[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.0.2] AICP for OtterX [NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

Guitarman

Thank you for your continued support for the Kindle Fire, flashing these experimental ROMs makes my day somehow. There seems to be an issue with the "Weather" service with this build....it is constantly running in the background and if I try to freeze it or uninstall it, I get continuous force closes of the system ui. I don't know about anyone else but uneeded running processes in Android are not something I take lightly lol

Thanks agaIn for your dedication

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using XDA Free mobile app

pfederighi

Nov 22, 2012
Everett
Thank you for your continued support for the Kindle Fire, flashing these experimental ROMs makes my day somehow. There seems to be an issue with the "Weather" service with this build....it is constantly running in the background and if I try to freeze it or uninstall it, I get continuous force closes of the system ui. I don't know about anyone else but uneeded running processes in Android are not something I take lightly lol

Thanks agaIn for your dedication

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah, I noticed it was always running, too. I force stopped it and got one complaint, but afterwards I had no trouble with anything. Have you tried restarting? When you installed the ROM, did you do a complete wipe? Sorry I don't have any other ideas.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

@pfederighi
Hello. Well, You did it mate:)
Great battery life in this build (b):D
However in my opinion Aicp has to much features , or linaro compilers isnt good for our kindles, whats making it little laggy compared to cm11.

I tried flashing kernel to officiall cm11, but I lost WiFi, and kindle rebooting it self :) but I think, i know where the problem could be. ( modules from Aicp are needed??) I try this.

There is a possibility to send this fix to cm team, or hashcode its needed to do this.

Regards and Thanks You @pfederighi once again for Your effort. Its nice to see that kindle fire community isn't dead!

Hmm... I downloaded the cm-11.0 repo and followed the build instructions on the CM wiki. It compiled. I did a `make clobber`, moved the kernel source out of the tree, linked the kernel source from my aicp-7.0 tree into the cm-11.0 tree, and it compiled. I installed the ROM on my KF and so far everything is running good. WiFi failed to connect on the first try, but did on the second (which I've noticed is a common issue with KF ROMs) and has been working fine. Right now I'm seeing if it will build with Sabermod and JustArchi flags. If it works, I'll post a link in the CM thread tomorrow.

lllukas

May 24, 2013
Yeah, I noticed it was always running, too. I force stopped it and got one complaint, but afterwards I had no trouble with anything. Have you tried restarting? When you installed the ROM, did you do a complete wipe? Sorry I don't have any other ideas.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Hmm... I downloaded the cm-11.0 repo and followed the build instructions on the CM wiki. It compiled. I did a `make clobber`, moved the kernel source out of the tree, linked the kernel source from my aicp-7.0 tree into the cm-11.0 tree, and it compiled. I installed the ROM on my KF and so far everything is running good. WiFi failed to connect on the first try, but did on the second (which I've noticed is a common issue with KF ROMs) and has been working fine. Right now I'm seeing if it will build with Sabermod and JustArchi flags. If it works, I'll post a link in the CM thread tomorrow.

Thats cool:) when i copied modules files, and set correct permision , then flashing boot.img from Aicp, everything working good. No restarting or WiFi troubles.

Batery life is amazing :)

Reactions: Guitarman

Guitarman

I did complete wipes everytime but it seemed I was having WiFi issues.........I'll try it again with a freshly downloaded copy of the ROM :)

(update edit) I redownloaded the ROM and no WiFi issues......excited now to tweak it to the max and see this puppy in action!

Last edited:

soranut

Jan 1, 2012
Links deadx

Anyone have the link for the latest stable rom? looking for a stable rom and this one looks promising

skarletlightning

Dec 16, 2010
I came back after all these years and XDA hackery is still alive and well. Even recent posts on an OG Kindle Fire. Unbelievable.

I dusted mine off and am firing up TWRP and Cyanogen and need any stable rom to give this device its last bit of life. I'm going to go with the most recent thing posted (aicp_otterx_kitkat-5.0-UNOFFICIAL-20140717.zip)

I'll report back with results.

Edit:
It worked really well. I got a few text to speech errors at first during first startup but now its smooth sailing.

It probably helps that I had TWRP already optimally setup.

Last edited:

G4NG

May 11, 2009
I came back after all these years and XDA hackery is still alive and well. Even recent posts on an OG Kindle Fire. Unbelievable.

I dusted mine off and am firing up TWRP and Cyanogen and need any stable rom to give this device its last bit of life. I'm going to go with the most recent thing posted (aicp_otterx_kitkat-5.0-UNOFFICIAL-20140717.zip)

I'll report back with results.

Edit:
It worked really well. I got a few text to speech errors at first during first startup but now its smooth sailing.

It probably helps that I had TWRP already optimally setup.

Ohmy...
This fire one gave me a lot of stress =(
When I finally got twrp recovery and flashed otterx boot 2.05 and twrp 2.8.5.0 I've wiped all that needed - dalvik cache, system etc, but this rom (aicp_otterx_kitkat-5.0-UNOFFICIAL-20140717.zip) won't flash((
And for now I have some kind of brick with only twrp working(( and can't copy any other rom cause my pc and notebook don't see device's flash when I connect it and choose "mount"(

Update:
I've continued to read the topic and figured out that after installing otterx bootloader I must convert all partitions. And moreover, I figured out that MTP method works on my laptop. I did convert system to otterx, downgraded twrp to 2.7.0.1 and FINALLY installed this build (but firstly without gapps), so now I'm gonna check everything else)

Attachments

• photo_2023-04-09_16-42-30.jpg
    photo_2023-04-09_16-42-30.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
    In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • Thoemy
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • teemodk
    • audahadi
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 8

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=otterx

Recommended Gapps of otterx (Use Universal DPI)

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

b5b2bXK.png
    • You tell... :p

kfCXFCX.png
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Lollipop. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    Zips gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel github
    rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

KitKat OP

b6KUz5S.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

In the beginning I would like to thank:
    • AOKP team
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • ParanoidAndroid team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • Community

Now we can move on...

DONATIONS:

I'm not writing this because of lack of donations, but to get the priorities straight..
    Go to ROMControl/about and open your wallet :D
    If you would like to make a donation for this ROM, don't do it only for me!!!
    Consider whole AICP Team, not only the individual.​

What is AICP?
    AICP is known by someone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since than evolved as a mature rom with the BEST community you can find!!!
    Rom has always been AOKP based so expect all AOKP goodies + new additions.
    If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or AOKP team if it conserns their modifications. This rom isn't AOKP supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Latest Nightly Release
    Official Download folder: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=otterx
    Linaro Builds (Compiled by myself): http://goo.gl/FwNxcR
    Gapps: goo.gl/pkbmB2

Actual version: AICP V5.0 - 7/21/14

What's New

• Initial release

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows CM source.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_amazon_otter-common

Feature list:
    • AOKP features
    • TRDS Dark switch
    • Halo
    • OmniSwitch
    • Profiles
    • Lockscsreen Notifications
    • Active Display
    • Wakelock blocker
    • System app Remover
    • Animations
    • Lockecreen color theming
    • Lockscreen blur, gestures etc...
    • etc...

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

What's Broken:
    • It's a Nexus :p
    • Transparency need a build.prop edit to work, See this post Fixed on 7/24/14 Build, No need to do build.prop edit.

ROMS
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy KK. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Make sure you are on the OtterX bootloader, recovery, and partition mode!
    • Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

kernel git
    rom gerrit

Q&A Thread, Feel free to ask anything

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP for OtterX, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
    joshuabg
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP/platform_manifest

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on OtterX bootloader, recovery, and partitions
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-07-18
    Last Updated 2015-03-20
    Alright. It's here. OtterX KitKat with long battery life.

The details: After much effort trying to fix the KK kernel, on a whim I thought I'd see if the LP kernel would work. It does. I used the kernel/amazon/otter-common/sound/soc/omap source folder from the KK kernel. That made sound work. So, in the end, it was a rather simple solution.

Here's the kernel source archive and the compiled AICP 7.0. The ROM is compiled with Sabermod. ART works (the included Launcher3 doesn't work with ART, so install a different launcher before switching).

kernel source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7BjC3Ky49TVd19MNFQ3TWg5aHM/view?usp=sharing
    ROM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7BjC3Ky49TVeDVxUTAwU0NldnM/view?usp=sharing

Let me know what you think. Cheers.
    There are no downloads for the otterx??? When I click on the link there are no roms listed under otterx.
    Database is under maintenance

On a side note, I'm working on M for otterx
    Thanx Guys... It's official from now on :)

And @zipsnet and @LorD ClockaN ... Sorry guys for missunderstanding...

But AICp is lost without you :p :good::good::good:

Say hello to AICP for otterx and Enjoy !!!
    I'm using this latest build to post this message. I did not install Gapps and I slimmed down the total memory usage of the system apps considerably. It seems to average about 50-60 MB of free RAM. I do like the imp!ementation of the easy volume control tile :)

After those measures, the performance is pretty good, snappy almost. I'm going to try to tweak it some more if possible.

Thanks for your hard work, it's always exciting to see new ROM releases for this device

If people would be interested, I can add otterx back to the official nightlies for android 5.1.x