[ROM][Official][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12

Search This thread

JohNNyum

Feb 26, 2015
Hello,

Love the April Fools prank. Brilliant!

Is a clean flash required for the app drawer icon to change to the Windows icon? It's still the original icon for me.

Keep up the great work!

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Hello there,
I Believe it doesn't matter, as long you flash the 01/april nightly

JohNNyum

Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running the 1st April nightly and the app draw icon is still the original icon. No Windows icon. Not really an issue. Just would like it there for the hell of it :p

Steve

Hey Steve!
Then go like me, full wipe and apply and flash. I do full wipe all the time.

But before you go for full wipe, try use the original Trebuchet launcher instead of Google now, in case you have it.
I've because I'm running the PA-Gapps

Reactions: Steve Geemaggio

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running the 1st April nightly and the app draw icon is still the original icon. No Windows icon. Not really an issue. Just would like it there for the hell of it :p

Steve

same here. just saw "powered by Microsoft". no app drawer icon. no worries. was a good April 1 laugh.

Reactions: ench18

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
How to enable nav bar?

Normally it was thru settings/button.

Or did they not put it in yet?

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
occasionally I get error cannot receive calls. i can hear ring, when press to answer, call goes dead. anyone else? April 1 nightly. (if not, might be time for a full wipe again)

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
occasionally I get error cannot receive calls. i can hear ring, when press to answer, call goes dead. anyone else? April 1 nightly. (if not, might be time for a full wipe again)

I think it's that time when you must do a full clean install. ;) I'll be doing mine on the 3rd build of this month comes out. Still no problems on my end and no errors when getting or making calls.

Reactions: simonbigwave

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
I think it's that time when you must do a full clean install. ;) I'll be doing mine on the 3rd build of this month comes out. Still no problems on my end and no errors when getting or making calls.
tks anyway. i reflashed the 1 april nightly, and just wiped cache and Dalvik again and reboot. all ok now. answer calls ok also, and trebuchet has windows logo.

Reactions: ench18

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Anybody have the Trebuchet launcher .apk? I'm using the last update of PAGapps full and i can't seem to find any .apk for the cm12 Trebuchet launcher. Thanks in advance :)

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

01/04 is very stable for me. 02/04 just appeared but very little in the change log. Anyone tried it yet?

Been using 2nd April build for an hour now. Still a solid build! :good:

Reactions: jd1001

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Anybody have the Trebuchet launcher .apk? I'm using the last update of PAGapps full and i can't seem to find any .apk for the cm12 Trebuchet launcher. Thanks in advance :)

Can you not just enable it from Settings-Home? Or do you specifically want the apk?

I don't have the Trebuchet launcher just Google launcher. My fault on my last post that i wrote "Full PAGapps" what i meant to say was "Stock PAGapps". so it doesn't have the Trebuchet launcher. And yes just the the .apk if possible my good man.

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
I don't have the Trebuchet launcher just Google launcher. My fault on my last post that i wrote "Full PAGapps" what i meant to say was "Stock PAGapps". so it doesn't have the Trebuchet launcher. And yes just the the .apk if possible my good man.

Here you go - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57653346&postcount=52[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much man! :)

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Trebuchet is embedded in the ROM.

It depends on what kind of Gapps you have too.

Last edited:

Steve Geemaggio

Sep 3, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey Steve!
Then go like me, full wipe and apply and flash. I do full wipe all the time.

But before you go for full wipe, try use the original Trebuchet launcher instead of Google now, in case you have it.
I've because I'm running the PA-Gapps

Thanks @JohNNyum,

I believe the Windows app drawer icon wasn't displaying for me due to whatever Gapps I had installed previously.

I wiped data, system, cache and dalvik. Flashed the April 1st Nightly and then flashed the Gapps zip attached to this thread and sure enough, the app draw icon is now a little Windows icon :p

I hate how Gapps messed around so much with the default look and feel of CyanogenMod. Not cool! Anyway, all is good now.

Thanks for the help and keep up the great work!

Steve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    newtom-albums-l-picture7538-cm12-offbu.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.0

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-20

Created 2015-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-06-04
    Tips
    • To activate Developer settings: Settings -> About phone -> press Build number 7 consecutive times
    • To activate 3-way reboot go to Developer settings and tick "Advanced reboot"
    • Root is disabled by default, enable it from Developer settings - Root access
    Clearly wrote in OP

This is not the place to talk about custom kernels, don't report bugs/errors if you use one.

I know that me and @alucard_24 work together on our custom ROM but this is official CM.

Original Alucard kernel isn't updated with new stuff, this means broken sensors etc. Only Alucard in our CM custom builds is updated for now (we had to test it, that's why you still don't have an update available)

GPE system size is being fixed in upcoming build

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    For those having a greenish screen on latest nightly:
    Go to Settings -> Display & LED -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration and set all sliders to about 50% (I have red=50%, green=47%, blue=51%)
    Then press OK, switch off the screen (power button) and switch on again -> voilà, natural colors!
    Till 1st lollipop snapshot is released :D:D