• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1][athene] PAC-ROM 6 MM - Moto G4/G4 Plus

Search This thread

Icesmash

Nov 11, 2015
Boot Animation

Thanks for this cool-looking PAC-MAN rom!

I wish I could use it but I'm on the XT1644 variant & it keeps changing my sim card signal from 0 bars to half bars.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the boot animation so that I can use it for another rom or flash it?

DECHTECH

Jun 19, 2016
Adelaide
fraycraft.ga
Thanks for this cool-looking PAC-MAN rom!

I wish I could use it but I'm on the XT1644 variant & it keeps changing my sim card signal from 0 bars to half bars.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the boot animation so that I can use it for another rom or flash it?

Using TWRP or a root explorer, navigate to \system\media\ and copy "bootanimation.zip" to SDCard or internal storage. After installing another ROM, replace the ROM's boot animation with the one you copied before and you're good to go.

Reactions: Icesmash

Icesmash

Nov 11, 2015
Using TWRP or a root explorer, navigate to \system\media\ and copy "bootanimation.zip" to SDCard or internal storage. After installing another ROM, replace the ROM's boot animation with the one you copied before and you're good to go.

That's a feature I didn't even know TWRP had a File Manager! I find that with any custom rom I install the signal is much weaker than on the official stock rom perhaps I need to install the ElementalX? Also is this bootanimation flashable via twrp? If not what is the command to flash it via fastboot.

Oct 19, 2017
That's a feature I didn't even know TWRP had a File Manager! I find that with any custom rom I install the signal is much weaker than on the official stock rom perhaps I need to install the ElementalX? Also is this bootanimation flashable via twrp? If not what is the command to flash it via fastboot.

You have to prepare an updater script to make a flashable zip.
IMO just copy - paste it from one rom to other, set permissions and reboot.

DECHTECH

Jun 19, 2016
Adelaide
fraycraft.ga

AFAIK it's just a display issue that makes signal strength seem worse than stock. I have this minor issue on my Nextbit Robin. The signal is the same, But custom roms display the 'bars' differently.
Though it could be different for this device. I'd backup my current rom and flash stock to check but I can't be bothered :p.

You can get the proper signal sats by going to settings, about phone, status and then SIM (x) status.

About the bootanimation thing, as the post above suggests. Just move the bootanimation.zip from this ROM into the system\media\ of the other ROM to use the boot animation from this ROM. If you need I can make a flashable zip for you though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icesmash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Hi,
    Here is PAC MM 6 for the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus

It has been tested an approved on those variants by the community:
    • XT1621
    • XT1622
    • XT1625
    • XT1626
    • XT1640
    • XT1641
    • XT1642
    • XT1643
    • XT1644 (but still issues with US variant)

Requirements:
    TWRP 3.0.20 build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Moto G4

How to install:
    From stock
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM (don't flash gapps! or it will not boot)
    5. Reboot

Unoffical builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1][athene] PAC-ROM 6 MM - Moto G4/G4 Plus, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    Shreps, vache, ashwin007, elandroido, khaoticking, Silesh.Nair, latibhullar, yeshwanthvshenoy
    Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL, TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: PAC-Man ROM

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-09-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-28
    Major Changes

2016/09/17
    - Multi audio session: should help for VoLTE and audio call issues
    - Thread and ROM tagged as Official (approved by PAC TEAM)

2016/09/16
    - Doze & Ambient display re-enabled
    - No more blackout issue

2016/09/06
    - Doze & Ambient display disabled
    - Blackout issue solved

2016/09/04
    - Sensors OK
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Blackout issue on some devices

2016/09/02
    - First public build
    - Sensors OK - SELinux permissive
    - Thread opened

2016/08/30
    - Initial build
    - Alpha
    - Sensors broken
    Thanks for your development!

*Edit*

No XT1644, but I and the devs are working on it...
    Same here with an XT1642 (EU Model) 4/64GB, none of the Custom Rom will boot on my phone :(
    Very interesting info! That means it's not related to variant, but to your hardware: 4GB RAM don't boot.
    I will check the ramdisk tomorrow

Envoyé de mon Moto G (4)