[ROM][Official][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA

Search This thread

phydo

Apr 11, 2010
Lebanon, NJ
So, I have two questions:
1) when I use the cm file manager on root user mode, /storage/emulated/0 doesn't exist. When I change it to user mode, I'm stuck in there and can't remove certain files because of a lack of permissions. Is this normal?

2) since I'm posting, what does lpa.decode=true do for us? I like my dsp manager and I'm wondering the benefits of this. I tried googling before but got a little confused.

joshuajones

Mar 27, 2012
Indianapolis
1) when I use the cm file manager on root user mode, /storage/emulated/0 doesn't exist. When I change it to user mode, I'm stuck in there and can't remove certain files because of a lack of permissions. Is this normal?
Storage/emulated/0 is just a shortcut to data/media/0. Press the bookmarks button and go to /data/media/0 instead

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: phydo

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
@invisiblek, have you played at all with (intelligently) updating some of the vendor files from the GPE? Our vendor tree was updated to the GPE excluding the camera. I did try blindly updating all the libs / bins that the M7 had updated to and that caused both the camera and the GPS to break. I don't know if a more intelligent subset would be likely to fix any problems and if you've already looked at it?

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
@invisiblek, have you played at all with (intelligently) updating some of the vendor files from the GPE? Our vendor tree was updated to the GPE excluding the camera. I did try blindly updating all the libs / bins that the M7 had updated to and that caused both the camera and the GPS to break. I don't know if a more intelligent subset would be likely to fix any problems and if you've already looked at it?

Updating the GPS libs definitely won't work as we're still using the AOSP HAL and libs for it. We'll need a custom HAL to use any other libs.

I've been rather silently playing with the speaker amp for the last few days. I've got it to sort of work at this point by mimicking the sense init sequence and removing support for tfa9887l (since we don't have the extra speaker). It's pretty finicky though and crashes sometimes on switches. For example hanging up a call while on speaker causes the amp to be muted until you initialize a call not on speaker and hangup, but doing this also seems to get it to initialize the rest of the way. I believe the m7 guys are already working on that issue though.

Last edited:

atodd.94

Jun 27, 2013

In General Settings change the access mode to "Prompt User". As long as you select to always give the app root access in SuperUser it shouldn't prompt you.

Reactions: phydo

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
Still having Wi-fi issues here on 9/15...Is there a log I could pull off my phone that would indicate what's going on with the Wi-fi radio/driver?

If I watch the Wi-Fi connections screen, it'll display my SSID with "Connected" status along with the dozens of other nearby connections as usual, then a few seconds later, say "Searching for Wi-Fi networks...", connect, and repeat.

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
Still having Wi-fi issues here on 9/15...Is there a log I could pull off my phone that would indicate what's going on with the Wi-fi radio/driver?

If I watch the Wi-Fi connections screen, it'll display my SSID with "Connected" status along with the dozens of other nearby connections as usual, then a few seconds later, say "Searching for Wi-Fi networks...", connect, and repeat.

Try crpalmer's kernel.

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org

Updating the GPS libs definitely won't work as we're still using the AOSP HAL and libs for it. We'll need a custom HAL to use any other libs.

Yea, we should be building our own HAL anyway. I haven't spent any time on this for a few days, been a busy weekend. Hopefully get back on this tonight.

Gorilla*

Nov 25, 2010
Tallahassee,FL
Im on the old Unofficial rom because I have heard the camera does not work, and I need the camera for work every day. is this true?

If i dont wipe everything and just dirty flash (wipe dalvik and cache) and flash from unofficial to the Official rom, will I keep my pictures, and will the camera work on the official rom?

If tha answer is yes, i can now switch to the official rom.

PS. i will be running palmers new official kernel, if i make the switch.

Imacellist

Oct 20, 2011
Modesto, CA
Im on the old Unofficial rom because I have heard the camera does not work, and I need the camera for work every day. is this true?

If i dont wipe everything and just dirty flash (wipe dalvik and cache) and flash from unofficial to the Official rom, will I keep my pictures, and will the camera work on the official rom?

If tha answer is yes, i can now switch to the official rom.

PS. i will be running palmers new official kernel, if i make the switch.

It works but the focus is sketchy. Doesn't take as good pics as it can.

Hit thanks if I helped! check out my site at www.circuitsaviors.com

loctorn

Jun 29, 2010
OK figured I'd give this ROM a try and so far really liking it. Clean install with crpalmers kernel and no restoring of apps+data through ROM Toolbox Pro. Very snappy and a pleasure to use.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
Any channels on IRC for the DNA? Trying to build CM, having issues.

#cm-htc on freenode =)

Bleh...so I went to a stock rom, to get a log of gps to see what happens when it actually works, and of course now it works in cm since I got the lock there.

Now I need to figure out how to make it fail again haha...

One thing that someone should try, if they are getting NO gps locks (check using GPS Status from the market) is to add this line to the end of your build.prop and reboot:
Code:
ro.gps.set_privacy=1

Not really banking on this working but it's worth a shot.

Also, for anyone interested, here's a log (both from cm) of it working and not working:
Not working (before going to stock and obtaining a lock): http://pastebin.com/mECpDFfX
Working (afterwards): http://pastebin.com/iA5uGJG0

Last edited:
Reactions: xaocon

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Let's see what this week brings to this ROM! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the cm-10.2 branch for this device have stopped.
    Please see here for nightly builds of cm-11.0 (kitkat)
    Or continue for the stable cm-10.2 build...

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Stable: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=dlx&type=stable

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Useful Links

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Special thanks to the CM10DNA team too, they've done great work on this device, and I look forward to working with them on official repos!
    - Chad0989
    - crpalmer
    - Flyhalf205

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-09-13
    Last Updated 2014-04-23
    Let's see what this week brings to this ROM! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Dev thread, please refrain from useless posts like this.

How is the GSM services working on the devices?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Download it and report back

Is DSP Manager crashing for anyone else? I'm trying to narrow down whether it is a rom issue or something I did (quite possible as I played with Viper4android sound mod and simply flashed over it.)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

If you are putting audio mods on a ROM and then reporting back to the ROM's thread with issues, you're doing it wrong.

Any one know if HDMI out works with this rom?

Download it and report back

This morning I had a crash. Clean install with crpalmers latest kernel.

In case anyone wants to take a look.
    http://db.tt/oGvGimja

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ZOMG! A log file! I can't believe it! Its almost like this thread is in the development section of the forums and we should be attaching logs for ALL reported problems!!!
    (Granted its not the stock kernel, but this particular issue should be apparent in either)

Seriously though, this thread is already 29 pages long. If we were to remove all the useless crap, it would probably be around 3 pages long.
    Lets stay on topic guys, logs or it didn't happen.
    Known bugs:
    Please do not post about these, we know they are broken.
    • Bluetooth audio skips - apparently, for now, using the performance or conservative governor will fix it

Please do not ask questions in this thread. Its for development. Please post logs when reporting problems or don't bother posting.
    If it becomes a problem we can create a Q/A thread.
    Already working on Cm11
    Guys,

OP has asked that we keep this more dev talk and less general and off topic, so let's try to keep this geared towards that.

Any flame will be dealt with swiftly.

From now on we keep it respectful, and we keep it on topic and related to the actual development of this ROM. Upload logcats, and instructions on how to reproduce the bug if possible. If you are making modifications to the ROM then having issues you weren't having before the modification, well you know...

Remember there is a Q&A forum too.

I'll be checking in from time to time.

edit: due to what has just been stated, if your post is in such violation it might "mysteriously" disappear from this thread.