[ROM][Official][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA

Search This thread

tkags85

Dec 6, 2012
Can I install CM 10.2 with TWRP as my recovery?

I have all my backups done using TWRP.. Not sure if you can reinstall a backup done in TWRP, using CWM.. That way if I don't like CM I can easily go back to my ViperDNA..

Sent from my dlx using xda app-developers app

duffman452001

Nov 26, 2009
Its no weaker than it is in viper. If you check the signal strength for both they are about the same. At home I get horrible signal, about -105 dbm. On viper, I'll have 3-4 bars. On CM I get 1-2, which is actually a more accurate visual representation.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

This. Signal is no different, CM just has a different threshold for the signal bars

mickeyvnminnie

May 1, 2009
Irvine, CA
Don't assume that you're smarter than other people. In my house, with CM 10.2, 50% of my calls did not go through, data is on and off. With viperDNA, all of my calls go through, data is much more stable.

That's just another marketing strategy from HTC that's apparently working for many of us here.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I don't care about the bars. I only care about making calls and stable data connection.

This. Signal is no different, CM just has a different threshold for the signal bars

hilokilo

Nov 22, 2011
... You do realize the Rom itself does NOT modify the antenna/radio, right?
That means you're lying to me.
P.S. Never assumed such thing.

Last edited:

mobitote

Apr 2, 2011
Tried updating to 1206 update, however I lost root; reverted to old backup. ?. Do we need to update clockwork to enable future updates? I use ROM manager's recovery, never had issues before until the 1206 update.

GrzlyAdms

Nov 20, 2013
Can I install CM 10.2 with TWRP as my recovery?

I have all my backups done using TWRP.. Not sure if you can reinstall a backup done in TWRP, using CWM.. That way if I don't like CM I can easily go back to my ViperDNA..

Sent from my dlx using xda app-developers app

I haven't seen a response to this yet so I thought I'd ask as well. Can the stable release CM10.2 be flashed via TWRP?

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkags85

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
I'm coming from a completely different ROM (ViperDNA). Is cmupdater only for updating between cm versions?

Ah, yes, it's the built in updater in CM which reboots the phone into recovery to flash updates. You should be fine flashing with TWRP with 10.2. That's what I've been using all along. So long as you're not flashing Kit Kat, it should be fine.

atsoca

Jun 24, 2010
Lynbrook
rjacosta.com
What would be the problem with flashing kit Kat....I'm debating weather to flash cm...comming from viper and I may want to try a kit Kat rom also...What issues would I run into?
Thanx

Sent from my dlx

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
What would be the problem with flashing kit Kat....I'm debating weather to flash cm...comming from viper and I may want to try a kit Kat rom also...What issues would I run into?
Thanx

Sent from my dlx

The current TWRP doesn't support kit kat yet. You would need to use the newest clockworkmod recovery. If you tried to flash a kit kat ROM on TWRP it would just error out.

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
If i want to keep a build for a few months, what nightly / RC / Stable build should i flash? I saw there are some problems with the stable release. Any input is really appreciated. Thank you.

FCO2011

Feb 24, 2011
Hey all,

I flashed the 11/27 build a few days ago, no problem, was coming from NOS m7 v3.0.4. Flahsed and installed no problem, but then I found out I got no cell service, only LTE, GPS, and Wifi, Thought "no problem I made a nandroid". So I restored my NOS backup. Got into the rom and lo and behold the problems carried over. So I'm of the assumption that my radio got borked. Anyone have any advice? For what I do calling is pretty important so any help is appreciated, preferably relatively quickly!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the cm-10.2 branch for this device have stopped.
    Please see here for nightly builds of cm-11.0 (kitkat)
    Or continue for the stable cm-10.2 build...

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Stable: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=dlx&type=stable

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Useful Links

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Special thanks to the CM10DNA team too, they've done great work on this device, and I look forward to working with them on official repos!
    - Chad0989
    - crpalmer
    - Flyhalf205

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-04-23
    Let's see what this week brings to this ROM! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Dev thread, please refrain from useless posts like this.

How is the GSM services working on the devices?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Download it and report back

Is DSP Manager crashing for anyone else? I'm trying to narrow down whether it is a rom issue or something I did (quite possible as I played with Viper4android sound mod and simply flashed over it.)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

If you are putting audio mods on a ROM and then reporting back to the ROM's thread with issues, you're doing it wrong.

Any one know if HDMI out works with this rom?

Download it and report back

This morning I had a crash. Clean install with crpalmers latest kernel.

In case anyone wants to take a look.
    http://db.tt/oGvGimja

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ZOMG! A log file! I can't believe it! Its almost like this thread is in the development section of the forums and we should be attaching logs for ALL reported problems!!!
    (Granted its not the stock kernel, but this particular issue should be apparent in either)

Seriously though, this thread is already 29 pages long. If we were to remove all the useless crap, it would probably be around 3 pages long.
    Lets stay on topic guys, logs or it didn't happen.
    Known bugs:
    Please do not post about these, we know they are broken.
    • Bluetooth audio skips - apparently, for now, using the performance or conservative governor will fix it

Please do not ask questions in this thread. Its for development. Please post logs when reporting problems or don't bother posting.
    If it becomes a problem we can create a Q/A thread.
    Already working on Cm11
    Guys,

OP has asked that we keep this more dev talk and less general and off topic, so let's try to keep this geared towards that.

Any flame will be dealt with swiftly.

From now on we keep it respectful, and we keep it on topic and related to the actual development of this ROM. Upload logcats, and instructions on how to reproduce the bug if possible. If you are making modifications to the ROM then having issues you weren't having before the modification, well you know...

Remember there is a Q&A forum too.

I'll be checking in from time to time.

edit: due to what has just been stated, if your post is in such violation it might "mysteriously" disappear from this thread.