Search This thread

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Try home button and end call from notif bar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jcasares

Dec 9, 2011
Buenos Aires
The problem with OmniROM is that it misses so many useful features of CM.
Maybe mostly small ones but quite useful nonetheless.
I liked that they kept the simplified mobile settings (that thing that crashes on CM 10 and 11).

And I tried CM11 and don't like Kitkat nor CM11 itslef (missing a lot of features).

Grid is 4x4 instead of 4x5 and icons seem bigger. I have a big screen, so I don't need that.
Font looks bad. I prefer JB one. Smaller and nicer style.
The dumbness of the interface isn't any better. JB looks a lot more polished than Kitkat.

I don't understand all the praise to this new OS. :/

After all I will stay with M1 that is the most stable of the 10.2 for GS4.

nado_x

Feb 6, 2011
The problem with OmniROM is that it misses so many useful features of CM.
Maybe mostly small ones but quite useful nonetheless.
I liked that they kept the simplified mobile settings (that thing that crashes on CM 10 and 11).

And I tried CM11 and don't like Kitkat nor CM11 itslef (missing a lot of features).

Grid is 4x4 instead of 4x5 and icons seem bigger. I have a big screen, so I don't need that.
Font looks bad. I prefer JB one. Smaller and nicer style.
The dumbness of the interface isn't any better. JB looks a lot more polished than Kitkat.

I don't understand all the praise to this new OS. :/

After all I will stay with M1 that is the most stable of the 10.2 for GS4.

Yea, but most of that stuff is just the launcher. Use Nova Launcher or something else if you need a bigger grid, the whole point of Kitkat are the underlying changes to the OS that optimize memory usage for everything else. WIth that said, Kitkat should be pretty much the same sans the stock launcher.

MasterBrush

Oct 30, 2012
I just wiped my phone and installed a fresh CM 10.2
Now I cannot access my phone via adb
it says device offline

what can i do?

jonatutu

Jan 29, 2011
I have a little question and it may be quite stupid...
What is the function of lock screen in quick setting panel. I tried but I don't see any changes. Does it locked the screen(screen goes black like go to sleep and locked) or just locked the screen orientation.

nieohl

Sep 8, 2011
i just flashed the CF auto root and can i install this rom alr? coz i've been trying to install the SlimRom but doesn't work. When it rebooted nothing happens. :/

MasterBrush

Oct 30, 2012
I installed cm 10.2 stable after a complete wipe.
Than I encrypted my phone and now it does not boot up.
When I install the Nov 15 nightlies my phone boots up again.
Is there a problem with encryption in the stable build?

Last edited:

00raq00

Mar 24, 2010
HDR photos also doesn't work on CM10.2. When I select HDR option it takes photo but it isn't HDR. On CM11 isn't possible to do this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386793420087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386793420087.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 802

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
Does anyone know which is the latest nightly that doesn't have the trebuchet bug? I tried the so called 10.2 "stable" and even the snapshot but whenever I try to add a new icon to the homescreen, the damn thing FC's. I don't want a new launcher since the stock CM one does everything that I want.

Also does anyone know if SlimBean 4.3.1 build 2.2 ROM is good? Does it have the CM bugs (camera constantly not connecting so I have to reboot, rebooting when recording 1080p to exteneral SD card, etc)?

EDIT: Snap shot was even worse. Constant FC's from varius apps and servious randomly. Trebuchet is even less stable in snapshot. I even booted into recovery and wiped both caches and fixed permissions. No go. Also all the older nightlies are removed from CM website so if you guys have an older one, please upload it somewhere for me

Last edited:

tiagox

Nov 2, 2010
save pictures on external sd

hi there.. im using the cm-11 .... it is possible to sabe the photos on external sd ?! how to ?! thanks !

kewinhdorff

Oct 8, 2013
hey im running cm10.1.3 stable

in better battery stats i see alot of wierd thing like kworker and *wakelock* and other stuff i have never seen there before xd

i don't know what it is so i was hoping anyone of u know.

i am using greenify and the donation features (push gsm when the app is hibernated and keep notifications) so i think it is weird

i am very grateful for any answers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the cm-10.2 branch for this device have stopped.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296266
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?
    Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Download: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx&type=stable

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-04-23
    Unofficial nightlies of CM-10.1 with IR support

I resurrected my scripts from when I was building for d2vzw before we got official support.

I'll build nightlies for jfltexx that are 100% stock CM-10.1 with ONLY IR support added.

The script will spit out a tweet with a link when finished here:
    https://twitter.com/invisiblek_cm

Downloads here:
    http://invisiblek.org/gt-i9505/roms/cm10.1/

I'd recommend waiting for the tweet since that won't happen until the rom has been fully uploaded.

Builds are set to kick off at 3:00pm American Central (UTC -6), so should be done and uploaded at roughly 3:30pm (UTC -6) daily.

WatchOn apk (flashable zip, since it needs to be put in /system/app ): http://invisiblek.org/WatchOn_5.1.4-signed.zip

Also linking in the second post of this thread, just so people can find it.

(If any other jf device users catch wind of this and want me to add you to the build rotation, I can certainly do that, just PM me)

Enjoy!
    Someone should try this ClockworkMod please and see if you still get a Status 7.

I'm giving it a 50/50 chance of working. Either it will, or it won't :p

http://invisiblek.org/gt-i9505/recoveries/cwm-07012013-jfltexx.img