[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.1.1][LAYERS][UBER] Minimal OS [2015-09-28]

Search This thread

indian84

Mar 30, 2012
Doha
Love the ROM. Eagerly waiting for the next release.

Just wanted to confirm, if the the ROM uses AK Kernel ? (I do see it during boot)
I tried to flash the latest AK kernel, but it wouldn't boot (GUI will crash)

This final release for Lollipop. You don't need to flash ak kernel. The ROM ships with an kernel...

Reactions: zeus_hunt

phanitej

Nov 7, 2010
Hyderabad
I normally don't use a Rom for more than 3 days(flashaholic instincts you see ?). When this Rom was released I used it for more than a week. That was the first time I used something on this phone for such a long time. But later shifted back to sim saber and then shuffled between temasek and ss for sometime and later settled with SS caf version for quiet sometime. The primary reason was the battery back up. I'm a heavy user, play lot of games, never use my phone for just browsing. The only thing that I read on my phone is xda on tapatalk. My 3g is always on (we don't have free WiFi yet in India in many places). A lot of signal drops at work due to low signal coverage. That means, my battery dies pretty quick before I cone back home and charge my phone(i hate to carry the big power banks or keep my phone on charger/USB at work). I missed the option of tweaking my gpu/cpu speeds, I have a pvs bin 7, can go up to -80v UV to keep my phone cooler(that's the max I dared to lower the voltage). With no custom kernel working it made my day difficult to keep the phone as a daily driver.

I'm a nexus device guy, to be honest this is my second non nexus device in the past 7+ years. I'm so used to the amazing developer community of nexus devices, and minimal OS(ex SimpleOS) was my favorite since kitkat(still have the same OS on both my nexus 5 and nexus 7 3g).
I flashed this Rom almost a month ago and found a custom version of ak (with all the options to tweak), and I'm just loving it. Haven't switched to any other Rom since then. For a heavy user like me, i get a good 3.5hrs SOT (I just don't look at it cos I know my usage but checked on this Rom). To be honest, this had given me the best battery life without any lag/sod since I have installed it. I'm gonna setup my machine again today to build my personal version of minimal.
I just want to thank the developers to get me stuck on a Rom for such a long time.

I'm just waiting for the marshmallow to become stable for our beloved opo so that minimal is back with the latest version.

Sent from Nowhere

srikanth_s

Jul 6, 2012
Bangalore
I normally don't use a Rom for more than 3 days(flashaholic instincts you see ). When this Rom was released I used it for more than a week. That was the first time I used something on this phone for such a long time. But later shifted back to sim saber and then shuffled between temasek and ss for sometime and later settled with SS caf version for quiet sometime. The primary reason was the battery back up. I'm a heavy user, play lot of games, never use my phone for just browsing. The only thing that I read on my phone is xda on tapatalk. My 3g is always on (we don't have free WiFi yet in India in many places). A lot of signal drops at work due to low signal coverage. That means, my battery dies pretty quick before I cone back home and charge my phone(i hate to carry the big power banks or keep my phone on charger/USB at work). I missed the option of tweaking my gpu/cpu speeds, I have a pvs bin 7, can go up to -80v UV to keep my phone cooler(that's the max I dared to lower the voltage). With no custom kernel working it made my day difficult to keep the phone as a daily driver.

I'm a nexus device guy, to be honest this is my second non nexus device in the past 7+ years. I'm so used to the amazing developer community of nexus devices, and minimal OS(ex SimpleOS) was my favorite since kitkat(still have the same OS on both my nexus 5 and nexus 7 3g).
I flashed this Rom almost a month ago and found a custom version of ak (with all the options to tweak), and I'm just loving it. Haven't switched to any other Rom since then. For a heavy user like me, i get a good 3.5hrs SOT (I just don't look at it cos I know my usage but checked on this Rom). To be honest, this had given me the best battery life without any lag/sod since I have installed it. I'm gonna setup my machine again today to build my personal version of minimal.
I just want to thank the developers to get me stuck on a Rom for such a long time.

I'm just waiting for the marshmallow to become stable for our beloved opo so that minimal is back with the latest version.

Sent from Nowhere
+1
@marshmallow , Good job on this really awesome ROM. Any new update?

phanitej

Nov 7, 2010
Hyderabad
I tried to flash AK #311 but systemui crashed.
You wont be able to flash any other kernel on this ROM. Use the one that is built in to the ROM. It is the custom AK kernel. Use the zip I provided above to tweak the kernel settings using synapse. Any other kernel will lead to a boot loop

cooljay5

Jan 6, 2013
You wont be able to flash any other kernel on this ROM. Use the one that is built in to the ROM. It is the custom AK kernel. Use the zip I provided above to tweak the kernel settings using synapse. Any other kernel will lead to a boot loop

I was on VMOS12. did a clean flash. now I"m not able to use camera. It is not appearing in appdrawer. the camera icon on home screen is giving FC. Can someone please help:confused:

indian84

Mar 30, 2012
Doha
I was on VMOS12. did a clean flash. now I"m not able to use camera. It is not appearing in appdrawer. the camera icon on home screen is giving FC. Can someone please help:confused:

There is no camera in the ROM. Just install Google Camera from Play Store or get any of your favorite camera app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][5.1.1][LAYERS][UBER] Minimal OS [2015-09-28]

xda-header.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:

Memory leak fixes and other fixes from AOSP.
    Layers 2.1 Support [Latest].
    UBER Toolchain 4.9.4.
    GRAPHITE, GCCONLY, KRAIT, FFAST MATH Optimizations.
    Disabled Fullscreen Keyboard in Landscape.
    Notification Ticker.
    Statusbar Brightness Control.
    Show Notification Count.
    Double-tap Statubar or Navbar to sleep.
    Clock Customization [Left,Center,Right].
    Headsup Swipe.
    Battery Status Style.
    Privacy Guard.
    Blacklist.
    Filter Notifications.
    Smart Call.
    Smart Mute.
    Detailed Caller Information.
    Phone Number Lookup.
    Quick Pin Unlock.
    Gesture Unlock.
    Quick Settings.
    Quick Pulldown.
    Show Weather [It will be removed soon].
    Ability to disable Heads up.
    Force Expanded Notification.
    Advanced Reboot.
    Screen Record.
    Clear All Recents [Top right, Top left, Top center, Bottom right, Bottom left, Bottom center].
    Show Search Bar in Recents Menu.
    LCD Density.
    Navbar Customization.
    Navrings Customization.
    Re-Orient Volume Buttons.
    Expanded Desktop.
    Ambient Display Customization.
    Silent Mode.
    Battery Light Customization.
    LED Notification Customization.

Download:

HubDroid[/URL

How to install:

Download the ROM
    Copy the ROM to your SD Card
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
    Install the ROM
    Reboot

Screenshots:

Changelog:
    Code:
    2015-07-21
    * UBER toolchain 4.9.4.
    * GRAPHITE, GCCONLY, FFAST MATH, KRAIT Optimizations.
    * Open delta (Settings > About Phone > Minimal updates).
    * Updated APNs.
    * Cleaned up our vendor and removed some redundant strings.
    * Re-organized Settings.
    * Disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape (Hard Coded).

2015-07-11
    * Initial Release.

Sources: [URL="https://github.com/MinimalOS"]MinimalOS Github

Contributors:
    @CallMeAldy - Lead Developer
    @Kr3acher - Contributor
    @dark-falcon - Contributor
    @Bgill55 - Contributor
    @is0l4ted - Maintainer

Credits:
    Android Open Source Project..
    CyanogenMod.
    XenonHD.
    CrDroid.
    All developers that helped us with their code.

XDA:DevDB Information
    MinimalOS for OnePlus One, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    is0l4ted, CallMeAldy
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/MinimalOS

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-28

Created 2015-07-11
    Last Updated 2015-09-29
    A kind note to the people bashing the ROM​

Let's enlighten some of y'all what minimal really means. CLICK HERE TO BE ENLIGHTENED.

Now let's get to business.

The ROM is how WE want it to be and it'll stay how WE want it to stay. We have worked on the ROM for more than a month.

And to everybody who knows what minimal really means and to the people who are supporting us. Thank you and we'll continue providing updates while ignore the bashers ;)

Take it or leave it. You bash it, we ignore it.
    This is kinda sad that we get a new ROM and the trend is now to bash them from the very beginning
    The issue has been fixed. New build will drop by soon.
    Well i'm not judging the CM by their cover nor i'm saying that it's not a good rom. But as of now, it really is full of bugs. But i'll never forget the 3 years that i was able to use my device only because of CM. My galaxy ace and galaxy s3. So you don't you judge someone else either from comments. I stopped respecting Cyanogen Inc. though and i don't give two ****s if the company will fail.

Well the post stated 'cm based roms are full of bugs' and you second that with your post so all I meant is that don't judge (Minimal OS) because it's based on CM because it is not CM.

Fun facts to clear your assumption.

The rom is being kept close to AOSP.
    It has been tested on G+ for over a month.
    It does not have all of CM's bloat and apps.
    The reason we tested the rom on G+ and not on XDA for such a long time was so that we can write such (this) post with confidence because somewhere down the line assumptions have become too common these days ;)

Cheers fellow country men.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone