[ROM][OFFICIAL][12][OnePlus Nord/avicii] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Dantespalette

Nov 7, 2021
First day done in this ROM and here is what I think about it.

1. Battery is ****ing amazing! I got 7h 30m of SOT which is better than OOS. This SOT was on 12 hours of use connected to WiFi for all the time except a couple of hours when it was connected to mobile data. Considering I was connected to mobile data, this battery backup is really impressive.

2. Performance is really good. It's fast and snappy. It is not 90hz all the time though. I've seen it drop to 60hz in Snapchat and YouTube Vanced. It stays on 60Hz even when I open PiP mode of YouTube.

3. Fingerprint works most of the time. It sometimes fails and refuses to open my phone with the correct finger. I just switch the finger or wait for a few seconds before trying again for it to work. Fingerprint just needs a little bit more tweaking and it will be as good as OOS or even better.

4. I have not found a lot of bugs on this, haven't had any crashes either. I have stated on bug with the refresh rate above. One more thing I have noticed is that when on battery saver mode, the clock and notifications in AOD disappear but the fingerprint prompt stays even though FOD is disabled at that particular time.
One more issue is that the charging time is displayed wrong. It's either 16/17h to full or 1min to full.

5. Just a small request from me. I know Pixel Experience is set to be minimalistic, is it possible to add themed icons for third party apps as well? It would really look good imo.

6. It comes with Gcam go which is really rudimentary. I got Greatness Gcam with Fury config and It works well. Not all cameras work tho. Front wide crashes the app repeatedly, back wide also crashes the app but when reopened will work. The app crashes when switching between wide and normal but on reopening it will be on the camera you opened last. If possible, OOS camera will be a bliss for this ROM.

7. Alert Slider UI is missing, please implement it.

8. Volume slider is on the wrong side.

When will Pixel Experience Plus launch? I'm waiting for it so I can move to that. I've been reading about it online and how it has better features. I'd recommend this ROM over Pixy because of the much better battery life right now.
Nice review, I'd ask you to try the Octavi OS rom, coz it has a ton more features and is smooth and snappy. Battery life is excellent too about 8hrs on my usage, use that and you can maybe list down the features that you'd like to see from that in pixel experience plus.

PS: the rom is available in the ROMs, recoveries thread.

Reactions: mrjellee

mrjellee

May 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Nice review, I'd ask you to try the Octavi OS rom, coz it has a ton more features and is smooth and snappy. Battery life is excellent too about 8hrs on my usage, use that and you can maybe list down the features that you'd like to see from that in pixel experience plus.

PS: the rom is available in the ROMs, recoveries thread.

I want to check out Octavi OS but it takes too long to set up a new rom again and again with all data. When Pixel Experience Plus comes out, I'm gonna wipe my phone again so I'll be sure to check it out at that time! Thank you for recommending it!

Reactions: Dantespalette

OPNord

Jan 25, 2022
I just wanted to know that would we get widevine L1 support for Nord in the next update as Google released widevine L1 support for their 6 series. I don't know how it works to be honest, but I saw somewhere that usually it'll support if it passes safety net.

Reactions: mrjellee

kevstv

May 17, 2007
London
Does anyone know if there is an ETA on the Google pay fix? I love this ROM but I use gpay daily. Thanks

Top Liked Posts