data and format data after flash ArrowOS before reboot, but it doesn't work, too. By the way, when I search some solutions, I found that someone said the lasted build of Arrow(20220101) can cause device can't boot, is it real?
I am sorry that's my fault and 2022-1-1 cant boot actually. I have tried remove this build but no use, plz try other versions.

And you can join my tg group to get more A12 roms:)

Reactions: Matija Gubec

lieutenantcop

May 21, 2017
I am sorry that's my fault and 2022-1-1 cant boot actually. I have tried remove this build but no use, plz try other versions.

And you can join my tg group to get more A12 roms:)
I have here miui13 installed and twrp is broken and is not prompting for password to decrypt the storage, so my question how can i install arrowOS with this current situation. Any help is really appreciated.

DOU_H

Aug 25, 2016
Hi! Thanks for your working :) . By the way, why cant I download the latest 12.1 in the offical website?
1656904569548.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Xiaomi 10 Ultra [cas]

What is this?
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    FOD
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    etc..

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

TWO VERSIONS YOU CAN CHOOSE
    Download (In Archive)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Telegram Group(There are few people now)

How to flash it
    1.Backup your data
    2.Flash TWRP(You can flash THIS or THIS)
    Its language may be Chinese, Settings = 设置 : )
    3.Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache
    4.Format Data
    5.Reboot to TWRP
    6.Flash latested MIUI(Based On Android11, recommend MIUI V13.0.1.0.SJJCNXM)
    7.Flash this rom.
    8.Reboot and enjoy it

Q&A
    1.Why does it show error 1 In TWRP when flashing it?
    --Flash latested MIUI(Based On Android12, recommend MIUI V13.0.1.0.SJJCNXM)
    2.Why dose it get stuck in boot animation?
    --TWRP->Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Choose Data->Repair or Change File System->Change File System->F2FS

Contributors
    Xayah

Version Information
    OFFICIAL

Created 2021-4-3
    Last Updated 2022-06-02
    It's really unfortunate all these ROMs seem to have died out. I would have loved to see a fully custom ROM for my phone...
    ArrowOS is still updating, isn't is?
    I will update some ROMs these days
    ArrowOS 12.0 is comming :)
    Do you have a link to this? I'm not familiar with 'tg'.
    Dude he means Telegram Group "TG"...
    Click Here And Enjoy :D
    Mi 10 Ultra Group By Xayah
    The 02/05 update is just pure awesomeness, I'm absolutely loving it, installation was easy and quick, followed op's install guide, rom booted quickly with a nice boot animation, quick setup, and I'm fully booted, nice eye candy all around the rom, loads of extra settings, 120 hertz working so is 120w on charging is working, 4g defo working don't know about 5g, all Google services working perfect, magisk 21.1 working perfect and if hidden from a bunch of apps with "universalSafetyNet" module installed does not passes cts, I don't know why but inspite of cts failing Google pay working and Netflix full hd L1 working. For camera I followed the gcam thread and its working showing all lenses but unfortunately crashes on video still trying to figure out why, but no biggie though cos can use the built-in camera for vids, too early to comment on battery life but seems ok for my use. No echo in calls inbound/outbound. Overall thunder fast rom and defo a daily driver.
    Big thanks to OP for bringing this awesome rom for our devices, thanks buddy keep it up, cheers.