[ROM] [OFFICIAL][5.0.2] NamelessROM [HAMMERHEAD]

Search This thread

G3Denver

Nov 27, 2012
I have no idea about the multirom issue.

A new build is online:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/namelessrom/files/n-2.0/hammerhead/
Additions to previous build:
-With regard to the messaging app, the own profile picture works now
-The dialer had some issues with showing photo of contact calling, for me it is working now (although it seemed to be a fluctuating issue, don't know why)
-First version of QS tile customization
-Quick unlock and pinpad scrambling.
-Hardware-based encryption (from myfluxi) to improve encryption speed.
-NamelessOTA has been added, so that new builds should be OTA (not yet tested).

What about nightly automated builds?

CaptainJimo

Apr 15, 2013
steamcommunity.com
Good ROM but...

The ROM is very stable, and with very good performance(almost 42000 score in antutu). But settings FC when trying to open "sound and notification" tab, also the battery is drained quite fast.
Thanks for the cool rom and keep up the good work.

P.S sorry if there are any mistakes but I'm not a native speaker.

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Latest update should solve the FC.
Delta updates will be difficult, as we use block based flashing (you only see a few files in the zip) - flashing is way quicker that way BTW

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Sorry for being a noob here, but I have tried to flash the rom with franco kernel and it won't boot at all. I understand that this is a CAF rom so I have flashed the CAF kernel patch before flashing the kernel, but the rom still goes full potato and sits at the bootloader screen. Any pointers?

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
this is based on cm12 right?
Yep. Main differences from CM12 are in OP

Sorry for being a noob here, but I have tried to flash the rom with franco kernel and it won't boot at all. I understand that this is a CAF rom so I have flashed the CAF kernel patch before flashing the kernel, but the rom still goes full potato and sits at the bootloader screen. Any pointers?
I haven't tried at all. Every build has many changes to kernel which are not (yet?!) in mainline CM12, so other kernels may be problematic.

Reactions: aR_ChRiS

Joshmccullough

Apr 24, 2011

If I understand correctly, you're flashing both the ROM _and_ Franco Kernel at the same time? I'd recommend flashing the ROM, booting it up, setting everything up, making a backup/nandroid, and then going for the kernel flash. I've run into some issues flashing both at the same time on various ROMs.

If you mean "I flashed the ROM, I've been messing around with it, and then I tried to flash the kernel and it borked".....then disregard everything I just said and take back the last 5 seconds of your life :)

Reactions: aR_ChRiS

gamer.11

Dec 11, 2012
Ernakulam

Shouldn't you flash the patch "after" flashing kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is NamelessROM ?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own. See the screenshots in the 3rd post, and visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

Features List
    This ROM is based on CyanogenMOD 12 with CAF additions (thanks to myfluxi!), but has many unique features developed by the Nameless team:

NamelessROM own Features (WIP for lollipop, more features will come)
    • NamelessROM Setup Wizard (replaces Google SetupWizard) (WIP)
    • DeviceControl App - Allows for device-specific customizations
    • NamelessROM OTA Update Center (WIP)
    • Screencast (very versatile screenrecording app)
    • On-the-go mode (WIP)
    • Modified Launcher

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Make sure you are on lollipop bootloader
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!​

Downloads
    ROM:
    ROM download

Gapps:
    For example:
    Gapps

Contributions and Credit

• CyanogenMod
    • Android/Google/AOSP
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

XDA:DevDB Information
    NamelesROM, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    kasper_h, Evisceration, dhiru1602
    Source Code: https://www.github.com/NamelessRom

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-12-31
    Last Updated 2014-12-31​
    System updates will provide OTA updates with changelog in the next days. Nightlies to start soon as well
    New build online. From now on, new builds will be available through our team's sourceforge site:
    Just uploaded a new update with many changes (themes, volume control, fixes for systemui, improved kernel)
    I have no idea about the multirom issue.

A new build is online:
    Additions to previous build:
    -With regard to the messaging app, the own profile picture works now
    -The dialer had some issues with showing photo of contact calling, for me it is working now (although it seemed to be a fluctuating issue, don't know why)
    -First version of QS tile customization
    -Quick unlock and pinpad scrambling.
    -Hardware-based encryption (from myfluxi) to improve encryption speed.
    -NamelessOTA has been added, so that new builds should be OTA (not yet tested).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone