[ROM][OFFICIAL][14] LineageOS 21.0 for LG V30 all variants (joan)

Search This thread

lifehackerhansol

Cobra11Murderer

Oct 18, 2011
Mineral Wells
LG V30
@Osprey00 Thanks for the suggestion its been so long since ive updated this phone.. mindthegapps and nikgapps I didnt even know about... Originally when I went to install this I used mindthegapps but that didnt work..

Nikgapps however did I appreciate it your the first member Ive seen say it personally.. but either way its working thanks again brought new life to the backup device

Reactions: Osprey00

mmmzon

Apr 16, 2020
Simpler instructions(?):
- H932: unlock bootloader here: https://xdaforums.com/t/3842550/

After bootloader unlock, do something to update to stock Pie first, be it LG UP or TWRP zip. KDZ seems to be more stable, however. Do NOT update recovery when doing this, and immediately reboot to recovery afterwards.

Then literally just go install the ROM in a recovery of your choice. LineageOS recovery strongly recommended as shown in the guide.

Has anybody actually tested these instructions? I have been trying to follow them to the letter for a few days now, with no success.

mmmzon

Apr 16, 2020
so exactly what isn't working?
Thanks for coming back. I managed to downgrade the code to 10d and (I think) load 10h LAF. The part I do not seem to be able to bypass is Step 2 in the instructions, i.e., https://xdaforums.com/t/root-h932-lafploit-1-5-up-to-v20a.3842550/#post-77672203 (lafsploit). I follow the instructions, load twrp.img into the recovery partition, and then do the following
  • Power off your phone
  • Hold vol down + power.
  • When the LG logo appears, immediately release power (and ONLY power) and then immediately hold power again until you get the the factory reset screen.
    You never let go of vol down until the factory reset screen appears. Once it appears, you can release both buttons.
  • Choose yes twice by using the vol down key and power to select, this allegedly factory resets the phone.
Per instructions, the phone should boot into TWRP recovery, but all I get is stock loader with TMobile logo, and no sign of TWRP. Perhaps I am using a wrong version, but I downloaded what was linked in the thread, i.e., https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657598561.

Any help would be really appreciated. I spent already probably close to 3 days trying different TWRP versions, combinations, did the whole LAF load to 10h again, nothing, no way to move past that. I clearly am missing something, just not clear what.

Just to add, this is what I get when I complete factory reset and the phone refuses to boot

AMWts8BSNn79DZQNyZk1T0HYp4sq80DMu-o5PZUnY-27m_hNA3n4-8EjGenx1YxJtwNSz0kVhC6UmiWPPChAFc1HBnrRnvNrU6ylYJMjbTLAByRwF7OajSSPpydAg5ycuCu8RYDivioizFpzzUkciMgrjcliCGSGWOKGKHjD1wJwA7NJHx8HyoHo4xpAJ9dnXqaljx2KKS6MFytDet8WI01DAZmWvc90GjYpd1pSEmt7gNKfpznOTG-7eCtxKnuZ58aA2O_E4zTJCeg3J62tn0DRNtbOfWjZJE7zI5oKGYx4i2uXEYZimTtUEvFoSGZkEYDW_oLD19_Uarz9WDVfN73rmvAM9LxRfwcHia0fvWsJlAGfRYqcQ8duHKI2TngR6r8wB-vH0tCxCZtgRQFOj1UNpVDBPSKfILEaU8NUAdnznAY2vSojZpcglU_3jr6uYDcHUmSLy89Si_pFt7XTPQZkRwUHqsM1Z41JSezjld-R5mq0ApDIFgznkViKp35ybWrTEaJLszp4vrVSIsfFBPAYVqVe32XH7O9KYHLf-druG46NL3pmRfBYQUi3Hq8q9gNkeEpYx_r-N14MS12k5hrdGYmsMBhV14lFEbI_rJ6T0S7ctmg37NkQ86YTyE4_KnbRdS7qYhhLMYg8f69821mMBMRYllu8je-qGy-MR2dITbwVxXd6L5u13HHJxxXHVgCANSQgvLFKm7wTkrSL2oqpZh04TIMi1mOnix2gOqgrGyhbCwJby6W3bLIHocj5KqR8jw_mKX-S1mdUCtpjuigFBV5T6ztECHLj-hJJiFebFxO9QPgDpLzQwOvAsjNu-JKLmD4GAn7qkpg5eA8kcpna6Oyhy-eJ3AH4d51-e-vyQT2cpJ_CImaneAk8glfX-pK2-j15SNJO-Y8pywC2VqtmnZboAX95XDTtM3sklNEc3Lty9QSR3rOrY9GnT83w5uho=w986-h1315-s-no

Last edited:

lifehackerhansol

Thanks for coming back. I managed to downgrade the code to 10d and (I think) load 10h LAF. The part I do not seem to be able to bypass is Step 2 in the instructions, i.e., https://xdaforums.com/t/root-h932-lafploit-1-5-up-to-v20a.3842550/#post-77672203 (lafsploit). I follow the instructions, load twrp.img into the recovery partition, and then do the following
  • Power off your phone
  • Hold vol down + power.
  • When the LG logo appears, immediately release power (and ONLY power) and then immediately hold power again until you get the the factory reset screen.
    You never let go of vol down until the factory reset screen appears. Once it appears, you can release both buttons.
  • Choose yes twice by using the vol down key and power to select, this allegedly factory resets the phone.
Per instructions, the phone should boot into TWRP recovery, but all I get is stock loader with TMobile logo, and no sign of TWRP. Perhaps I am using a wrong version, but I downloaded what was linked in the thread, i.e., https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657598561.

Any help would be really appreciated. I spent already probably close to 3 days trying different TWRP versions, combinations, did the whole LAF load to 10h again, nothing, no way to move past that. I clearly am missing something, just not clear what.

Just to add, this is what I get when I complete factory reset and the phone refuses to boot

AMWts8BSNn79DZQNyZk1T0HYp4sq80DMu-o5PZUnY-27m_hNA3n4-8EjGenx1YxJtwNSz0kVhC6UmiWPPChAFc1HBnrRnvNrU6ylYJMjbTLAByRwF7OajSSPpydAg5ycuCu8RYDivioizFpzzUkciMgrjcliCGSGWOKGKHjD1wJwA7NJHx8HyoHo4xpAJ9dnXqaljx2KKS6MFytDet8WI01DAZmWvc90GjYpd1pSEmt7gNKfpznOTG-7eCtxKnuZ58aA2O_E4zTJCeg3J62tn0DRNtbOfWjZJE7zI5oKGYx4i2uXEYZimTtUEvFoSGZkEYDW_oLD19_Uarz9WDVfN73rmvAM9LxRfwcHia0fvWsJlAGfRYqcQ8duHKI2TngR6r8wB-vH0tCxCZtgRQFOj1UNpVDBPSKfILEaU8NUAdnznAY2vSojZpcglU_3jr6uYDcHUmSLy89Si_pFt7XTPQZkRwUHqsM1Z41JSezjld-R5mq0ApDIFgznkViKp35ybWrTEaJLszp4vrVSIsfFBPAYVqVe32XH7O9KYHLf-druG46NL3pmRfBYQUi3Hq8q9gNkeEpYx_r-N14MS12k5hrdGYmsMBhV14lFEbI_rJ6T0S7ctmg37NkQ86YTyE4_KnbRdS7qYhhLMYg8f69821mMBMRYllu8je-qGy-MR2dITbwVxXd6L5u13HHJxxXHVgCANSQgvLFKm7wTkrSL2oqpZh04TIMi1mOnix2gOqgrGyhbCwJby6W3bLIHocj5KqR8jw_mKX-S1mdUCtpjuigFBV5T6ztECHLj-hJJiFebFxO9QPgDpLzQwOvAsjNu-JKLmD4GAn7qkpg5eA8kcpna6Oyhy-eJ3AH4d51-e-vyQT2cpJ_CImaneAk8glfX-pK2-j15SNJO-Y8pywC2VqtmnZboAX95XDTtM3sklNEc3Lty9QSR3rOrY9GnT83w5uho=w986-h1315-s-no
Did you enable OEM unlock in Developer Options as seen in the lafsploit guide?

It tells you to do this at the very top of that forum post.

burdell

Mar 18, 2023
You also need to unlock the bootloader from the firmware side. It's been a few weeks since I went through the process, but IIRC once you enable the debug options and can connect with adb, run "adb reboot bootloader", and once that boots, run "fastboot oem unlock".

lifehackerhansol

You also need to unlock the bootloader from the firmware side. It's been a few weeks since I went through the process, but IIRC once you enable the debug options and can connect with adb, run "adb reboot bootloader", and once that boots, run "fastboot oem unlock".
This is not true for H932.

For the other user, as I don't have an H932, I'm really uncertain what is up. You may have to ask in the lafsploit post or ask in the Telegram in OP. Seeing as other people are running the ROM on H932 fine I feel as though we just missed a step somewhere.

mmmzon

Apr 16, 2020
Curious but it actually did help, i.e., I was able to get the TWRP recovery installed and boot into it. The biggest question is what the next step is. Per instructions, the next step would be to root the phone, but I am not really in need of rooting the phone - it does not buy me anything. I would like to install LineageOS, sine there are betas for H932 and I am tired of the old Android 9 on this phone.

Do I just install the LineageOS with Gapps and then the bootloader again?

===================

ROOTING:
OK, so now you are in TWRP, we need to flash a few things or TWRP will be wiped out, and your phone will be encrypted again.

• First swipe to allow modifications
  • Choose wipe / format data / type yes
  • Choose reboot / recovery -- this will reload TWRP. Do not choose reboot / system. Make sure that when it reboots you are able to mount data without it prompting for a pin / passcode.
    If it does, then you need to format data again and reboot to recovery because you chose WIPE and not FORMAT.
  • Pick install, and browse to your SD card where you have Magisk, dm-noverity-opt-encrypt, and rctd remover
  • You can install each one individually, or you can add them all together in the queue -- it is your choice. Also, Magisk needs to be flashed first -- the order of the other two zips doesn't matter.
  • Now that they are flashed, reboot to recovery yet again just for good measure. If everything looks good, reboot to system and you should have a rooted phone.

lifehackerhansol

Curious but it actually did help, i.e., I was able to get the TWRP recovery installed and boot into it. The biggest question is what the next step is. Per instructions, the next step would be to root the phone, but I am not really in need of rooting the phone - it does not buy me anything. I would like to install LineageOS, sine there are betas for H932 and I am tired of the old Android 9 on this phone.

Do I just install the LineageOS with Gapps and then the bootloader again?

===================

ROOTING:
OK, so now you are in TWRP, we need to flash a few things or TWRP will be wiped out, and your phone will be encrypted again.

• First swipe to allow modifications
  • Choose wipe / format data / type yes
  • Choose reboot / recovery -- this will reload TWRP. Do not choose reboot / system. Make sure that when it reboots you are able to mount data without it prompting for a pin / passcode.
    If it does, then you need to format data again and reboot to recovery because you chose WIPE and not FORMAT.
  • Pick install, and browse to your SD card where you have Magisk, dm-noverity-opt-encrypt, and rctd remover
  • You can install each one individually, or you can add them all together in the queue -- it is your choice. Also, Magisk needs to be flashed first -- the order of the other two zips doesn't matter.
  • Now that they are flashed, reboot to recovery yet again just for good measure. If everything looks good, reboot to system and you should have a rooted phone.
You need to update to stock Pie first without losing recovery.

You can flash this in TWRP: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jacoas-v30-files/files/Stock Roms/H932/H93230d.zip

The above zip file already contains the verity and rctd remover thing. I would prefer if you boot to stock Pie at least once before installing LineageOS, as a final sanity check that everything works before moving to a custom ROM.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

mmmzon

Apr 16, 2020
Is it enough to just install the H93230d.zip image and boot into it? I was trying to log into my account into it, but it seems to keep on hanging with "System UI not responding" message popping all the time and then it will not let me log in with my account, asking for "owner" user details.

Frankyxda

May 29, 2018
Hi, I have a Canadian V30 H933 that has the bootloader unlocked and it's on stock Pie for H933, it was rooted in the past with a US998 ton but was updated to stock Pie later. The problem is that the USB port is broken, is there a method to flash a recovery without using a PC ? I would like to try a custom ROM like yours.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @lifehackerhansol There is a lot of changes lately for the next build ! There is sill a lot of bugs to fix ? I am using your rom every day and it seems to work fine.

Can we expect a new build tomorrow ?
    Due to the recent Quarterly Platform Refresh on Android 14 breaking quite a few devices out there, all official builds are halted. (Note this isn't LineageOS specific; it broke enough devices that most ROMs are trying to figure out the way forward.)

I have no ETA on when the next builds will start.
    2okpze5-png.5798241

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

* Your warranty is now void.
    (But I mean it's probably already void at this point... bleh.)

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device,
    * WE will laugh at you.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    • If you would like to contribute to the upstream LineageOS project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
    • If you would like to contribute to LineageOS for this device, please see the source code listed below.
    Instructions :
    Downloads :

Device source code:
    V30 development (including other ROMs) usually happens over at Telegram: https://t.me/LGEV30.
    • You can still use this thread for bug reports.
    Credits:
    • @SGCMarkus for all of the work with the V30 over the years
      • also a co-developer!
    • Slowhy (Android 12 maintenance)
    • @Log1cs for various suggestions, advice with the Snapdragon 835 and by definition our device
    • LineageOS team
    • @xxseva44 and @AShiningRay for Quad DAC panel updates and new features that aren't even present on stock!
      • Did you know they also maintain the LG G5/G6/V20 devices as well?
    Starting with next build (build ETA sometime this week), we are LineageOS 21.

New updates include:
    - Android 14
    - h932 and joan has been merged into joan. For all T-Mobile owners, please install the joan builds from now on.
    We're back to being unified, baby!
    - New Quad DAC features, courtesy of research by @xxseva44 and @AShiningRay!
    - Whatever else mentioned in https://lineageos.org/Changelog-28/

Thank you for continuing to use LineageOS.
    Hello everyone, it's been a while! I'm still kickin with this phone.

I'm happy to say that camera appears to have been fixed for next week's build. While I can't give a full guarantee, my testing has been fine, and various users over at Telegram have also reported that camera is now functioning after running a few tests with us.

I've updated the OP with the dates for next week's build. Stay tuned, happy hacking, do keep the issue reports flowing. (I did read the other issues, but I'm really not reproducing it with my device. Sorry...)

For other devs:
    Simpler(?) instructions:
    - H932: unlock bootloader here: https://xdaforums.com/t/3842550/
    - All others: unlock bootloader here: https://xdaforums.com/t/3790500/page-10#post-76584629
    - For all other devices, I highly recommend staying on US998/H930/H930DS/V300K firmware.

After bootloader unlock, do something to update to stock Pie first, be it LG UP or TWRP zip. KDZ seems to be more stable, however. Do NOT update recovery when doing this, and immediately reboot to recovery afterwards.

Then literally just go install the ROM in a recovery of your choice. LineageOS recovery strongly recommended as shown in the guide.
    Official build for NON-H932 devices (a.k.a. every other V30) is up!

Please note the following:
    • TWRP will work with no issues, but it may invalidate you from bug reports. I'll take what I can, though.
    • Region changing to a fastboot-capable region is HIGHLY recommended at this point (H930 for EU users, H930DS for dual-sim users, US998 for NA users, V300K for Korean model devices)
    • This build DOES NOT WORK ON H932 (T-Mobile) devices.
      • A separate build named h932 will appear in the following week.
      • Do not try to flash the joan build on T-Mobile devices, or you will need to flash back to stock ROM and redo lafsploit, and I'm sure no one wants to go through that. I already made someone accidentally do that and I really hope that was the last time it'll ever happen.