- Jan 25, 2022
For me volume slider is on the correct side. It appears right side for me. And yeah GCam crashes 50% but opening repeatedly, it doesn't crash again.First day done in this ROM and here is what I think about it.
1. Battery is ****ing amazing! I got 7h 30m of SOT which is better than OOS. This SOT was on 12 hours of use connected to WiFi for all the time except a couple of hours when it was connected to mobile data. Considering I was connected to mobile data, this battery backup is really impressive.
2. Performance is really good. It's fast and snappy. It is not 90hz all the time though. I've seen it drop to 60hz in Snapchat and YouTube Vanced. It stays on 60Hz even when I open PiP mode of YouTube.
3. Fingerprint works most of the time. It sometimes fails and refuses to open my phone with the correct finger. I just switch the finger or wait for a few seconds before trying again for it to work. Fingerprint just needs a little bit more tweaking and it will be as good as OOS or even better.
4. I have not found a lot of bugs on this, haven't had any crashes either. I have stated on bug with the refresh rate above. One more thing I have noticed is that when on battery saver mode, the clock and notifications in AOD disappear but the fingerprint prompt stays even though FOD is disabled at that particular time.
One more issue is that the charging time is displayed wrong. It's either 16/17h to full or 1min to full.
5. Just a small request from me. I know Pixel Experience is set to be minimalistic, is it possible to add themed icons for third party apps as well? It would really look good imo.
6. It comes with Gcam go which is really rudimentary. I got Greatness Gcam with Fury config and It works well. Not all cameras work tho. Front wide crashes the app repeatedly, back wide also crashes the app but when reopened will work. The app crashes when switching between wide and normal but on reopening it will be on the camera you opened last. If possible, OOS camera will be a bliss for this ROM.
7. Alert Slider UI is missing, please implement it.
8. Volume slider is on the wrong side.
When will Pixel Experience Plus launch? I'm waiting for it so I can move to that. I've been reading about it online and how it has better features. I'd recommend this ROM over Pixy because of the much better battery life right now.