[ROM][Official][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12

Search This thread

dengor

Jan 13, 2015
Wow, the recent couple of updates have caused my phone to be very hot and battery is draining super quick!!!

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
Go to settings/buttons/Enable on-screen nav bar
Thx, for youre reply.

There is no "Enable on-screen nav bar" settings.

I am on the latest version of cm12.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Thx, for youre reply.

Any ideas?

Edit: I had a xposed module on, witch prevented that option. Deleted xposed and I got the option.

Now running stock cm12.

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Thx, for youre reply.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Edit: I had a xposed module on, witch prevented that option. Deleted xposed and I got the option.

Now running stock cm12.

As much as i love to use xposed again on CM12 lollipop... I'd rather wait till its out of the Alpha stage and have my phone running without any kind of problems that it may encounter. That's good to hear that you solved your problem ;)

Reactions: nextrow

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
When screen brightness goes below 70/80%. The half of my screen begins to flicker, with green lines across the screen.

Got this problem sins the beginning of cm12.

Really annoying that i always need to turn up the brightness so high that it goes away.

Is this a common problem?

szafran81

Aug 20, 2010
Sosnowiec
Getting back to Stock

Hi Guys,

I want to sell my S4, but I need to get back to Stock before I do that.
I've downloaded "I9505XXUHOB7_I9505XEOHOB3_I9505XXUHOB7_HOME.tar.md5" from samsung-updates.com
I'm trying to flash it using Odin 3.07, and I'm getting:
Code:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any ideas on how to properly flash that ROM ?

jd1001

Nov 24, 2011
Hi Guys,

I've downloaded "I9505XXUHOB7_I9505XEOHOB3_I9505XXUHOB7_HOME.tar.md5" from samsung-updates.com
Code:

This has nothing to do with this ROM development. Go to a general s4 Q&A section.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

When screen brightness goes below 70/80%. The half of my screen begins to flicker, with green lines across the screen.

Got this problem sins the beginning of cm12.

Really annoying that i always need to turn up the brightness so high that it goes away.

Is this a common problem?

I just tried to get the problem you are having and it does not happen me, maybe a full wipe? Turn off live display maybe?

Reactions: nextrow

AntaresOne

Recognized Developer
Sep 30, 2013
Chieti, Italy
www.antaresone.eu
Hi Guys,

Code:

Thanks for your "help".

I was having problems getting back from THIS ROM to the Stock ROM - so let's agree to disagree.

Anyways nevermind - allready fixed it.

Man we have some rules that everyone must respect, this absolutely isn't the right place to ask for how go back to stock ROM. You can't ask wherever you like only because you used this ROM.

"Thanks for your "help"" is impolite too... Got the point now?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

cmlewan

Dec 9, 2008
Lund, Skåne
www.maltelewan.com
Oh, these meta discussions. Instead of just leaving questions that you deem in the wrong place....

That being said, I think you're doing a fantastic work, AntaresOne! I just donated some money, that you should have by now.

Malte

Man we have some rules that everyone must respect, this absolutely isn't the right place to ask for how go back to stock ROM. You can't ask wherever you like only because you used this ROM.

"Thanks for your "help"" is impolite too... Got the point now?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

Reactions: AntaresOne

No Expert

Nov 27, 2011
Slow charging

Hi,

is anyone else experiencing slow charging times?
I did a full wipe before updating but since switching to CM12 my charging times are painfully slow.
Takes 4+ hrs for a full charge...

Thanks

RDoughBoy

Jun 5, 2013
Mississauga
Hi,

is anyone else experiencing slow charging times?
I did a full wipe before updating but since switching to CM12 my charging times are painfully slow.
Takes 4+ hrs for a full charge...

Thanks

Charging is fine for me. Are you using the stock Samsung charger? You can use an app called Ampere from the play store to measure how much your charger is putting out. It should be 1900mA with the stock charger.

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
This has nothing to do with this ROM development. Go to a general s4 Q&A section.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I just tried to get the problem you are having and it does not happen me, maybe a full wipe? Turn off live display maybe?

Did a full wipe, reinstalled cm12 with gapps. It's only getting worse!

uploadfromtaptalk1428214441790.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    newtom-albums-l-picture7538-cm12-offbu.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.0

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-20

Created 2015-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-06-04
    Tips
    • To activate Developer settings: Settings -> About phone -> press Build number 7 consecutive times
    • To activate 3-way reboot go to Developer settings and tick "Advanced reboot"
    • Root is disabled by default, enable it from Developer settings - Root access
    Clearly wrote in OP

This is not the place to talk about custom kernels, don't report bugs/errors if you use one.

I know that me and @alucard_24 work together on our custom ROM but this is official CM.

Original Alucard kernel isn't updated with new stuff, this means broken sensors etc. Only Alucard in our CM custom builds is updated for now (we had to test it, that's why you still don't have an update available)

GPE system size is being fixed in upcoming build

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    For those having a greenish screen on latest nightly:
    Go to Settings -> Display & LED -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration and set all sliders to about 50% (I have red=50%, green=47%, blue=51%)
    Then press OK, switch off the screen (power button) and switch on again -> voilà, natural colors!
    Till 1st lollipop snapshot is released :D:D