Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
- Nov 6, 2011
VanirAOSP is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KITKAT), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
VanirAOSP is an aftermarket firmware Like CyanogenMod with add functionalities . We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
What to expect
- This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
- Maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
- Originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
- Aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion
- Stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
- Enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
- Custom written CRON and init.d.
- UI and graphics improvements
- Custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
- Improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
- Usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
- Animation control
- Improved Vanir keyboard
- CM's profiles & quicksettings
- Additional quicksetting tiles
- Immersive mode
- Statusbar mods
- Clock & battery mods
- Lockscreen blur and other mods
- Soon to come: Quick cam and flash notifications
- Busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
Same as in CM.
downloads.team-simplicit.com or VanirAOSP
- Vanir team
VanirAOSP for the Sony Xperia L, ROM for the Sony Xperia L
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: VanirAOSP
Last Updated 2014-06-23