• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2lte)

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q&A Thread

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Download the zip(s).
  2. Install a compatible Recovery (see here)
  3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
  • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
  • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
  • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
  • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
Last Updated 2014-06-23

Last edited:

sbattosai

Nov 13, 2011
What is working / not working?
Is it exfat compatible for the SD card and is the front facing camera working without issues?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

harry_seaward

Oct 2, 2011
LG V30
Might be a good idea to include a note about making sure you're on the latest firmware under the Before posting on this thread section. That seems to be a big issue for a lot of people.

saldomontoya

Jul 22, 2012
Lincoln, NE
GApps

Should we use the PA KitKat gapps when flashing or use the 11-19 gapps you have in your collection?

NVM I answered my own question.

Last edited:

TokedUp

Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
So glad to see your name in this forum. A trusted name for years now! Thank you so much Invisiblek!

Is this based one 4.4.1 yet? Will the camera upgrades make its way to us on the S3 or were they just for the N5? Just wondering.

Reactions: h82or8

ojpd

Apr 5, 2008
The Rom is flying and has been stable for a few hours with ART enabled. It doesn't have any flickering issues another 4.4 rom I flashed last night. Love it!

If you answered your own question, could you share it, please? Which GAPPS?

I'm using PA Gapps. So far so good.

culpn8r

Jul 11, 2010
Does flashing this wipe my SD card completely?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sanjsrik

One thing to note, DO NOT flash over the 10.2 or any ohter nightly. I get constant reboots.

I had to wipe all and flash from scratch.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

One thing to note, DO NOT flash over the 10.2 or any ohter nightly. I get constant reboots.

I had to wipe all and flash from scratch.

RayMcGrath

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
Pacific Northwest
rom review

post flash- clean flashed rom, gapps, restored from TiBU, flashed kanged gapps and kt kernel and everything is working perfectly so far! Awesome rom!
Thanks Invisiblek for this thread and your work! :)

TokedUp

Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
Not supposed to be using ART on this phone. Its for devs only. No need for it. It doesn't do anything except make certain apps unusable.

titanshadow

Feb 17, 2012
Lexington, KY
home.blazingumbra.com
Not supposed to be using ART on this phone. Its for devs only. No need for it. It doesn't do anything except make certain apps unusable.

yea, i see no advantage to using ART. and updating is no fun with it either.

Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate it. Its turned on now and everything works for me - I'll probably shut it off if something becomes unstable.

I did notice that the "Location" item in the Quick Settings menu says it is off even though location services are turned on. Not a big deal I don't toggle it very often but just thought I'd mention it.

Also, anyone know any setting to make the new launcher do landscape?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q&A Thread

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (see here)
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    any idea when the front facing camera issue for apps like snapchat will be fixed?

This works fine for me other than it being a bit janky. It keeps freezing for a second every couple seconds, but never crashes or anything. Always seems to take a picture too.

Considering this isn't happening on other camera apps (stock, focal, camera mx) I'm inclined to blame snapchat's app for the jank.

On another note, good news in the future for those of you bluetooth users out there. Bluetooth has long been a royal PITA on d2 and I think we've got it nailed down. Code is on gerrit, so you should hopefully see it trickle into the nightlies pretty soon.
    Thread cleaned...honor the wishes of the OP and provide log cats. Do not grumble if things do not get fixed...you are here to learn. XDA is not a support site, so, either try the stuff, learn how to fix it yourself and/or provide said logcats to help in getting things fixed, or get out.

Another thing, there are about a hundred ways to be nice to each other too...so some of the trash/disrespectful-tone posts have also been cleaned.

Get back to development in here, final warning.
    Suddenly..a wild baseband appears! http://www.invisiblek.org/firmware/d2/d2vzw_NE1_modem.zip (flash in your favorite recovery)

RIL works with the latest baseband (NE1, above) as of the 20140910 nightly (correct, as of this post that build is not yet available)

Manual fix to use NE1 baseband on older than 20140910 builds:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb wait-for-device remount
    adb shell ln -s /firmware-mdm/image/modem.b05 /system/etc/firmware/modem.b05
    adb reboot