[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies Nexus 4 (Mako)

Search This thread

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
strange, i could not get flow working on super swiftkey or normal swiftkey.
Dont know whats wrong. Go keyboard and swype worked.

xatornet

Mar 14, 2011
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Hey, I've downloaded TWRP Multirom, and formatted Data, Cache, System to F2FS succesfully. But, having flashed today's nightly gives me bootloop. What did you do to boot with F2FS enabled? Sorry for my english :p

Jul 24, 2011
Hey,

I wanna try out CM, currently running on 4.4.4.
Is there a Nightly you would suggest to take or just use the latest?

dragos281993

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
What kernel are you using?

I'm using Quanta-v4, with interactive (CPU)+ ondemand (GPU)+ deadline (I/0). So far it appears to be the best kernel when it comes to great performance and good battery life at the same time. Plus that you can OC the CPU a little bit from 1512 MHz to 1620 or even 1728 MHz.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Hey,

I wanna try out CM, currently running on 4.4.4.
Is there a Nightly you would suggest to take or just use the latest?

You should go for the latest nightly, of course. Be sure to make a factory reset with all the wipes needed (if you want no errors), and be careful to flash the correct version of Gapps and your device will "fly without turbulence". Also flash Quanta-v4 which you can control with "Kernel Adiutor" found in the Play Store and you'll have all the tweaking you need, if you're interested in that, plus lots of gamma profiles meant to make your device's display look much better (currently using "obsanity amoled" for it is the best option so far, imo).
>>> So after "consuming" the well known KitKat, take a sip of water and try the new "Lollipop". Hopefully you'll feel its taste, cause as we all know, pretty much everything tastes like nothing after you eat a good chocolate bar. LOL. But this particular Lollipop will blow your mind, believe me.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Did you have to reset your device or can you convert an existing installation?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well, when you change the file system format, you basically erase everything. The instructions I followed tells you how to backup the "data" partition and restore after you change the file system from ext4 to f2fs, but no matter what I tried, the backup folder didn't show up anywhere in my device after I had pushed it with adb. So you can say that it was a clean install. And not to forget to mention, I didn't follow the "all f2fs..." tutorial cause the instructions were made by its creator in a hurry, I assume, and I couldn't boot my device. And I tried that tutorial more than once and still didn't work. If you want, I can give you the tutorial I followed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumbumquietsch

kajukas

Jun 11, 2012
hello,

is it possibleto update Nexus from 5.01 to 5.1 via dirty update? and how to do that? CyanDelta shows only 5.01 update..
Thanks!

Jul 24, 2011
I'm using Quanta-v4, with interactive (CPU)+ ondemand (GPU)+ deadline (I/0). So far it appears to be the best kernel when it comes to great performance and good battery life at the same time. Plus that you can OC the CPU a little bit from 1512 MHz to 1620 or even 1728 MHz.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

You should go for the latest nightly, of course. Be sure to make a factory reset with all the wipes needed (if you want no errors), and be careful to flash the correct version of Gapps and your device will "fly without turbulence". Also flash Quanta-v4 which you can control with "Kernel Adiutor" found in the Play Store and you'll have all the tweaking you need, if you're interested in that, plus lots of gamma profiles meant to make your device's display look much better (currently using "obsanity amoled" for it is the best option so far, imo).
>>> So after "consuming" the well known KitKat, take a sip of water and try the new "Lollipop". Hopefully you'll feel its taste, cause as we all know, pretty much everything tastes like nothing after you eat a good chocolate bar. LOL. But this particular Lollipop will blow your mind, believe me.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Well, when you change the file system format, you basically erase everything. The instructions I followed tells you how to backup the "data" partition and restore after you change the file system from ext4 to f2fs, but no matter what I tried, the backup folder didn't show up anywhere in my device after I had pushed it with adb. So you can say that it was a clean install. And not to forget to mention, I didn't follow the "all f2fs..." tutorial cause the instructions were made by its creator in a hurry, I assume, and I couldn't boot my device. And I tried that tutorial more than once. If you want, I can give you the tutorial I followed.

Thanks, everything worked out just fine!
Just one thing is a bit strange. I charged my phone to 100%, then rebooted and it went down to 90%. Charged to 100% again and rebooted, now 91%. Anything I can do about this?

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
hello,

is it possibleto update Nexus from 5.01 to 5.1 via dirty update? and how to do that? CyanDelta shows only 5.01 update..
Thanks!

If you want to upgrade, you should probably do a factory reset and then flash the latest nightly. then the Gapps for 5.1, if you don't want to get any unexpected errors. You can backup the data of the apps you want, with Titanium Backup before.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Thanks, everything worked out just fine!
Just one thing is a bit strange. I charged my phone to 100%, then rebooted and it went down to 90%. Charged to 100% again and rebooted, now 91%. Anything I can do about this?

Probably your battery is not as "sinewy and powerful" as once was. lol. Mine was at 55%, and it stayed at 55% after reboot. Went and checked my email, opened one, clicked on it, it sent me to YouTube, watched 4 minutes of a video, and the battery went to 54%. Maybe it won't matter but here's the tutorial I followed to migrate to f2fs: http://obihoernchen.net/1032/convert-your-nexus-4-to-f2fs-without-loosing-data/ . You can skip the backup part, cause it you won't be able to see it (the backup) after you push it back to the device through adb. You'll understand what I'm talking about when you read the stuff written there.

Last edited:

Nilsb7

Nov 30, 2011
That's precisely the reason I asked this. This morning I saw in Cyan Delta all this stuff about f2fs in this new build and I was curious if it worked. I followed some instructions to change from ext4 to f2fs, and now it's on the boot screen, optimizing apps. I'm expecting my device to be snappier now.

Cool! Are you using a custom kernel & what guide did you use?

dragos281993

Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Cool! Are you using a custom kernel & what guide did you use?

This is what I followed: http://obihoernchen.net/1032/convert-your-nexus-4-to-f2fs-without-loosing-data/
Now the tutorial, as you'll see in the title, is giving you the steps needed if you don't want to lose your data. The thing is, its "creator" used cm11 to migrate his device's partitions to f2fs and unfortunately at step no.8, after doing what it said there, the backup still didn't appear in the restore section. which means I couldn't restore my data, so I did all the process again without the backup part.
So at the "Prerequisites", you'll need the latest cm12.1 nightly, a custom kernel that supports f2fs; I used Quanta-v4 cause it seems to be the best out there at the moment, and the twrp recovery given there. Forget about the "fix permissions" file; you won't need it if you don't do the backup part.
If you don't have one of the latest cm12.1 ROMs installed on your phone, you should do that first, and backup the data of the apps that you don't want to lose after this whole process. You can do that with Titanium backup and COPY the backup folder to your computer, cause it will be deleted when you format the "data" partition to f2fs. SO, follow the first step (circle/bowline, or whatever you want to call it, cause it's not a number), and the 2nd one, then skip the next 3 steps, which means that you got to the wipe part. Do those 2 steps with the wiping process, then skip the next steps in which you'd restore the backup data and go straight to the part where you flash your kernel. I let the phone boot up first to make sure that everything worked, then after configuring what had been given me to configure and got to the home screen. I rebooted into recovery and flashed the Gapps.
If I missed something, be free to tell me or ask me if you didn't understand something I just said above.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Hey, I've downloaded TWRP Multirom, and formatted Data, Cache, System to F2FS succesfully. But, having flashed today's nightly gives me bootloop. What did you do to boot with F2FS enabled? Sorry for my english :p

Did you, by any chance, changed the multirom twrp recovery, then manually flashed the new nightly with it? Cause what I did to update to the last nightly was to just tap the install zip" button in Cyan Delta, and everything finished successfully. And I left the same twrp recovery I used to make the transition from ext4 to f2fs.

Last edited:

Gotchabest

Mar 15, 2015
Hi all, i am on 12.1-20150426-nightly-mako. Everytime i try to update Cyano in "About phone", i get a MD5 Verification Failure. What am i doing bad?

7gue8a

Mar 11, 2015
Just updated to cm-12.1-20150507-NIGHTLY-mako and the phone is stuck on the "Google" screen when booting.
Anyone experiencing the same?
Anything I can do short of reflashing?
Thanks

abhishekjain.ims

Steps for an awesome battery backup

Guys, yesterday I made some modifications in the stock CM based kernel & the results are amazing, you can try this out by yourself.

Those who are getting poor battery backup can try below steps.
Steps:
1- Enable root access of your phone by going to Developers option.
2- Download the Kernel Adiutor app.
3- Go to the CPU settings & change CPU governor to "Ondemand". (If it is on "ondemand" mode just leave it intact)
4- Go to the CPU Hotplug option & just enable it. (This is the core functionality of Qualcomm battery saving technique, which actually offlines all of your 3 cores & put 4th core on lowest frequency i.e 384 Mhz when it is not required.)

This above procedure will save enough juice of your battery & you will notice differences for sure. Less battery draining when you are not using your device. You can check "Frequency Table" in Kernel Adiutor app to test device's deep sleep time & the frequency on which you device was at most of the time.

Thanks,
AJ

nemanja066

Oct 31, 2011
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Improved battery life. Nightly 06.05.2015. 1day on battery.

uploadfromtaptalk1431082264847.pnguploadfromtaptalk1431082274089.pnguploadfromtaptalk1431082283420.png

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maxresdefault.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    2. Download the zip(s).
    3. Install a compatible Recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

CyanogenMod 12.1-x.x Changelogs

Downloads:
    Official CM12.1 Nightlies are here
    Official GAPPS for Android 5.1 here
    Alternative GAPPS: 1 here
    Alternative GAPPS: 2 here
    Note: These alternate GAPPs are very basic & will give you only Google app & Google Play Store. Rest of the apps can be downloaded directly from the Play Store as per your need after signing in to the Google. If calender syncing is not working so there is an additional script for that, just flash it & voila it will start working.

Bugreport: On nightlies, you don't have to report bugs here, if you wish to, you can do that here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy.

PS: I didn't built that rom, I don't even know if I can do that here, otherwise I will close this thread again. Please tell me that! Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 Nexus 4 Mako, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    abhishekjain.ims
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nexus 4, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-18

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-20
    hi guys, i know this was not very up to date changelog
    but this is maybe usefull for some one to know how new feature in action :)
    plz give thumbsup if you like it ;)
    Can someone tell me what I did wrong?
    Flashed F2FS compatible TWRP.
    Flashed Latest Nightly and Quanta v6.
    Reboot back to recover, changed cache and data format to F2FS from EXT4.
    Stuck on boot loop =(]

Does me changing the data and cache reset my kernel back to the stock kernel in the CM12.1 nightly?
    I am not sure why I have teh boot loop.

Here are my steps (clean install):
    >>>backup the important data first<<<
    So:
    1. download the latest cm 12.1 nightly
    2. download Gapps from here if you want: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps
    3. download twrp from here (second link from "1. Main downloads) : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46223393&postcount=2
    4. download "Quanta-v6-CM" (it's what I used and it's probably the best kernel at the moment): http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/kernel-sabermod-franco-kernel-r211-t2858561

Now the real deal (actualy pretty easy)
    5. connect your device to your PC/laptop (keep it plugged in) and flash the twrp you just downloaded from the link above, with fastboot or however you want.
    6. boot into recovery (*the new and fresh multirom twrp you just flashed)
    7. go to "Advanced wipe" and wipe everything with "wipe data"
    8. reboot recovery again
    9. go to "Advanced wipe" again, and mark "Data", press on "Repair or Change File System" > "Change File System" and choose F2FS
    10. go back to the main "Advanced wipe" menu and do the same thing to the "Cache" partition.
    11. reboot recovery again
    12. go to "Mount" and press on "Disable MTP" then press on "Enable MTP". Now the Internal storage will appear on your PC
    13. copy the ROM, Gapps, SuperSU and kernel to your phone
    14. Flash them all in the order you see above.
    15. Wipe Cache/Dalvik cache (just in case) and reboot to system.

This is exactly what I did and it worked just fine.
    FYI, just flashed the 0513 build and the system ui crashes constantly. You may want to avoid today's build.