[ROM][OFFICIAL][13] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Vkg1985

Jul 20, 2022
Hi
How you doing?
Installed crdroid (Android 11) yesterday, everything works except GPS.
Getting JIO network, phone calls,data,sms all working fine.
Is there anything I can do to help with the JIO situation in PE12. Maybe catalog from this rom? I hope it gets fixed soon.

Vkg1985

Jul 20, 2022
The speaker (top one) goes mute when you put the phone to your ear during a call or put your finger over the proximity sensor. Both the proximity sensor and earpiece speaker are located side by side.
This problem was also present in PE+.

Also when you turn on speakers to answer the call only the bottom one gives out sound resulting in overall low speaker volume.

Reactions: Turkson

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth
Hi
How you doing?
Installed crdroid (Android 11) yesterday, everything works except GPS.
Getting JIO network, phone calls,data,sms all working fine.
Is there anything I can do to help with the JIO situation in PE12. Maybe catalog from this rom? I hope it gets fixed soon.
The next version will be fixed
The speaker (top one) goes mute when you put the phone to your ear during a call or put your finger over the proximity sensor. Both the proximity sensor and earpiece speaker are located side by side.
This problem was also present in PE+.

Also when you turn on speakers to answer the call only the bottom one gives out sound resulting in overall low speaker volume.
1. I have no way to reproduce the first point you said. I can only conclude that you did not follow the tutorial correctly.
2. In some scenes, the volume will be low, like automatic answering, but the call between two people will not be affected.

Vkg1985

Jul 20, 2022
The next version will be fixed

1. I have no way to reproduce the first point you said. I can only conclude that you did not follow the tutorial correctly.
2. In some scenes, the volume will be low, like automatic answering, but the call between two people will not be affected.
Just dial somebody's number and then ask the person on the line to speak continuously for one minute and then move the phone a little bit away from your ear and then press it back to your ear. That's all.

when the phone is at a distance you'll hear the person and when the phone touches you the voice gets cut off.
Do you want me to send a video.
Currently I am trying palladium OS and it does not have support for navigation bar probably according to the maintainer.
I thought about trying these other oses until you publish the updated PE.

One more thing banking apps were reporting that the device is rooted on the lineage os rom you provided. Why ? They ran just fine on PE, CRDROID even the PALLADIUM I am using right now.

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth
Just dial somebody's number and then ask the person on the line to speak continuously for one minute and then move the phone a little bit away from your ear and then press it back to your ear. That's all.

when the phone is at a distance you'll hear the person and when the phone touches you the voice gets cut off.
Do you want me to send a video.
Currently I am trying palladium OS and it does not have support for navigation bar probably according to the maintainer.
I thought about trying these other oses until you publish the updated PE.

One more thing banking apps were reporting that the device is rooted on the lineage os rom you provided. Why ? They ran just fine on PE, CRDROID even the PALLADIUM I am using right now.
Your situation still won't reproduce.

The lineage os root problem is solved by itself, I have to make sure not to use hacks that bypass detection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vkg1985

billymatt

Feb 21, 2007
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 [oxygen]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
WIFI
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Microphone
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
-None -

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate

Liked our work? Donate to the project!

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Device support channel
Android OS version: 12.1.0_r10
ROM Kernel: 4.9
Security patch level: July, 2022
Build Author: HalifaxTe55
Device and Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
ROM Developer: jhenrique09

thx a lot for excellent work HalifaxTe55!
but I'm a little confused with sensors including accelerometer/light/proximity/magnetometer/gyroscope
if I just only flashboot flash the MIUI ROM you mentioned (oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global),everything works fine,every sensor working as it should be under the MIUI.
but if I completely follow the installation instruction:
1.fastboot flash oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global
2.fastboot boot aosp_recovery.img
3.Select "Factory reset" --> "Format data/factory" reset
4.adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_oxygen-12.1-20220714-0903-OFFICIAL.zip
5.reboot to system and finished initiation setting.
6.accelerometer/light/proximity/magnetometer/gyroscope sensors couldn't work
7.this lead to auto-rotate and adaptive-brightness function couldn't work as MIUI(oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global)

because every sensor works fine under MIUI, so I assumed persist partition was not damaged or broken (persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p58)
In fact,I had tried backup persist partition use "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img" under MIUI and restore use "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img" under Pixel Experience,with no luck this didn't solve the problem.

would you please helping me to check which step I did wrong ? thx!

[sensors works fine in MIUI]
1.png

[sensors didn't work in Pixel Experience]
0.png

Last edited:

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth
but I'm a little confused with sensors including accelerometer/light/proximity/magnetometer/gyroscope
if I just only flashboot flash the MIUI ROM you mentioned (oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global),everything works fine,every sensor working as it should be under the MIUI.
1.fastboot flash oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global
7.this lead to auto-rotate and adaptive-brightness function couldn't work as MIUI(oxygen_global_images_V10.3.1.0.NDDMIXM_20190613.0000.00_7.1_global)

because every sensor works fine under MIUI, so I assumed persist partition was not damaged or broken (persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p58)
In fact,I had tried backup persist partition use "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img" under MIUI and restore use "dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img" under Pixel Experience,with no luck this didn't solve the problem.

View attachment 5683713

View attachment 5683725
Idk, it works perfectly on my device. Btw, send me your log private message.

billymatt

Feb 21, 2007
I've send my log.txt to you via pm,thx a lot!

and,as a amateur tech guy,I did some works as I could.
when all sensors works fine in MIUI, I use "find / -name "*.so"" try to find relative drivers in whole system. as a comparison,do this again in PE which sensors not work,the result show that some so file are missing in PE.
\system_root\lib\hw\sensors.msm8953.so
\system_root\lib64\hw\sensors.msm8953.so
are these missing files the cause of the problem ?
but I've tried to copy these files to same path in PE and reboot,nothing changes,sensors keep malfunction.

Attachments

• MIUI.so.txt
    138.8 KB · Views: 6
  • PE.so.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Josry

Mar 10, 2019
How to revert back to original miui?now i cannot flash original rom..it say "no file directory" and i notice that i cannot mount data and cache: no such device

soulzynd

Jan 21, 2021
Redmi Note 11
hello, i have storage problem, its show only 32gb of internal space instead of 64. anyone have the same problem? or maybe a solution? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-205749_Settings[1].png
    Screenshot_20220813-205749_Settings[1].png
    124.5 KB · Views: 15

virtualhjs

Jan 19, 2015
The problem with mobile data seems to be related to connecting to the LTE network (4G) and automatically managing available networks. In this ROM I can only connect via GSM (2G) and WCDMA (3G) networks. On the WCDMA network it is possible to go up to the H+ standard, which offers speed similar to LTE. The other problem I've noticed is that auto-management doesn't work well. When switching between 2G and 3G networks, you often cannot switch back to 3G network, running out of mobile data, as 2G networks are insufficient for Internet. When I manually change the network options to connect, disable and re-enable SIM, the 3G connection works again. If I set to use 4G exclusively, no connection occurs.
It may be that the system is not configured to handle the LTE standard (4G) in some countries and the automatic management of 2G and 3G networks is not fully functioning in those countries' networks. In my case, I'm in Brazil.

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth

View attachment 5683713

View attachment 5683725
now fixed
The problem with mobile data seems to be related to connecting to the LTE network (4G) and automatically managing available networks. In this ROM I can only connect via GSM (2G) and WCDMA (3G) networks. On the WCDMA network it is possible to go up to the H+ standard, which offers speed similar to LTE. The other problem I've noticed is that auto-management doesn't work well. When switching between 2G and 3G networks, you often cannot switch back to 3G network, running out of mobile data, as 2G networks are insufficient for Internet. When I manually change the network options to connect, disable and re-enable SIM, the 3G connection works again. If I set to use 4G exclusively, no connection occurs.
It may be that the system is not configured to handle the LTE standard (4G) in some countries and the automatic management of 2G and 3G networks is not fully functioning in those countries' networks. In my case, I'm in Brazil.
Try flashing the latest version

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth
2022/08/15
Changelog:

- August security patch
- Fixed fm radio crash
- Fixed some user sensors issues
- Fixed an issue with low speed adapter charging
- Added WireGuard
- Added JIO carrier support
- Monet bootanimation added
- Use AOSP recovery by default
- Updated translations
- Updated media codec
- Updated wifi stack (LA.UM.9.6.3.r1-06200-89xx.0)
- Update Kernel to 4.9.325
- Increase wifi scan results
- Other minor issues have been fixed

-Known Issues-
- google assistant voice match not working in this update
- This update cannot update the system through the ota program

Last edited:

iparout

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks for the updates. I will try this ROM to see if the mobile data bug in your LineageOS persists in this one as well. Do I have to download and flash the official Xiaomi fastboot package to go from your LineageOS ROM to this one ? Also, which PE package do I flash ? The 12 or the 12 (Plus edition) ?

Thanks for all your hard work.

HalifaxTe55

Mar 1, 2017
perth
Thanks for the updates. I will try this ROM to see if the mobile data bug in your LineageOS persists in this one as well. Do I have to download and flash the official Xiaomi fastboot package to go from your LineageOS ROM to this one ? Also, which PE package do I flash ? The 12 or the 12 (Plus edition) ?

Thanks for all your hard work.
If you have operated fastboot once before, there is no need to flash it again.

KamisamaV1

Apr 11, 2019
I flashed the latest ROM (2022/08/15) and now my phone doesn't detect SIM Card/ WiFi, I tried flashing stock but it still doesn't detect SIM/WiFi.

KamisamaV1

Apr 11, 2019
You mean the previous version can be detected normally, right?
Managed to solve the issue, everything's working fine now. Thank you so much for the update.
nope, stock MIUI also doesn't detect SIM

Edit:
Looks like the IMEI number got removed and that's preventing my phone to find network/Wifi, I have no idea how to fix this.
It is detecting Sim but the network doesn't show up, looks like an IMEI problem.

Last edited:

nitinvs

Jan 29, 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 [oxygen]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
WIFI
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Microphone
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
-None -

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate

Liked our work? Donate to the project!

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Device support channel
Android OS version: 12.1.0_r22
ROM Kernel: 4.9
Security patch level: August, 2022
Build Author: HalifaxTe55
Device and Kernel Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices
Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
ROM Developer: jhenrique09

Installed latest PE rom on my MI MAX 2, everyone complaining in call echo issue ..... Pls provide a fix

Reactions: Turkson

virtualhjs

Jan 19, 2015
Hi!
Testing the 12.1-20220815-0804-OFFICIAL still the same problem I reported before, unable to operate on LTE network (4G), max WCDMA H+ (3G). Occasionally mobile data drops, being necessary to deactivate SIM (in use SIM) and reactivate one or more times to reconnect. Check if you need to include anything related to specific countries. I'm in Brazil.

Top Liked Posts