[ROM][Official][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4

Search This thread

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Today I connected the phone to the PC as media device and did some folder deletions on internal sdcard ... After i disconnected the phone from pc my sdcard gets formated ... I lost only few things but this behavior is really strange ... I have everytjing related to cm stock

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

andreqm

Oct 25, 2013
Is the i9505 on the list for the stable version of CM10.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Is the i9505 on the list for the stable version of CM10.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No ... Per CM team only those devices withRC1 will get stable ... So we have to wait for CM11 ... Anyway this rom is wverything on i9505 but not stable

Reactions: rankoradza

jcasares

Dec 9, 2011
Buenos Aires
No ... Per CM team only those devices withRC1 will get stable ... So we have to wait for CM11 ... Anyway this rom is wverything on i9505 but not stable
As if CM11 will be ever stable on this phone... If they didn't make this stable in 6 months with all the resources they have (Qualcom device, GPe releases, TMO edition being the same) I doubt we will see a better CM11.
Just move to another phone like Nexus 5.

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Well my plan was to buy nexus ... But i need the phone as mp3 player too .. So i bought s4 ...and the development here compared to sgs1 is .... Just the dots ... I know i cant develop but ...

diddly3000

Nov 10, 2011
headford
I moved from s2 because the exeynos cpu was hindering development and devs moved away from it. So I got a s4 qualcom in hope I'd have a better experience. But instead it's nearly the same :( I'd like nexus 5 but battery is so hit and miss I'm not going to bother

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
I'd assume it's as bug free as it's going to get.

Nope ... this is not bug free .. it is nightly called stable from some unknown reason - and this will be the reason why I am leaving CM ... and more, I am going to write an opened letter to CM team complainging about what is happenning ... calling something stable without lack of development effort is not the reason why I am using CM ... I could stay with samsung to have terribly working firmware.

To the dev of this device CM: I know you are doing this in your free time and for free, but why the hell are you calling a nightly build stable??? It contains still the same bugs as all previous nightlies.
- various settings FC's
- Wireless Display option present but not working
- problem with unexpected format of internal storage

... you may say these are mine problem - no, I am running stock CM and I have like 20 max. apps installed (all the very good known ones).

ricardoporto

Oct 30, 2009
São José dos Campos/SP
Nope ... this is not bug free .. it is nightly called stable from some unknown reason - and this will be the reason why I am leaving CM ... and more, I am going to write an opened letter to CM team complainging about what is happenning ... calling something stable without lack of development effort is not the reason why I am using CM ... I could stay with samsung to have terribly working firmware.

To the dev of this device CM: I know you are doing this in your free time and for free, but why the hell are you calling a nightly build stable??? It contains still the same bugs as all previous nightlies.
- various settings FC's

... you may say these are mine problem - no, I am running stock CM and I have like 20 max. apps installed (all the very good known ones).

+1 :(

nado_x

Feb 6, 2011

- various settings FC's

Apparently that doesn't matter

How about this: Since I'm maintainer for CyanogenMod for this device. I'll decide when its Alpha/Beta/RC. kthxbye

Maybe some people just like to maintain the image they are a maintainer?

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro

- various settings FC's

I am using a similar setup: CM10.2 + Nova. Wireless display I have not checked. What FCs are you experiencing?

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
E.g language and input settings ...
I am not saying invisiblek does not have full rights for anything he is doing .. But shouldn't he follow CM philosophy?

ciborio

Aug 29, 2012
Rome
I am not saying invisiblek does not have full rights for anything he is doing .. But shouldn't he follow CM philosophy?

And reboot after starting recording video at 1080. :banghead:

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

nado_x

Feb 6, 2011

Of course, though we're not owed anything... the only option is to fix it yourself or change rom.

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Video is terrible compared to stock sams. Even 720p sucks, but I understand it is not eazy on any samsung phone ...
My notification diod stopped after flashing "stable" it start working after enterin notification menu ..

RAND0M1ZER

May 17, 2010
Toronto
Is anyone else getting an issue where they can't turn on the screen during a call? Basically this makes it impossible to hang up a call so you have to wait for the other person to hang up before you can access your phone again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the cm-10.2 branch for this device have stopped.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296266
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?
    Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Download: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx&type=stable

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-04-23
    Unofficial nightlies of CM-10.1 with IR support

I resurrected my scripts from when I was building for d2vzw before we got official support.

I'll build nightlies for jfltexx that are 100% stock CM-10.1 with ONLY IR support added.

The script will spit out a tweet with a link when finished here:
    https://twitter.com/invisiblek_cm

Downloads here:
    http://invisiblek.org/gt-i9505/roms/cm10.1/

I'd recommend waiting for the tweet since that won't happen until the rom has been fully uploaded.

Builds are set to kick off at 3:00pm American Central (UTC -6), so should be done and uploaded at roughly 3:30pm (UTC -6) daily.

WatchOn apk (flashable zip, since it needs to be put in /system/app ): http://invisiblek.org/WatchOn_5.1.4-signed.zip

Also linking in the second post of this thread, just so people can find it.

(If any other jf device users catch wind of this and want me to add you to the build rotation, I can certainly do that, just PM me)

Enjoy!
    Someone should try this ClockworkMod please and see if you still get a Status 7.

I'm giving it a 50/50 chance of working. Either it will, or it won't :p

http://invisiblek.org/gt-i9505/recoveries/cwm-07012013-jfltexx.img