[ROM] Official 2.2 (HTC 2.09 and 2.10): busybox, A2SD+, TUN, EXT4, Undervolt, SYSRW

Search This thread

Memphis007

Nov 27, 2008
this rom looks perfect for me..... if the dev still reads these comments now we have s-off please could we get a version of this rom thats deodexed with all the symlinks removed and the file overlay removed also :D

+1

This ROM is great i'm using it since it's available, very stable, very fast, thank you so much !:D

ngodfriedt

May 18, 2010
Amsterdam
I'm using this ROM for 2 days now, but it sometimes reboots when I install or update an app. Anybody else has this problem or knows a solution?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

d'odders

Jun 27, 2009
hi

how to use this rom?

my phone info: htc desire
android version 2.2
baseband version: 32.44.00.32U_5.09.30_2
software number: 2.13.707.1

anyone have clear info on how to use this?

thanks

irishdroid

Jun 29, 2010
I know I should probably scour the forums for answers to this question, but here goes anyway:
I'm currently using the original version of this rom, and extremely happy with it. My one problem is the lack of storage space, and I want to make use of the old A2SD+ to be able to install more apps. I've decided to install the latest 2.10 version of this rom, and I have the radio and rom downloaded and ready for installation. I want to do a clean install, and I've saved anything I want off the SD card already, so I'm ready to wipe. I have clockworkmod recovery installed.
Just want to know the precise order in which I need to install the new rom in order to have A2SD+ activated. I know I need to partition the SD but not sure at which point this should be done.

Would appreciate knowing the order of the steps I need to take now- last thing I want to do is brick it.
Thanks folks!

Memphis007

Nov 27, 2008
Create sd-ext partition on your SD Card
Install new radio
Do a full wipe via recovery
Flash the new ROM
Enjoy !

Cyanoid

Oct 18, 2010
SOLVED (Ignore! Did a wipe and a reflash. All is good, so far. Radio ver. correct, A2SD showing up. Leaving orig. message, for posterity's sake).

Ignore, problem solved.:

===================================================================

Could I get some installation advice? Not sure if I'm doing this right.

- I prepared my Desire for the A2SD ver. of Teppic's rom by formating an ext 3 part via ROM Manager (though I already had such a partition, I wanted to start fresh). Also wiped everything in recovery, including the SD card.
- I have ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 recovery installed. Through that, I flashed the int. version of this ROM, but it rebooted very quickly, so it didn't seem right. I then got a black Android screen (flashing letters back and forth). Didn't budge for 20 minutes though, so I pulled the battery and rebooted.
- I tried again, taking sig verification off. That did the trick, and I saw the files being installed. This time efore rebooting, I figured maybe some key things should be installed first. So I flashed the radio (either sig on or off, don't recall), and that completed. Then I flashed the A2SD+ zip. But I had to take sig verification off, even though it says it was a signed file, because it wouldn't flash with it on. Then I rebooted after flashing those 3 things.

On reboot, no more black Android screen. Got the stock HTC "quietly brilliant" screen instead. Except it's just looping itself, after writing out "quietly brilliant". It's been doing this 20 min. or so. So I'm not sure if something's happening, or it's an endless boot loop. When is it safe to pull the battery and assume it's crackered? If it is, what's the next step? :confused:

Last edited:

Domsdey

Jun 6, 2010
SOLVED (Ignore! Did a wipe and a reflash. All is good, so far. Radio ver. correct, A2SD showing up. Leaving orig. message, for posterity's sake).

Ignore, problem solved.:

===================================================================

Could I get some installation advice? Not sure if I'm doing this right.

- I prepared my Desire for the A2SD ver. of Teppic's rom by formating an ext 3 part via ROM Manager (though I already had such a partition, I wanted to start fresh). Also wiped everything in recovery, including the SD card.
- I have ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 recovery installed. Through that, I flashed the int. version of this ROM, but it rebooted very quickly, so it didn't seem right. I then got a black Android screen (flashing letters back and forth). Didn't budge for 20 minutes though, so I pulled the battery and rebooted.
- I tried again, taking sig verification off. That did the trick, and I saw the files being installed. This time efore rebooting, I figured maybe some key things should be installed first. So I flashed the radio (either sig on or off, don't recall), and that completed. Then I flashed the A2SD+ zip. But I had to take sig verification off, even though it says it was a signed file, because it wouldn't flash with it on. Then I rebooted after flashing those 3 things.

On reboot, no more black Android screen. Got the stock HTC "quietly brilliant" screen instead. Except it's just looping itself, after writing out "quietly brilliant". It's been doing this 20 min. or so. So I'm not sure if something's happening, or it's an endless boot loop. When is it safe to pull the battery and assume it's crackered? If it is, what's the next step? :confused:
I am having the same problem, boot loop but without the "quietly brilliant" sign. I am trying to wipe and flash again for the 3rd time currently, and I don't think this will work for me. Any other solutions?

EDIT: Problem stays the same after the last rewipe and reflash. Any ideas how to fix this? I am feeling terrible, like a million people tryed this thing and succeeded, except for me..

Last edited:

Cyanoid

Oct 18, 2010
I am having the same problem, boot loop but without the "quietly brilliant" sign. I am trying to wipe and flash again for the 3rd time currently, and I don't think this will work for me. Any other solutions?

EDIT: Problem stays the same after the last rewipe and reflash. Any ideas how to fix this? I am feeling terrible, like a million people tryed this thing and succeeded, except for me..

Don't feel bad. There are *plenty* of people that quiche their mobile phones by trying to hack them. Oh. That probably didn't help. :eek: I am not sure what you're seeing on your screen, if not the HTC boot animation. If its still booting up, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. Did you pull the battery? Did you do a nandroid backup prior to flashing, that you can restore the old OS? Did you do a full wipe of all wipeable items before flashing? Are you able to get into your HBOOT screen? Also, if you search the forums for the exact condition you are having, you'll likely find others have had similar faults, and hopefully the fix is also mentioned.

IceBone

Mar 4, 2009
I was stuck in a boot loop too, but a factory reset fixed it, just upgrading won't work. I'm back to 2.09 now, though, will wait for the upgrade till Gingerbread, I got the phone set just so and it would take hours to rebuild. :(

KuRouZu

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2010
somebody knows if the 2.09 version have kernel UV? because I don't want a UV kernel...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all :)

I decided to give you an update for the apparently much-used 2.09 ROM :)

This is fully rooted, kept completely stock with the following small mods,
    mostly for powersaving and ease-of-use.

The following additions were made:

- Busybox + Latest su and SuperUser.apk.

- Still has A2SD+, a bit cleaner implementation this time. (Fully depends on whether or not you create an EXT partition, which can be EXT2/3 or 4.)

- OpenVPN and TUN

- Wifi module edited to make sure it never goes into standby.

- Symlinked /data/local/bootanimation.zip for easy bootanimation replacements.

- Cpufreq_interactive governor as default. This is slightly better than ondemand.

- Default undervolting by 75mV-100mV -> Major powersaving.

- UnionFS-FUSE overlay filesystem for /system. This makes /system writeable, and therefore allows you to use stuff like MetaMorph.

Thanks to tgreer for hosting my stuff! ;)

Make sure you pick the correct radio to go with these two ROMs. It's a bad idea to use an older ROM with a newer radio, or vice-versa, seeing as these ROMs have updated RILs.

*updated* HTC 2.10 ROM
    32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 radio (recommended for 2.10 - new RIL)

Older HTC 2.09 ROM
    32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 radio (recommended for 2.09)