[ROM][Official][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12

Search This thread

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Did a full wipe, reinstalled cm12 with gapps. It's only getting worse!

View attachment 3245862

You might want to consider going back to TW stock then see if this certain problem still happens. If it does show all those green lines and flickering on stock, then it's not CM12 and most definitely not Stock TW. Its your phone. Also, what firmware base are you using? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Reactions: nextrow

addiepats

Dec 11, 2013
cant connect to camera

After taking a few shots with the google camera app then exit, when i open the app again it would say cant connect to camera. Happens most of the time. Anyone know a fix?

DSA

May 15, 2011
After taking a few shots with the google camera app then exit, when i open the app again it would say cant connect to camera. Happens most of the time. Anyone know a fix?

Use a different camera

How to display "day of week" next to clock in status bar? GravityBox (lollipop version) do not display.

Gravitybox is not to be used on custom ROMs as stated in the op of that thread

Google camera from the playstore

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

What?

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
You might want to consider going back to TW stock then see if this certain problem still happens. If it does show all those green lines and flickering on stock, then it's not CM12 and most definitely not Stock TW. Its your phone. Also, what firmware base are you using? Hope you don't mind me asking.
Thx for youre reply. I will install TW rom en see if it goes away. I hope it not a phone (hardware) problem. :(

uploadfromtaptalk1428267831749.png

mr.raw

Feb 16, 2010
Bluetooth Issues

Great Rom and the battery life is amazing, but hands free Bluetooth when connecting to my car does not work. It cuts in and out.
I did read about older versions of this rom with the same issues,and for me sadly the same with the latest build.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines

I posted an alternative camera app a couple pages back. Open Camera It's a good simple alternative if our stock cam or Google cam go bonkers. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Thx for youre reply. I will install TW rom en see if it goes away. I hope it not a phone (hardware) problem. :(

View attachment 3247126

Try to install one of the 3 TW lollipop firmwares. :D Then install CM12 again :D I too hope it isn't your phone my friend. Best of luck buddy.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

How to display "day of week" next to clock in status bar? GravityBox (lollipop version) do not display.

Sorry friend but Xposed doesn't really play well with pure CM12 yet. :(

ekaj98x

Oct 8, 2011
on 04/04 nightly I have no data connection? I've restarted the phone and cleared the cache but nothing seems to fix it, anyone else have having this?
Nevermind, fixed itself after a few hours :)

Last edited:

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
I posted an alternative camera app a couple pages back. Open Camera It's a good simple alternative if our stock cam or Google cam go bonkers. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Try to install one of the 3 TW lollipop firmwares. :D Then install CM12 again :D I too hope it isn't your phone my friend. Best of luck buddy.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Sorry friend but Xposed doesn't really play well with pure CM12 yet. :(
I tested it out with different roms. Even in recovery i get green lines. Seems like my phone is broke. Tested it with google ROM tw ROM and cm12.

No luck. Think its a hardware problemen :( :( :(

This sucks so bad. Well now iam gonna keep my eyes open for a new phone :(

Thx for the help. If you know what rhe problem is or anything els, please let me know. Maybe some of you know witch hardware is the problem maybe i can replace it.

Last edited:

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
Can one hint me: I installed CM12 on my SGS4 where I have a 64 GB external SD-Card.
Now I notice that this sdcard is read only. In Terminal (through SSH, as root user) I get always read-only file system for a try to delete or rename a file:
Code:
1|root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 # ls -al
-rwxrwxr-x root     sdcard_rw  10 2015-03-23 00:05 test.txt
root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 # rm test.txt
rm: test.txt: Read-only file system
1|root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 #
This is my storage folder:
Code:
root@jfltexx:/ # ls -al /storage/
dr-xr-xr-x root     root              2015-04-05 15:16 emulated
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2015-04-05 15:18 extSdCard -> /storage/sdcard1
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2015-04-05 15:14 sdcard0 -> /storage/emulated/legacy
drwxrwxr-x root     sdcard_rw          2015-04-05 11:55 sdcard1
drwx------ root     root              2015-04-05 11:55 usbdisk

I tried a lot now with a init.d script which is not working and then a tasker task done on boot but the external SD-card remains Read-Only.
I thought with Android 5 the restriction to write on external sd was partly removed and anyway on CM there is no such silliness?

I would like to give permission 777 to the whole ext. sdcard, as I don't need any restrictions. I hate this in my case useless permissions and restrictions. This is many hours now, that I struggle with this issue and I dont see land.
Possible?

Thanks

Last edited:

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Can one hint me: I installed CM12 on my SGS4 where I have a 64 GB external SD-Card.
Now I notice that this sdcard is read only. In Terminal (through SSH, as root user) I get always read-only file system for a try to delete or rename a file:
Code:
1|root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 # ls -al
-rwxrwxr-x root     sdcard_rw  10 2015-03-23 00:05 test.txt
root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 # rm test.txt
rm: test.txt: Read-only file system
1|root@jfltexx:/storage/sdcard1 #
This is my storage folder:
Code:
root@jfltexx:/ # ls -al /storage/
dr-xr-xr-x root     root              2015-04-05 15:16 emulated
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2015-04-05 15:18 extSdCard -> /storage/sdcard1
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2015-04-05 15:14 sdcard0 -> /storage/emulated/legacy
drwxrwxr-x root     sdcard_rw          2015-04-05 11:55 sdcard1
drwx------ root     root              2015-04-05 11:55 usbdisk

I tried a lot now with a init.d script which is not working and then a tasker task done on boot but the external SD-card remains Read-Only.
I thought with Android 5 the restriction to write on external sd was partly removed and anyway on CM there is no such silliness?

I would like to give permission 777 to the whole ext. sdcard, as I don't need any restrictions. I hate this in my case useless permissions and restrictions. This is many hours now, that I struggle with this issue and I dont see land.
Possible?

Thanks

Backup and reformat your card? I have no such issue. I had an SD card do this to me once but it turned out to be faulty.

I for one am having very few issues with my SGS4 right now... which is weird, and great :good: I think a donation is in order!

Last edited:
Reactions: francwalter

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
I tested it out with different roms. Even in recovery i get green lines. Seems like my phone is broke. Tested it with google ROM tw ROM and cm12.

No luck. Think its a hardware problemen :( :( :(

This sucks so bad. Well now iam gonna keep my eyes open for a new phone :(

Thx for the help. If you know what rhe problem is or anything els, please let me know. Maybe some of you know witch hardware is the problem maybe i can replace it.

I'm so sorry to hear that man. You might want to consider bringing it to someone who knows how to check your screen or board. Like a technician.

addiepats

Dec 11, 2013
Hows the latesy nightly so far? Having bluetooth issues on 3/27 build. It turns off after playing one song. Then reconnecr again, then after another song it would turn off again

nextrow

Jan 24, 2011
I'm so sorry to hear that man. You might want to consider bringing it to someone who knows how to check your screen or board. Like a technician.
Yeah, youre right. I will bring it to the store and see what is wrong with it. Hopefully it won't be to expensive!

I read on the Internet that more ppl got this problem. Not only with the s4 but s3, Note.

So it is definitely a hardware issue! Tried a few roms, kernels, RIL, baseband and different versions, Kitkat and lollipop. Still no luck. I found out that it was a hardware issue because the same green lines I got in recovery and even when my phone is off with the batt logo. Still the same green lines. So it's not cm12 related! Wait, that means this is the wrong thread!! :eek:

When brightness is up by 80% no green lines.

The only fix that I could find was go to the store and get it fixed, lool.

Thanks for the help, it's being appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ench18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    newtom-albums-l-picture7538-cm12-offbu.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.0 builds for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.0

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-20

Created 2015-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-06-04
    Tips
    • To activate Developer settings: Settings -> About phone -> press Build number 7 consecutive times
    • To activate 3-way reboot go to Developer settings and tick "Advanced reboot"
    • Root is disabled by default, enable it from Developer settings - Root access
    Clearly wrote in OP

This is not the place to talk about custom kernels, don't report bugs/errors if you use one.

I know that me and @alucard_24 work together on our custom ROM but this is official CM.

Original Alucard kernel isn't updated with new stuff, this means broken sensors etc. Only Alucard in our CM custom builds is updated for now (we had to test it, that's why you still don't have an update available)

GPE system size is being fixed in upcoming build

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    For those having a greenish screen on latest nightly:
    Go to Settings -> Display & LED -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration and set all sliders to about 50% (I have red=50%, green=47%, blue=51%)
    Then press OK, switch off the screen (power button) and switch on again -> voilà, natural colors!
    Till 1st lollipop snapshot is released :D:D