• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][OFFICIAL][17/09][7.1.2] VertexOS Carbide v3.6 (Blueborne)

vibhoothiiaanand

Apr 28, 2015
Calicut
So VertexOS Carbide 3.6 is ready
This is mainly for the blue borne bluetooth vulnerability FIX,for those who dont know what is blue borne this is a simple explanation of issue by my friend:
"Simply put, BlueBorne is an attack vector that can allow cyber criminals to use Bluetooth connections to silently take control of targeted devices without any action whatsoever on part of the victim. What’s really disconcerting is that for a device to be compromised, it doesn’t have to be paired to the attacker’s device, nor does it even need to be set to ‘discoverable’ mode. As many as eight separate zero-day vulnerabilities (including four critical ones) can be used to hack into most Bluetooth devices in use today, irrespective of the operating system."
So with this update this issue is FIXED
- Few kernel improvements
- Latest CAF merges
-September security Patch
- Minor improvements.
For downloads Check #2
Enjoy

Last edited:

Rabbit46

Sep 13, 2016
LTE works great for me on this ROM. If most of the ROMs that you tried had this network issue than Contact your network operator, it might be a fault from their side.
Hey but when I am on stock rom oxygen os 3.6.0
My LTE works full fine.
If I use any other rom there are all ways network drop issue!

I have tired all other ways to get rid of the network drop nothing works!

And I'm using idea and Vodafone !

tusar8

Mar 30, 2017
Guwahati
Hey but when I am on stock rom oxygen os 3.6.0
My LTE works full fine.
If I use any other rom there are all ways network drop issue!

I have tired all other ways to get rid of the network drop nothing works!

And I'm using idea and Vodafone !
I don't know if its the app or some junk files in your phone. But many users have reported that this problem was caused due to hike messenger and google contacts. I've used them both but haven't faced the issue. If you not using these 2 apps then try formatting the phone completely(including internal storage).

Last edited:

Rabbit46

Sep 13, 2016
I don't if its the app or some junk files in your phone. But many users have reported that this problem was caused due to hike messenger and google contacts. I've used them both but haven't faced the issue. If you not using these 2 apps then try formatting the phone completely(including internal storage).
Yes sir I have tried those methods! And Ill try again with a complete format...

Thank for the update !

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Try OctOS, there are no n/w drops & LTE works fine. In fact its the only ROM with no n/w drops.

https://www.teamoctos.com/download/oct-14.1/oneplus2/OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170811-1922-oneplus2.zip
Ok I'll try this rom too.
With complete clean flash!

Thanks !

Reactions: tusar8

latestduo

Nov 18, 2014
Hello does this roms LTE is stable?
I have all most tried all roms and didn't find stable LTE.

Thanks in advance
I can confidently say that this rom hasn't had a single network drop since I started using it.
It should be one of the best roms for network reception because its CAF based.

Reactions: tusar8

Batarfimoh

Apr 26, 2017
WiFi connected but no internet

I flashed the ROM in china, WiFi show x and says WiFi connected, no internet? Then, i flashed it in Saudi Arabia not showing problem. OOS, not having this problem in China.
Anyone have an idea?

cruel91

Jan 8, 2012
com.android.phone keeps force closing constantly and after that the signal is lost . I clean flash along with pico gapps and magisk 14. Please see the logs in the attachment

Attachments

Last edited:

ayush4193

Sep 10, 2017
Very poor battery life

I am getting very poor battery life with this rom. Is anyone else facing the same issue? And how to resolve it because otherwise the rom is perfect i like it very much.

ayush4193

Sep 10, 2017
Are you using any battery saving app? If yes, remove all those, it only increases consumption.
No, I am not using any battery saver apps. Right now I am getting only 12 hours of backup with just 3 hours SOT. Please help, suggest if I should flash any other ROM because my main motto to go custom was to increase battery backup only.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Are you using any battery saving app? If yes, remove all those, it only increases consumption.
No, I am not using any of those apps. I am only getting 12 hours of backup with just 3 hours of SOT. Please help or suggest any other ROM with good battery backup.

tusar8

Mar 30, 2017
Guwahati
No, I am not using any battery saver apps. Right now I am getting only 12 hours of backup with just 3 hours SOT. Please help, suggest if I should flash any other ROM because my main motto to go custom was to increase battery backup only.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

No, I am not using any of those apps. I am only getting 12 hours of backup with just 3 hours of SOT. Please help or suggest any other ROM with good battery backup.
1st of all this ROM focuses on perfect balance in between performance and battery. I get 4hrs on heavy usage and 5hrs on light to moderate. You should probably remove all the unnecessary apps that you don't use.

You can also try
1) Go to settings > apps > launcher3 > storage > clear data.
2) boot into twrp and clear cache and dalvik cache

Reactions: ayush4193

latestduo

Nov 18, 2014
com.android.phone keeps force closing constantly and after that the signal is lost . I clean flash along with pico gapps and magisk 14. Please see the logs in the attachment
Did you try clearing Dialer cache and data?
Are you using an older version of the Gapps ?
Try redownloading a newer one from opengapps.org
Never had this issue.