[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Galaxy S10/e/+/5G] PixelExtended [AOSP][ENCRYPTION]

Search This thread

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
The version you mentioned.
But I have been experiencing the same issue also on previous PixelExtended 12 builds https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ryption-lineageos-recovery-supported.4399589/
So it's not a build issue, but rather a ROM issue.
Almost every other AOSP roms for S10 series have that issue. I have also searched through everywhere to way to increase it And no solution found so far 😒

Only one developer in another S10 rom has asked how much to increase in "DerpFest S - android 12.1" rom for S10 series.

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
With the may update you have fixed almost all bugs I have noticed: thanks a lot, a very good rom that is getting better and better 👍

Reactions: Jubscleisson

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
I'm currently running the Unofficial PixelExtended 12 version of this rom. In order to flash the latest official rom ;

✅ Do I have to flash again the Samsung Official Firmware (Android 12 version) & then flash the latest rom?
✅ Or can I just Factory reset through Lineage Recovery & flash the latest rom?

thanks.. 😊

I'm currently running the Unofficial PixelExtended 12 version of this rom. In order to flash the latest official rom ;

✅ Do I have to flash again the Samsung Official Firmware (Android 12 version) & then flash the latest rom?
✅ Or can I just Factory reset through Lineage Recovery & flash the latest rom?

thanks.. 😊
Update your fw using the file present in this link (instructions are present in the link) and then flash the last official build, I strongly recommend a clean flash.

Reactions: Niroshft

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
@Jubscleisson I just noticed this. The instruction link has only a 65mb tar file & it says to flash it on BL slot using odin. I usually flash the whole firmware on odin in BL, AP, CP, CSC as a complete installation.

Can I just flash that 65mb file on Bl slot & I'm ok to go? I didn't know about this earlier. Thanks.

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
Good question, I want to update the firmware too and it's safer to be sure.
And to update the LOS recovery (I'm still with the 18.1, I've flashed with heimdall but it's not working to update it) which Odin slot do you select?
Thanks

Last edited:

zack2172

Aug 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S10
I want to report about the status bar icon sometimes change the position, sometimes it in perfect line, but sometimes it moves closer to the edge of screen (beyond0lte - doesn't change anything about kernel so i think stock)
P/s: pls add file hash

Last edited:

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
@Jubscleisson I just noticed this. The instruction link has only a 65mb tar file & it says to flash it on BL slot using odin. I usually flash the whole firmware on odin in BL, AP, CP, CSC as a complete installation.

Can I just flash that 65mb file on Bl slot & I'm ok to go? I didn't know about this earlier. Thanks.
Have you updated? If yes which is the right way for the kernel?

Have you finally updated? Is right to flash only the kernel file on the BL slot?

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
No I didn't try it yet. It definitely works populating every slots on odin & flash. But I don't know about the other way. 🤔
I can understand you, what I can say is that I am with original Samsung firmware and 18.1 recovery and everything is working fine, so if you make a factory reset and flash the ROM it should be good anyway.
Reading what the maintainer recommended to you I would like to update the firmware but I'm scared to brick the phone. Anyone has update to LOS firmware and can say us that is safe to flash only it through Odin BL slot please?

J4son82

Jun 2, 2021
MUC
I can understand you, what I can say is that I am with original Samsung firmware and 18.1 recovery and everything is working fine, so if you make a factory reset and flash the ROM it should be good anyway.
Reading what the maintainer recommended to you I would like to update the firmware but I'm scared to brick the phone. Anyone has update to LOS firmware and can say us that is safe to flash only it through Odin BL slot please?
Yes you can flash it only via BL Slot...like the developers instructions on his page...

amankmr03

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
can anyone tell me that if i use this ROM for daily use, i use every basic feature on my phone and this S10+ is my daily driver so i want a stable firmware with good battery life and everything working... and please tell me about the LTE problem which mentioned on the front page of this ROM

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
can anyone tell me that if i use this ROM for daily use, i use every basic feature on my phone and this S10+ is my daily driver so i want a stable firmware with good battery life and everything working... and please tell me about the LTE problem which mentioned on the front page of this ROM
I'm using this ROM on my phone everyday and I don't find huge problems. Some minor bugs, but performance and battery are better than the stock one. Only once it happened that started to drain the battery and the phone was very hot without any reason. I simply make a dirty flash of the same release and everything returned fine. I can't explain why.
LTE works fine, volte doesn't work

amankmr03

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
I'm using this ROM on my phone everyday and I don't find huge problems. Some minor bugs, but performance and battery are better than the stock one. Only once it happened that started to drain the battery and the phone was very hot without any reason. I simply make a dirty flash of the same release and everything returned fine. I can't explain why.
LTE works fine, volte doesn't work
thanks for the quick reply
can i ask how much SOT are you getting after installing the ROM ?

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
i am talking about screen on time, this means how many hours your screen can be on after the full charge of the phone ... and one more thing that are you using at home or you take your S10+ with you everywhere using mobile data and calling ?
Well I have an s10e and I can use the display for about 3 hours an half, about 30-40 minutes more than stock. I'm using the phone not only at home, so with mobile data, about 7 hours a day with an average of 20 minutes of callings, 3 mail accounts and WhatsApp, no Facebook or other socials. I hope it could be useful for you even if I have a different variant

Reactions: amankmr03

amankmr03

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
Well I have an s10e and I can use the display for about 3 hours an half, about 30-40 minutes more than stock. I'm using the phone not only at home, so with mobile data, about 7 hours a day with an average of 20 minutes of callings, 3 mail accounts and WhatsApp, no Facebook or other socials. I hope it could be useful for you even if I have a different variant
yes it is useful that you told me everything about it, thank you for the quick replies ... i have S10+ and i think i will be happy with my battery life after flashing this ROM on my phone ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am talking about screen on time, this means how many hours your screen can be on after the full charge of the phone ... and one more thing that are you using at home or you take your S10+ with you everywhere using mobile data and calling ?
    There's a serious problem with the latest (20220518-0918-OFFICIAL) build with the battery performance. 😬
    Battery is draining quickly & it's is not charging when I have mobile data & mobile hotspot switched on. If I need to charge I have to switch off the data. 😒

I clean flashed the rom - flashed the latest firmware, factory reset, formatted system partitioned as well

Other than that this is the best rom, call volume & sound quality is also very good compared to other AOSP based custom roms. 👍👍👍
    Yes, it was perfect but it suddenly started to drain the battery without apparently any reason. I remade a clean flash but the problem reappeared after a couple of days, getting worse everyday. For the moment I solved making a dirty flash of pixel experience standard on the extended and everything seems to works fine, waiting for an update that could solve the problem.
    when I tried to install, an error message appeared saying that I was downgrading and the installation aborted.
    I think you're using a newer lineage recovery with june security patches and trying to install the rom with may patches. Use an older recovery or, my advice, wait for the june rom update, the one released in may suffer of strong battery drain for a lot of us.

pqhas4J.png

PixelExtended for Samsung Galaxy S10/e/+/5G [beyond0lte&beyond1lte&beyond2lte&beyondx]

What is this?
    PixelExtended is an Open Source Custom ROM based on PixelExperience, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features missing in Pixel Experience, The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Sound/vibration
    FP gestures
    Bixby Button

Known issues
    VoLTE/VoWIFI - not working for most Samsung devices, so no fix in the near future
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Click Here To See Features List

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from SourceForge

Galaxy S10e (beyond0lte)
    Galaxy S10 (beyond1lte)
    Galaxy S10+ (beyond2lte)
    Galaxy S10 5G (beyondx)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram Group
    Our Telegram Channel

Notes:
    - This rom supports only LOS recovery
    - S Firmware is mandatory

Downloads:
    Recovery (beyond0lte) (beyond1lte) (beyond2lte) (beyondx)
    S Firmware (beyond0lte) (beyond1lte) (beyond2lte) (beyondx)
    Magisk (Download from here)

First time installation:
    you CAN NOT INSTALL this ROM using TWRP.
    You need to use the Official Lineage recovery provided by Linux4 (link in downloads section)
    Installing Lineage Recovey (BL already unlocked):
    Odin:
    Rename the downloaded .img to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using, for example, 7Zip
    Flash the resulting .tar file in Odin

Installing The ROM From Lineage Recovery:
    Lineage recovery - Factory reset > Factory reset & reset system partitions
    make sure that all your zip ready for install via OTG/SD card/ADB
    Lineage recovery - Apply update > Choose from sdcard > select the rom and install it
    Install magisk .zip (change magisk.apk to magisk.zip if you installing via SD card/OTG)
    Reboot to system!

Credits:
    @Linux4 - For making the trees and officialy maintaing them in LineageOS, for giving me access to A12 device tree. and for helping me!
    @Orel6505 - For helping me all time!
    Not the problem - problem is on non-stock ROMs, encrypted streams seem to be blocked. Any fix?
    Netflix and other encrypted apps block you from getting the visual contents if it detects any other apps trying to display overlay it. In this build, I think that it is the Night Light feature, turn it off temporarily will fix it. I was struggling with magisk and stuff all night after installing the latest build to get Netflix work normally, but the solution is just simply turn off the Nigh Light filter LOL.
    Well, I have just installed 12 hours ago and I have made only one short call with a bluetooth earphones, what I can say that it has worked quite well. I have tried to play some music with a bluetooth speaker too and it seemed to me fine.
    This version of Bluetooth works well, there is no problem with the volume, and it supports OTA! Thanks very much for efforts from Jubscleisson!