• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official 2.2 (HTC 2.09 and 2.10): busybox, A2SD+, TUN, EXT4, Undervolt, SYSRW

Search This thread

gbil

May 19, 2008
Then you do not use your phone mate and should get a Nokia 3210. No Rom available has that battery life if you use a desire how its meant to be used...

Haha, I use my Desire to browse the internet via 3G, update facebook&twitter and make quite some calls with a few sms texts and after 24 hours I am at 71%.

The only power hungry feature I found is BT and that is why I keep it disabled when not using it.

pascanu

Jan 22, 2009
Tg. Mures
can you use google search?
Found in less than two minutes
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

:D Yes, Google is your friend.

However, the link you provided is for Vanilla (non-Sense) Android.
Here's what I froze:
[STOCKS] com.htc.dcs.service.stock
Facebook
Facebook for HTC Sense
Flickr
Footprints
Footprints Widget
Friend Stream
Friend Stream Widget
News
News and Weather
News Widget
Peep
RSS Reader
Stocks
Stocks Widget
Twitter widget
It's easier to find them if you filter only System apps.
Feel free to add other apps to the list. You can safely try others and if you run into trouble you can just defrost them.

Last edited:

luboz

Mar 23, 2009
OpenVPN

OpenVPN is included, but is there somebody who try it with success?

Up to now I don't find any Desire Froyo ROM where is OpenVPN working.
All seems to be good (no error message when I run openvpn on console, existing tun0 interface with correct IPs, correct routes,), but I'm not able to reach (or ping) devices in openvpn network.

Therefore I downgrade back to 2.1 :(
(On 2.1 is OpenVPN working with same .ovpn config files)

CharlieCharlie24

Apr 9, 2010
London
10/10 for this Rom.

Am one of the poor souls that am on Vodafone and having upgraded to their latest firmware thinking it maybe 2.2. Was stuck on HBoot 0.83 and couldn't find a way to downgrade. So simply rooted with UnRevoked3 and installed this Rom.

Working like a charm and super fast. Need to test the battery properly but so far not noticed any big difference either way.

Keep up the good work!

Muyfa666

Jun 16, 2010
Stocks Widget. It was a typo, corrected now.
Strange that you don't have them, are you sure we have the same ROM?! (check the thread we are in!)

I have everything from your list except for [STOCKS] com.htc.dcs.service.stock.

The phone is not set to english thou, so it may have a different name in my system. Many other apps from the list had different names.

EDIT: Just found. I had to set the filter to "All" for it to appear. :)

FloHimself

May 27, 2010

All seems to be good (no error message when I run openvpn on console, existing tun0 interface with correct IPs, correct routes,), but I'm not able to reach (or ping) devices in openvpn network.

can you use google search?
Found in less than two minutes

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673764&page=3

jasonhuintl

May 30, 2006

my openvpn is ok on this 2.2 rom.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

ianm2k4

May 31, 2010
Why would you want OpenVPN when Froyo has a built in VPN.

How do you use OpenVPN i.e. set it up as opposed to using the Froyo one (which I assume is the one in Settings > Wireless & networks)

Just asking?

muken

Jun 25, 2010

I also had this problem, but found out that 2.2 uses advanced routing. So it seems like it uses different routing tables depending if you use 3G or Wifi.

What happened for me was that OpenVPN added the routes in the main routing table, but that table was not used since I only use 3G.

I did the following just to test my theory: adb shell ip rule add to 0.0.0.0/0 table main

This makes all traffic to be routed using the main routing table.

It may also be possible to delete the rule for gprs, but I have not tried that.

adb shell ip rule del table gprs

Hope this helps!

aljwatson69

Mar 23, 2009
Has anyone had issues with connecting to a Bluetooth headset device on this ROM? Tried connecting to my TomTom 720 for the first time and it won't connect and use it as a hands free device.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

luboz

Mar 23, 2009
I also had this problem, but found out that 2.2 uses advanced routing. So it seems like it uses different routing tables depending if you use 3G or Wifi.

What happened for me was that OpenVPN added the routes in the main routing table, but that table was not used since I only use 3G.
Hope this helps!

Yes, this is problem!
Thank you very much. Also thanks to FloHimself and others.

I need to use OpenVPN becouse with it I connecting to servers using openvpn.

More about it I found now there:
Code:
code.google.com/p/android-openvpn-settings/issues/detail?id=35

Temporary I replace bb link with directory, where I create link ifconfig to ../busybox and where I create route wrapper.
Wraper delte wifi and gprs routing tables.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/ip rule del table gprs
/system/bin/ip rule del table wifi
exec /system/xbin/route "[email protected]"

Last edited:

kartikb

Jun 30, 2010
Auckland
I'm just a bit confused over here, I have created an ext partition on my sd card and everything, but whenever I install any apps, it does install but at the same time also decreases a bit of internal storage. How do I find out whether my apps are being installed on the ext partition of my sd card or not. Just one more thing, I was reading around through the forum, it said that if you have an ext partition, then you won't lose any apps while you connect the phone to the pc as a removable drive, but in my case, all my installed apps go away untill I unmount the sd card...

It would be great if someone could help me out with this issue, cheers...

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I'm just a bit confused over here, I have created an ext partition on my sd card and everything, but whenever I install any apps, it does install but at the same time also decreases a bit of internal storage. How do I find out whether my apps are being installed on the ext partition of my sd card or not. Just one more thing, I was reading around through the forum, it said that if you have an ext partition, then you won't lose any apps while you connect the phone to the pc as a removable drive, but in my case, all my installed apps go away untill I unmount the sd card...

It would be great if someone could help me out with this issue, cheers...

Did you previously use the default Froyo A2SD and move your apps to SD?
If you did you need to move them back to Phone, and set install location back to Auto.

kartikb

Jun 30, 2010
Auckland
Did you previously use the default Froyo A2SD and move your apps to SD?
If you did you need to move them back to Phone, and set install location back to Auto.
hey Klutsh, I tried what you told me and I'm not too sure if it is actually working or not since the internal memory on the phone decreased after i installed a few applications or is that normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all :)

I decided to give you an update for the apparently much-used 2.09 ROM :)

This is fully rooted, kept completely stock with the following small mods,
    mostly for powersaving and ease-of-use.

The following additions were made:

- Busybox + Latest su and SuperUser.apk.

- Still has A2SD+, a bit cleaner implementation this time. (Fully depends on whether or not you create an EXT partition, which can be EXT2/3 or 4.)

- OpenVPN and TUN

- Wifi module edited to make sure it never goes into standby.

- Symlinked /data/local/bootanimation.zip for easy bootanimation replacements.

- Cpufreq_interactive governor as default. This is slightly better than ondemand.

- Default undervolting by 75mV-100mV -> Major powersaving.

- UnionFS-FUSE overlay filesystem for /system. This makes /system writeable, and therefore allows you to use stuff like MetaMorph.

Thanks to tgreer for hosting my stuff! ;)

Make sure you pick the correct radio to go with these two ROMs. It's a bad idea to use an older ROM with a newer radio, or vice-versa, seeing as these ROMs have updated RILs.

*updated* HTC 2.10 ROM
    32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 radio (recommended for 2.10 - new RIL)

Older HTC 2.09 ROM
    32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 radio (recommended for 2.09)