• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.0.2]Cyanogenmod 12 Nightlies Nexus 4 (mako)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
cyanogenmod-12.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
2. Download the zip(s).
3. Install a compatible Recovery
4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
6. Flash CyanogenMod.
7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Changelog:
Click here

Downloads:
Official CM12 Nightlies are here.
PA GAPPS for Android 5.0.x here.

Bugreport: On nightlies, you don't have to report bugs here, if you wish to, you can do that here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy.

PS: I didn't built that rom, I don't even know if I can do that here, otherwise I will close this thread again. Please tell me that! Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
CM12 Nighlies for Nexus 4, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
Tkkg1994
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Nexus 4, Custom recovery
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-14
Last Updated 2015-01-14

sergio_f

Sep 2, 2009
I think this is, because there are just some nightlies out and not much more. They will first bring a great, stable Cm12 and than some gapps ;)
Yes, pa is more or less zhe same, I always used them.

i have made an dirty update from 12, flashed some gapps that someone have remomended..

but i will flash these hope i dont have to flash rom and gapps again

edit: i have installed this one: https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps
the last one... what u recomend? fresh install with PA or dont change anything??

Last edited:

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
i have made an dirty update from 12, flashed some gapps that someone have remomended..

but i will flash these hope i dont have to flash rom and gapps again

edit: i have installed this one: https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps
the last one... what u recomend? fresh install with PA or dont change anything??

Does it work good with this one you have at the moment? If yes, let it like it is. If you have some problems, flash the PA gapps. But yours should also be OK :)

garth719

Oct 4, 2012
Been running this all day and only noticed a glitch in Bluetooth. It does connect but the sounds come out fuzzy and off.. Pretty solid though for so early. Using PA gapps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

kevinnol

Apr 24, 2011
How do I allocate more space in my system partition for the full version of gapps? I'm getting an error when I try to flash it.
Assuming you're using pa gapps, you have to set a .gapps-config or gapps-config.txt with a few exclusions

You can choose either the apps you WANT installed (called an Include Install) or the apps you DON'T WANT installed (default behavior - called an Exclude Install). To select ONLY the apps you WANT installed, add the word Include to your gapps-config file. The installer will now install ONLY THOSE APPS you have listed in your gapps-config. (Since the default behavior is an Exclude install, it is not necessary to add Exclude to your gapps-config). Stock/AOSP removals (see below) function the same whether you're doing an Include or Exclude Install.

Type the name of the application you want to Exclude/Include inside your gapps-config file.
Valid options are:
Books - To Exclude/Include Google Play Books [Stock/Full]
CalendarGoogle - To Exclude/Include Google Calendar [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
CalSync - To Exclude/Include Google Calendar Sync (installed by default when Google Calendar is NOT being installed) [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
CameraGoogle - To Exclude/Include Google Camera [Stock]
Chrome - To Exclude/Include Chrome Browser [Stock/Full]
CloudPrint - To Exclude/Include Cloud Print [Stock/Full]
Docs - To Exclude/Include Google Docs [Stock/Full]
Drive - To Exclude/Include Google Drive [Stock/Full]
Ears - To Exclude/Include Sound Search for Google Play [Stock/Full]
Earth - To Exclude/Include Google Earth [Stock/Full]
ExchangeGoogle - To Exclude/Include Google Exchange Services [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
FaceUnlock - To Exclude/Include FaceUnlock [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
Gmail - To Exclude/Include Gmail [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
GoogleNow - To Exclude/Include Google Now Launcher [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
GooglePlus - To Exclude/Include Google+ [Stock/Full/Mini]
GoogleTTS - To Exclude/Include Google Text-to-Speech [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
Hangouts - To Exclude/Include Hangouts [Stock/Full/Mini]
Keep - To Exclude/Include Google Keep [Stock/Full]
KeyboardGoogle - To Exclude/Include Google Keyboard [Stock]
Maps - To Exclude/Include Maps [Stock/Full/Mini]
Messenger - To Exclude/Include Messenger (not installed on tablet devices) [Stock/Full]
Movies - To Exclude/Include Google Play Movies & TV [Stock/Full]
Music - To Exclude/Include Google Play Music [Stock/Full]
NewsStand - To Exclude/Include Google Play Newsstand [Stock/Full]
NewsWidget - To Exclude/Include Google News & Weather [Stock/Full]
PlayGames - To Exclude/Include Google Play Games [Stock/Full]
Sheets - To Exclude/Include Google Sheets [Stock]
Slides - To Exclude/Include Google Slides [Stock]
Search - To Exclude [HIGHLIGHT]BOTH[/HIGHLIGHT] Google Search [HIGHLIGHT]AND[/HIGHLIGHT] Google Now Launcher [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano]
OR
Search - To Include Google Search [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano]
Speech - To Exclude/Include off-line Speech files (Required for off-line "Okay Google" support) [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano]
Street - To Exclude/Include Street View on Google Maps [Stock/Full/Mini]
Sunbeam - To Exclude/Include the Sun Beam Live Wallpaper [Stock/Full]
Talkback - To Exclude/Include TalkBack [Stock/Full]
Wallet - To Exclude/Include Google Wallet [Stock/Full]
YouTube - To Exclude/Include YouTube [Stock/Full/Mini]

To manage the removal of certain Stock/AOSP applications type the name of the application inside your gapps-config file.
Valid options are:
Browser - To remove the Stock/AOSP Browser
CalendarStock - To remove the Stock/AOSP Calendar Application (automatically removed when Google Calendar is installed)
CameraStock - To remove the Stock/AOSP Camera Application (automatically removed when Google Camera is installed)
Email - To remove the Stock/AOSP Email Application
ExchangeStock - To remove the Stock/AOSP Exchange Services (automatically removed when Google Exchange Services is installed)
Gallery - To remove the Stock/AOSP Gallery
KeyboardStock - To remove the Stock/AOSP Keyboard (automatically removed when Google Keyboard is installed)
Launcher - To remove the Stock/AOSP Launcher(s)
MMS - To remove the Stock/AOSP SMS Application
PicoTTS - To remove the Stock/AOSP PicoTTS
Studio - To remove the Stock/AOSP Movie Studio Application

The information below pertains ONLY to Google Stock GApps packages.
To bypass the default removal of certain Stock/AOSP apps when using Google Stock GApps, type the name of the app preceded by a '+' as shown below:
+Browser - To bypass the automatic removal of Stock/AOSP Browser [Stock ONLY]
+Email - To bypass the automatic removal of Stock/AOSP Email Application [Stock ONLY]
+Gallery - To bypass the automatic removal of Stock/AOSP Gallery Application [Stock ONLY]
+Launcher - To bypass the automatic removal of Stock/AOSP Launcher(s) [Stock ONLY]
+MMS - To bypass the automatic removal of Stock/AOSP SMS Application [Stock ONLY]
+PicoTTS - To bypass the automatic removal of the Stock/AOSP PicoTTS app [Stock ONLY]

NOTE: The installer will not automatically remove the Stock/AOSP application if its Google counterpart is NOT being installed. For example, if you are NOT installing Hangouts or Messenger, then the Stock MMS app will NOT automatically be removed (although you can still force its removal by adding it to your gapps-config). The same is true for Google Camera|Stock Camera, Gmail|Stock Email, Google Keyboard|Stock Keyboard, Google+|Gallery, Google Now Launcher|Stock Launcher, GoogleTTS|PicoTTS, and Google Calendar|Stock Calendar.​

Last edited:

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
for some reason i can't check for OTA updates on my phone. Is it because i uninstalled some preloaded system apps? i have the Jan. 11 version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    2. Download the zip(s).
    3. Install a compatible Recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Changelog:
    Click here

Downloads:
    Official CM12 Nightlies are here.
    PA GAPPS for Android 5.0.x here.

Bugreport: On nightlies, you don't have to report bugs here, if you wish to, you can do that here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy.

PS: I didn't built that rom, I don't even know if I can do that here, otherwise I will close this thread again. Please tell me that! Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM12 Nighlies for Nexus 4, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nexus 4, Custom recovery
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-14
    Last Updated 2015-01-14
    CM 12 Nightly 14 - 19 Changelog Video

hi guys, video for this week is finish :D
    for someone who wonder what is new feature for some nightly maybe you can watch my video :eek:

CM 12 Nightly 14 - 19
    What's new :
    hi guys, i made a short video about cm 12 for nexus 4 :D
    for someone who wonder what is new feature for some nightly maybe you can watch my video :eek:

CM 12 Nightly 11 - 13
    What's new :
    http://youtu.be/aBCuPfxfr98
    CM 12 Nightly 27 - 02 Changelog Video

Hi guys, video for this week is here. :laugh: or someone who wonder what is new feature for some nightly maybe you can watch my video. :angel:

Credit
    If people want me to stop please say so

New Nightly is out!
    31/01/15
    Noteable Changes:
    • New dark boot animation!
    • Navigation bar fixes
    • Setup wizard fixes (crash when no gsm)

Here are the MINI Paranoid Android gapps. Full Stock is too big for our phones! You can still download the google apps you miss from the play store (they will go on your data partition instead)

[Mini PA 2015-01-25]

Pro tip: Use CyanDelta to stay up to date with the nightlies and only download 5-20mb delta updates

Pro tip #2: Always backup your phone with TWRP/CWM etc before flashing a new nightly!