Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1] crDroidAndroid 8.x [SPES|SPESN]

Search This thread

MarvavCZE

Feb 20, 2018
Wow, just moved from my 5 years old santoni to spesn only to discover that my favorite rom is provided by the same maintainer!? I guess I am a real fan of yours @jabieff
Thank you for your hard work <3

mi-saan

Jun 12, 2022
the rom's good. some stability issues right now when it comes to calling and camera usage but otherwise ok-ok.
the lock screen clock is weirdly positioned like a bit too low for my liking don't know how to correct that.

Oifan

Dec 2, 2018
Wow, just moved from my 5 years old santoni to spesn only to discover that my favorite rom is provided by the same maintainer!? I guess I am a real fan of yours @jabieff
Thank you for your hard work <3
I too have switched from santoni to spesn (one month ago) -- since my father needed a smartphone. And also wondered that the same guy maintains both devices :)

Reactions: MarvavCZE

wakekib399

Jul 24, 2022
Hey, huge fan of this OS, more of a linageos guy tho because of their microg support and encryption. That's why I'm really hoping these workarounds work:

Encryption: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rom-which-has-it-disabled-by-default.4312447/

Microg: https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG_releases/releases

Can anybody please check if they are working? I want to order this device, but it seems as though encryption in particular works only on some devices. Thanks again to maintainers, you are doing a god's work

shami_n

Jul 4, 2012
Auckland
Hey, huge fan of this OS, more of a linageos guy tho because of their microg support and encryption. That's why I'm really hoping these workarounds work:

Encryption: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rom-which-has-it-disabled-by-default.4312447/

Microg: https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG_releases/releases

Can anybody please check if they are working? I want to order this device, but it seems as though encryption in particular works only on some devices. Thanks again to maintainers, you are doing a god's work
I'm a big fan too of crdroid, had installed on all my household phones.
Regarding microg, unfortunately this doesn't work. When I tried it said completed successfully. Upon restarting I can see google play services and other google stuff got removed, but the microg and its components were not installed. Tried few times and still the same. I also tried the Nanodroid option and it errored saying something like "failed to install npem'.
I highly hope there will be a no-gapps version of this rom sometime in the near future.

hamidv2

Dec 10, 2015
Does anyone know the charging switch for this phone ?
I want it to use Battery Charge Limit so I can stop my phone charging up to 80% max.
Or is it even possible to include this natively in crDroid ?
Thanks

P.S : I've alread tried /sys/class/qcom-battery/input_suspend but it doesn't work for me

ToRt1sher

May 10, 2014
I want it to use Battery Charge Limit so I can stop my phone charging up to 80% max.
Thanks

P.S : I've alread tried /sys/class/qcom-battery/input_suspend but it doesn't work for me
In the A11 versions of crdroid, you could do that. I ended up using a magisk module called "Advanced Charging Controller" and its companion app. You can do anything with it, charging wise. But be careful because I have seen it cause damage in some devices (like the X3 Pro). What I do for now, running stock, is just use a "slow" charger (5 or 10 watt) and just unplug it when I must.

Guan Yu

Mar 27, 2019
Redmi Note 11
Thanks

fr , the phone will die before the battery , so why tho

McFlyPartages

Jul 27, 2021
Finistere
Hello,

Having already had CRDroid on a Redmi Note 10 Pro, I would have liked to install it on a Redmi Note 11, but I'm sad not to see a version without GAPPS.

If I install a version without GAPPS (8.6) can I update it (still without GAPPS of course).

Or else does it take time for developers to release roms without GAPPS

Thanks for advance

Reactions: truevision

Obi_Wlan

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks

One alternative is to use Accubattery with charge alarm. It will ring at 80%. You can disconnect it manually then.
Or buy a switch with timer that turns off after 1 hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fr , the phone will die before the battery , so why tho
    Who knows, maybe it will. I kept my redmi note 4x for almost 5 years, still works like a champ. I swapped the battery once, mostly just for fun. If this phone can work well after four years, it is worth to take some care of the battery.
    Hello,

Having already had CRDroid on a Redmi Note 10 Pro, I would have liked to install it on a Redmi Note 11, but I'm sad not to see a version without GAPPS.

If I install a version without GAPPS (8.6) can I update it (still without GAPPS of course).

Or else does it take time for developers to release roms without GAPPS

Thanks for advance
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    crDroid 8.x: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Download the ROM, Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
    • Flash the ROM and Magisk (Optional) (if your need magisk, after flash ROM, reboot recovery and flash it)
    • Format data
    • Reboot

Update installation:
    • Flash the ROM, , Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: Prebuilt for now (blame xiaomi)
    Kernel (header only): https://github.com/Jabiyeff/kernel_xiaomi_spes_header

Download:
    ROM Sourceforge

Changelog:
    crDroid 8.x: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._crDroidOTA/12.1/changelog_spes.txt

Known issues:
    - Zoom videomeetings app green camera issue
    - VoWiFi doesn't work

Visit official website @ crDroid.net

crDroid Spes Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Awesome... Finally something for spes! People don't see it yet but this phone will become extremely popular because of the display and battery life. Mark my words.

Redmi Note 11 spes/spesn subforum when, XDA??
    What do you mean by "Offline" charging doesn't work?
    What do you mean by "Offline" charging doesn't work?
    it means it works but it doesn't show any sign of it charging.
    At setup system was crashing but after rebooting 2times and changing wallpaper(some one told source issue) it was good.

Refresh rate setting available in quick setting

Mic working and booted on 4/64 Indian variant.

*very much smoother than miui and has insane ram management. Battery backup almost same while using can not say about idle.*

Asop/crdroid Dialer has call recording without announcement