• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official 2.2 (HTC 2.09 and 2.10): busybox, A2SD+, TUN, EXT4, Undervolt, SYSRW

Search This thread

lordlaurin

Jul 20, 2010
My SD cards gets corrupted after using "Disk mode" to connect my Desire to the PC. It already happened twice. :( The only way to repair the SD card is to format it. :(

Many others also have this problem:
h t t p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747302

ianm2k4

May 31, 2010
Put this on last night and no problems. One question though is

Has OpenVPN replaced the VPN in froyo so using the froyo VPN is actually using OpenVPN or is it an app I should see because I don't see anything new?

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I cant see any A2SD icon in my 'All Apps'

Are ALL aps downloaded/installed on this rom 'automatically' put onto the EXT3 partition?

How do I manually configure/ choose/ change the location of the app installation path?

If you have an Ext3 partition, then all apps will automatically install to SD. However, not ALL the code in an app installs to SD, just most of it.
Therefore your free internal memory will still reduce with each app install. This is not a fault.

The Froyo Apps Manager does not recognise the A2SD+ apps fully. Froyo native A2SD uses the FAT32 partition and A2SD+ uses Ext2/3. As long as your internal memory starts off at @ 140MB free upon first reboot after flashing, then A2SD+ is working and using Ext3 automatically.

With A2SD+ (Ext3) its sometimes not required/advisable to change the default app location, so best leave well alone.

Last edited:

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
My SD cards gets corrupted after using "Disk mode" to connect my Desire to the PC. It already happened twice. :( The only way to repair the SD card is to format it. :(

Many others also have this problem:
h t t p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747302

So far I have not experience this, but it does seem to be affecting quote a few people. Your only really have 2 options:
1. Put up with this until someone discovers the cause (it never happened with any other Froyo ROMs AFAIK)
2. Repartition without Ext3 and use the built-in froyo A2SD (which needs all apps re-compiled to support SD)

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
anyone having problem with the video recording?? When i try to record the program just hang and restart my phone. Any solution? Thanks..

You MUST flash the radio image to 5.09.xxxxxx. Did you do this before or after flashing the main ROM? (it doesn't matter which one is done first)
The radio image has nothing to do with FM radio BTW, it's more like a hardware drivers upgrade
- hence things like the camera crash if you don't upgrade radio!

Latest radio file is available on the OP on page 1 of this thread. Be advised the radio upgrade reboots the phone 2 times and takes up to 5 mins to install.
Do not remove the battery during this time or you may brick your handset.

Finally, if you did upgrade the radio, did you do a full wipe and did you also wipe all the caches including Davlik cache? (Done in recovery mode)

Last edited:

yongchoon

Sep 13, 2006
You MUST flash the radio image to 5.09.xxxxxx. Did you do this before or after flashing the main ROM? (it doesn't matter which one is done first)
The radio image has nothing to do with FM radio BTW, it's more like a hardware drivers upgrade
- hence things like the camera crash if you don't upgrade radio!

Latest radio file is available on the OP on page 1 of this thread. Be advised the radio upgrade reboots the phone 2 times and takes up to 5 mins to install.
Do not remove the battery during this time or you may brick your handset.

Finally, if you did upgrade the radio, did you do a full wipe and did you also wipe all the caches including Davlik cache? (Done in recovery mode)

Hello, thanks for the advice. I Tried to reflash the radio rom and now everythings works fine. Thanks.. :D

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just spent ages flashing and setting this ROM up but now getting "Sim Card changed" error on reboot and force close when selecting it?? :(

Have you changed from another custom Rom that already used ext partition and a2sd? The davlik cache is encrypted and linked to one sim card and does not match the new Rom keys.

Suggest you boot into recovery mode and do a full wipe, including all caches, especially Davlik...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

dneill2006

May 25, 2010
Lisburn
Have you changed from another custom Rom that already used ext partition and a2sd? The davlik cache is encrypted and linked to one sim card and does not match the new Rom keys.

Suggest you boot into recovery mode and do a full wipe, including all caches, especially Davlik...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

I always do full wipe when changing ROMs, but that wasn't the problem.

Got it sorted, was something with the APN settings, resetting to default sorted it :)

cybermessiah

Jul 6, 2010
Panciao City Taipei County
I have to say that this rom is great... its very fast and clean.

All is working perfectly and just used 'root explorer' to check the EXT3... its definitely installing to there.

A question here... I was using Titanium backup to restore some apps and I accidentally opened a stock-installed app.

I saw the option to uninstall and clicked it and it gave me a warning that it is a system app and may cause system instability blah blah if its uninstalled.

I heeded the warning and didn't uninstall... but it got me wondering if I can use this method [Titanium Backup] to uninstall stock apps that I know are safe to remove?

Has anyone tried and safely succeeded in using the uninstall function of Titanium Backup to remove stock-appz from this particular rom?

Cheers.:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all :)

I decided to give you an update for the apparently much-used 2.09 ROM :)

This is fully rooted, kept completely stock with the following small mods,
    mostly for powersaving and ease-of-use.

The following additions were made:

- Busybox + Latest su and SuperUser.apk.

- Still has A2SD+, a bit cleaner implementation this time. (Fully depends on whether or not you create an EXT partition, which can be EXT2/3 or 4.)

- OpenVPN and TUN

- Wifi module edited to make sure it never goes into standby.

- Symlinked /data/local/bootanimation.zip for easy bootanimation replacements.

- Cpufreq_interactive governor as default. This is slightly better than ondemand.

- Default undervolting by 75mV-100mV -> Major powersaving.

- UnionFS-FUSE overlay filesystem for /system. This makes /system writeable, and therefore allows you to use stuff like MetaMorph.

Thanks to tgreer for hosting my stuff! ;)

Make sure you pick the correct radio to go with these two ROMs. It's a bad idea to use an older ROM with a newer radio, or vice-versa, seeing as these ROMs have updated RILs.

*updated* HTC 2.10 ROM
    32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 radio (recommended for 2.10 - new RIL)

Older HTC 2.09 ROM
    32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 radio (recommended for 2.09)