pancon

Mar 4, 2012
Bogor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220509-203237_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220509-203237_Settings.png
    175 KB · Views: 63
May 27, 2016
Before flashing the rom, here's some bugs I've faced (will update as they come up, could be because of the kernel and not the rom itself):
  • Restoring from a backup on Google results in fingerprint not working for screen unlock. Restore at the setup on first startup or after continuing setup from the notification, same result. Fingerprint does work for payment apps.
  • Really jumpy adaptive brightness.
  • Cannot file transfer in USB, in ROM and recovery. USB controlled by setting stuck to "this device", won't switch. Only way to flash for me was to adb sideload. SD card or OTG might be easier.
  • Unable to flash twrp to ramdisk as of now, system/data partition is only available after format data in twrp.
And for the not bug but annoying during flashing, there's no recovery partition. Recovery is loaded into the boot partition. And there's two fricking slots. It's nice that we can have two recoveries, TWRP and crdroid, but annoying nonetheless.

Ported over from MIUI Global 13.0.9.0, I'd stay with MIUI and wait for the kernel to be released if I knew the drawbacks beforehand.

mzubairtariq

Sep 16, 2018
Lahore
Before flashing the rom, here's some bugs I've faced (will update as they come up, could be because of the kernel and not the rom itself):
  • Restoring from a backup on Google results in fingerprint not working for screen unlock. Restore at the setup on first startup or after continuing setup from the notification, same result. Fingerprint does work for payment apps.
  • Really jumpy adaptive brightness.
  • Cannot file transfer in USB, in ROM and recovery. USB controlled by setting stuck to "this device", won't switch. Only way to flash for me was to adb sideload. SD card or OTG might be easier.
  • Unable to flash twrp to ramdisk as of now, system/data partition is only available after format data in twrp.
And for the not bug but annoying during flashing, there's no recovery partition. Recovery is loaded into the boot partition. And there's two fricking slots. It's nice that we can have two recoveries, TWRP and crdroid, but annoying nonetheless.

Ported over from MIUI Global 13.0.9.0, I'd stay with MIUI and wait for the kernel to be released if I knew the drawbacks beforehand.
for me the fingerprint worked fine i also restored backup from my google account. i also ported over from MIUI Global 13.0.9.0

pancon

Mar 4, 2012
Bogor
Update method :
1. Copy rom .zip to external storage (otg or SD card)
2. Boot to twrp
3. Dirty flash , direct install rom without wipe
4. You will get error during flash 2/2 ,and when you boot again, your twrp will be replaced with crdroid recovery
5. Flash again twrp via fastboot
6. Flash again rom directly
7. Done ok

Reactions: Phildu67

mzubairtariq

Sep 16, 2018
Lahore
I have updated the rom to 8.5 14th may build. The fingerprint issue is still not resolved. When screen is unlocked and you touch the fingerprint the upper left corner of screen gets selected and when we press the power button/fingerprint to turn the screen off it doesn't turn off in one press the screen gets locked but gets turned on at the same time. Kindly resolve this issue its very annoying. Other than that rom is working perfectly. Thank you for this amazing rom on our redmi note 11 spes

Last edited:

Phildu67

Mar 11, 2018
Strasbourg, France
Xiaomi Mi 8
I have updated the rom to 8.5 14th may build. The fingerprint issue is still not resolved. When screen is unlocked and you touch the fingerprint the upper left corner of screen gets selected and when we press the power button/fingerprint to turn the screen off it doesn't turn off in one press the screen gets locked but gets turned on at the same time. Kindly resolve this issue its very annoying. Other than that rom is working perfectly. Thank you for this amazing rom on our redmi note 11 spes
I have exactly the same issues 🥲 I hope the update of this week will fix theses bugs 🤞

Guan Yu

Mar 27, 2019
At setup system was crashing but after rebooting 2times and changing wallpaper(some one told source issue) it was good.

Refresh rate setting available in quick setting

Mic working and booted on 4/64 Indian variant.

*very much smoother than miui and has insane ram management. Battery backup almost same while using can not say about idle.*

Asop/crdroid Dialer has call recording without announcement
does deepsleep works ?

Last edited by a moderator:

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
Is there a version without GApps planned? I mean I can deactivate some of the Google apps, but it then spams warning messages about "Settings Services" not working. But in general I don't feel well with Google apps having admin rights on my system.

Reactions: snipyyy

pancon

Mar 4, 2012
Bogor
With latest build , some random reboot, and lag video playback ,if the videos captured by camera, playing another movie files works normal.

snipyyy

Feb 24, 2015
Is there a version without GApps planned? I mean I can deactivate some of the Google apps, but it then spams warning messages about "Settings Services" not working. But in general I don't feel well with Google apps having admin rights on my system.
+1 for that question. Waiting for a de-googled custom rom for spes. Is that possible with crdroid?

Top Liked Posts