• XT1621
  • XT1622
  • XT1625
  • XT1626
  • XT1640
  • XT1641
  • XT1642
  • XT1643
  • XT1644 (but still issues with US variant)

Requirements:
TWRP 3.0.20 build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Moto G4

How to install:
From stock
  1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
  2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
  3. Backup your phone!
  4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
  5. Flash/Install ROM
  6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommanded)
  7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
  3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
  4. Flash/Install ROM (don't flash gapps! or it will not boot)
  5. Reboot

Unoffical builds Downloads:
https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1][athene] PAC-ROM 6 MM - Moto G4/G4 Plus, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
Shreps, vache, ashwin007, elandroido, khaoticking, Silesh.Nair, latibhullar, yeshwanthvshenoy
Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL, TWRP 3 Recovery
Based On: PAC-Man ROM

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-09-02
Last Updated 2016-09-28

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Major Changes

2016/09/17
- Multi audio session: should help for VoLTE and audio call issues
- Thread and ROM tagged as Official (approved by PAC TEAM)

2016/09/16
- Doze & Ambient display re-enabled
- No more blackout issue

2016/09/06
- Doze & Ambient display disabled
- Blackout issue solved

2016/09/04
- Sensors OK
- SELinux Enforcing
- Blackout issue on some devices

2016/09/02
- First public build
- Sensors OK - SELinux permissive
- Thread opened

2016/08/30
- Initial build
- Alpha
- Sensors broken

Last edited:

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I realize that it was in the OP. Considering there were bugs listed for the Temasek ROM, it was a legitimate question.

Not sure what the attitude is about. How dare I ask a ****ing question.

Yeah it was a legit ques man. I ain't saying no nothing 'bout it.
It's just that moto messed up whole this time. A build works on xt1643 n doesn't on other xt1643.

But yeah man..... It does work on xt1625 ..... Not as optimised as stock but mostly all things work cool.

As far as bugs.... If u encounter them.... Plz be kind enough to report with logs if possible.

Rest all cool buddy. Peace from my side if in any way u found me rude or in appropriately talking,
My apologies.

Reactions: Tabish Quadri

StonedYoda

May 1, 2011
Nederland
We're sharing same repo sources with @vache , so this ROM will be close to Temasek in terms of compatibility, bugs etc.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (4)

I can test on my 1644. It's not being used right now anyway. I'm all for helping get that model supported. You guys are great. I haven't really had to pull any logs before so let me know which app to use or your preferred method.

Reactions: Sojournr

StonedYoda

May 1, 2011
Nederland
This definitely shares the phone call bug that Temasek CM has. Can't receive phone calls. Text and data works.
It's weird because I can MAKE calls. And I can get calls for short periods of time. I'm not sure if it's due to me manually searching for network, toggling airplane mode or some combination, but it only lasts for an hour tops. Very frustrating, especially for work haha. But it's still better than stock. If I didn't need to get calls for work, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

GaBuzz

Oct 8, 2012
It's weird because I can MAKE calls. And I can get calls for short periods of time. I'm not sure if it's due to me manually searching for network, toggling airplane mode or some combination, but it only lasts for an hour tops. Very frustrating, especially for work haha. But it's still better than stock. If I didn't need to get calls for work, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

I've been having the same thing with my xt1625, the only way I can receive phone calls is if I disable LTE and use only 3g and hspa then I seem to be able to receive calls, what network are you on? Try disabling LTE and see if it works for you

Reactions: StonedYoda

StonedYoda

May 1, 2011
Nederland
I've been having the same thing with my xt1625, the only way I can receive phone calls is if I disable LTE and use only 3g and hspa then I seem to be able to receive calls, what network are you on? Try disabling LTE and see if it works for you

That's what usually works I think because I noticed it stays in 3G/HSPA mode. But when I first boot it up the first time, it works on LTE so I know it's possible. I'd leave it on 3G if I knew it would stay connected for me to receive calls, but I'm not 100% sure it would. I just got home. About to swap my SIM card to the Moto to get a logcat

GaBuzz

Oct 8, 2012

This is what worked for me. So it seems like something to do with LTE then perhaps?

I know that they had this problem with HTC phones when they would run custom Roms, it had something to do with US networks using HD voice over the LTE network and most Roms where built with international sources that didn't support the HD voice, not sure if it's the same problem.

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
Ye..! PAC PAC PAC for G4 Plus.
Thank you shreps for bringing this ROM. Hope to see it Official in near future.

stehaworth

Mar 6, 2013
Cambridge
I installed this on xt1622 single sim and all OK. The only slight issue is battery drain is a lot quicker than stock. ( Happens in both cm based ROMs we have so far). Is anyone else having bad battery drain or is it just me.... It seems to be not going into deep sleep.

Prabhat00

Mar 11, 2015
Delhi
I installed this on xt1622 single sim and all OK. The only slight issue is battery drain is a lot quicker than stock. ( Happens in both cm based ROMs we have so far). Is anyone else having bad battery drain or is it just me.... It seems to be not going into deep sleep.
Me too have same problem , but I think that I messed up by changing cpu frequency.
The best configuration for CPU is stock, changing it's configuration causes more problem rather than any good.

stehaworth

Mar 6, 2013
Cambridge
Me too have same problem , but I think that I messed up by changing cpu frequency.
The best configuration for CPU is stock, changing it's configuration causes more problem rather than any good.
I don't believe I changed any CPU setup.. especially after fresh Pacman install, however maybe I didn't give it enough time. However I lost ~20% battery overnight so decided to go back to stock????

hazmatkid

Jul 1, 2012
bradenton
Dude you are the man installed this on my xt 1625 an runs flawlessly been waiting for more roms an of course the PAC man swoops in love your work many thanks

Reactions: ssmcrak

renegadeone8

Nov 19, 2008
Took the plunge -XT1644

Took the risk and installed this on my XT1644. For the most part the ROM runs fantastic, definitely a little better than the CM13 build. Unlike many people here I seem to be able to send and receive calls just fine (maybe cause I'm on Verizon and it's using CDMA? I don't know how to tell if HD voice is working.) I have noticed one major issue (which is also an issue in the CM build.)

My phone ALWAYS shows that it is roaming even though I am on my home Verizon network. I believe it has to do with the APN settings. For some reason it is grabbing VZW Straight Talk APNs instead of just normal Verizon. I am not sure how to fix this, I tried to delete all the APN settings and then manually re-enter them, but it just went back to how they were initially.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Hi,
    Here is PAC MM 6 for the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus

It has been tested an approved on those variants by the community:
    • XT1621
    • XT1622
    • XT1625
    • XT1626
    • XT1640
    • XT1641
    • XT1642
    • XT1643
    • XT1644 (but still issues with US variant)

Requirements:
    TWRP 3.0.20 build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Moto G4

How to install:
    From stock
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM MM Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM (don't flash gapps! or it will not boot)
    5. Reboot

Unoffical builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1][athene] PAC-ROM 6 MM - Moto G4/G4 Plus, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    Shreps, vache, ashwin007, elandroido, khaoticking, Silesh.Nair, latibhullar, yeshwanthvshenoy
    Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL, TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: PAC-Man ROM

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-09-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-28
    Major Changes

2016/09/17
    - Multi audio session: should help for VoLTE and audio call issues
    - Thread and ROM tagged as Official (approved by PAC TEAM)

2016/09/16
    - Doze & Ambient display re-enabled
    - No more blackout issue

2016/09/06
    - Doze & Ambient display disabled
    - Blackout issue solved

2016/09/04
    - Sensors OK
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Blackout issue on some devices

2016/09/02
    - First public build
    - Sensors OK - SELinux permissive
    - Thread opened

2016/08/30
    - Initial build
    - Alpha
    - Sensors broken
    Thanks for your development!

*Edit*

No XT1644, but I and the devs are working on it...
    Same here with an XT1642 (EU Model) 4/64GB, none of the Custom Rom will boot on my phone :(
    Very interesting info! That means it's not related to variant, but to your hardware: 4GB RAM don't boot.
    I will check the ramdisk tomorrow

Envoyé de mon Moto G (4)