• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official 2.2 (HTC 2.09 and 2.10): busybox, A2SD+, TUN, EXT4, Undervolt, SYSRW

Search This thread

ianm2k4

May 31, 2010
The Car Panel is missing from my ROM ... Can anyone post whats required to put it back?

No need sorted it. Attached is update zip file for anyone that wants it.

Attachments

• HtcCarPanel.zip
    427.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Myshkinbob

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 9, 2010
This looks like an excellent rom, a perfect blend of the stock HTC 2.2 and some essential modules and utilities.

I had a poke around in the lib/modules/ folder and i couldn't see any CIFS support? I'm also curious if the Sony SLCD driver is compiled into the kernel?

Are either supported? If not, would you take a bribe to add support for them, or point me in the direction of how to compile my own kernel (source etc).

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Muyfa666

Jun 16, 2010
Read post#1 on thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7225699&postcount=297
Use framework-res_HTC_2.2_color-signed.zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=371775&d=1280778030

VPN is for making a secure connection to another device, over the internet. Mostly used for connecting to a server or PC at your employer. If you don't plan to use this, then simply ignore the function.

Awesome.

Two more questions:

1. What is busybox?

2. Should I use EXT3 or EXT4? What's the difference?

Last edited:

hemantrps

Mar 4, 2009
London
Busybox and Ext Description

What is Busybox?
The busybox executable can act like many different programs depending on the name used to invoke it. Normal practice is to create a bunch of symlinks pointing to the busybox binary, each of which triggers a different busybox function.

In simple words, it enables few strictly restricted commands and functions for programs to run, which is good for taking advantage of rooted device.

If you are not interested in running rooted apps or running busybox commands, then you can ignore it. But having it is a benifit.

Difference between Ext3 and Ext4

Benifits of Ext4 are:

* faster timestamping
* faster file system checking
* journaling checksums
* extents (basically automatic space allocation to avoid fragmentation)

And the downsides, as they currently stand are:

* Vastly reduced reliability in the event of a crash (particularly pertinent when installing an alpha/beta OS where you expect crashes to happen).
* Journal commit latencies under perfectly reasonable disk loads reaching the point of unusable.

(An example of this would be downloading various (legal) video torrents while trying to also watch one. The journal commit will often cause your video to skip. Especially the longer you make it.)

As I just said in another thread, as kernel development continues, the ext4 filesystem becomes less and less attractive. Use ext3 for now.

You probably wouldn't notice the benefits between ext3 and ext4 in most cases so, for the moment, it's best to stick with ext3.

Hope you got the answer...

Cheers,
Hemant

Awesome.

Two more questions:

1. What is busybox?

2. Should I use EXT3 or EXT4? What's the difference?

pascanu

Jan 22, 2009
Tg. Mures
I saw the option to uninstall and clicked it and it gave me a warning that it is a system app and may cause system instability blah blah if its uninstalled.

I heeded the warning and didn't uninstall... but it got me wondering if I can use this method [Titanium Backup] to uninstall stock apps that I know are safe to remove?

Has anyone tried and safely succeeded in using the uninstall function of Titanium Backup to remove stock-appz from this particular rom?

Cheers.:D

Unistalling stock apps doesn't work, phone reboots. But you don't need to unistall them, just use the freeze option, works just as fine. I froze all the HTC "bloatware" that I don't use (peep, stocks, FB and so on) -> boot time has reduced dramatically and battery has improved. Try it, you'll love it!

Handl3vogn

May 30, 2010
anyone have this problem? I live in norwegian and we use 8 digits numbers. like 99887766, but in my contacts app numbers are like these when i send a vcard file from any phone. 998-877-66 can anyone help me fix them back just clean 8 digits?

Muyfa666

Jun 16, 2010
Unistalling stock apps doesn't work, phone reboots. But you don't need to unistall them, just use the freeze option, works just as fine. I froze all the HTC "bloatware" that I don't use (peep, stocks, FB and so on) -> boot time has reduced dramatically and battery has improved. Try it, you'll love it!

How do you "freeze" a app? Sounds interesting.

IceBone

Mar 4, 2009
What is Busybox?
The busybox executable can act like many different programs depending on the name used to invoke it. Normal practice is to create a bunch of symlinks pointing to the busybox binary, each of which triggers a different busybox function.

In simple words, it enables few strictly restricted commands and functions for programs to run, which is good for taking advantage of rooted device.

If you are not interested in running rooted apps or running busybox commands, then you can ignore it. But having it is a benifit.

That... I don't even... what? :confused:

FloHimself

May 27, 2010

Can you compile a list which apps belong together and are save to freeze?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all :)

I decided to give you an update for the apparently much-used 2.09 ROM :)

This is fully rooted, kept completely stock with the following small mods,
    mostly for powersaving and ease-of-use.

The following additions were made:

- Busybox + Latest su and SuperUser.apk.

- Still has A2SD+, a bit cleaner implementation this time. (Fully depends on whether or not you create an EXT partition, which can be EXT2/3 or 4.)

- OpenVPN and TUN

- Wifi module edited to make sure it never goes into standby.

- Symlinked /data/local/bootanimation.zip for easy bootanimation replacements.

- Cpufreq_interactive governor as default. This is slightly better than ondemand.

- Default undervolting by 75mV-100mV -> Major powersaving.

- UnionFS-FUSE overlay filesystem for /system. This makes /system writeable, and therefore allows you to use stuff like MetaMorph.

Thanks to tgreer for hosting my stuff! ;)

Make sure you pick the correct radio to go with these two ROMs. It's a bad idea to use an older ROM with a newer radio, or vice-versa, seeing as these ROMs have updated RILs.

*updated* HTC 2.10 ROM
    32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 radio (recommended for 2.10 - new RIL)

Older HTC 2.09 ROM
    32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 radio (recommended for 2.09)