• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1] Bliss v6.4 [Hammerhead][CAF/NON-CAF]

Search This thread

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
Sorry, but this is a replacement or a new version of the original build from this thread? :eek:
@Dark_Eyes_ or any other, can you talk anything about?
If this is ok, sorry, to me just don't seems right...
Its neither, it is NON-CAF build. You will need non-caf twrp and kernel if need for custom kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using XDA Labs

Reactions: marceloterorist

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Sorry, but this is a replacement or a new version of the original build from this thread? :eek:

It's an addition, now both versions will be available. I didn't have time to maintain Bliss for both caf and non-caf so I made the decision to only build for caf. @electrikjesus also from Team Bliss got the device and is kind enough to build for non-caf and share his builds with all of us. Big thanks to him! See the second and third post of the OP for more info.

Now you have the freedom to choose whichever build pleases you the most. Hope it's clearer now!

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Please check the second and third posts ;)

I probably should have given you all an introduction and heads up that this was coming, but I'm not too big on first impressions.

Last edited:

fKm

Jan 7, 2011
Schuettorf
Is the source for the non_caf version the same as the CAF version (same github but only other device repos)? Or is there an extra github source?

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
Can anyone with caf Bliss confirm getting ".compactdisk_extended_attributes" file in every folder on device. Its hidden file so you have to toggle show hidden files in file manager. Im assuming it could be caused by system and would like to confirm if it is. Even after deleting it they appear after some time again, minutes or an hour or so. Kind of getting on my nerves, have no idea what is creating them. Im using folder sync app and it gets activated cause of them with no need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
@Dark_Eyes_ would you share optimized truesight3.0?

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

I don't even have it yet lol! But as I said before, I'm not comfortable releasing a kernel that is 99% the same as the work of someone else, just adding a thing or two and building with fancy toolchains. I guess there is a reason why the dev doesn't use that much optimisation, so I think we should live with that, or ask him to add those.

But I can't stop you from extracting the boot.img from the ROMs I build and use it as a new kernel... ;)

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
I am facing issues with wifi chip, not related to this ROM, it just out of the sudden got broken. Then I thought there was something wrong with flashing and when tried to do a clean flash then reilized Im stuck on wizard with no help to get login and restoring of apps and settings. MAC address is corrupted as well as it says 02:00:00:00:00:00. Alreaz contacted Google to see if thay have some trick in their slave to help me fix this. The wifi sometimes gets enabled and its not stable and I have no control over it.
So I wanted to try Bliss AOSP, managed to get it once full restored all from wizard. It runs ok but still would like to get back on CAF.
But there is something wierd going on with twrp on my side.
Now, when I install twrp caf as image, I get error 7 when trying to flash latest caf Bliss (on latest bootloader and radio) which I have had it flashed before normally. Any clue?

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I am facing issues with wifi chip, not related to this ROM, it just out of the sudden got broken. Then I thought there was something wrong with flashing and when tried to do a clean flash then reilized Im stuck on wizard with no help to get login and restoring of apps and settings. MAC address is corrupted as well as it says 02:00:00:00:00:00. Alreaz contacted Google to see if thay have some trick in their slave to help me fix this. The wifi sometimes gets enabled and its not stable and I have no control over it.
So I wanted to try Bliss AOSP, managed to get it once full restored all from wizard. It runs ok but still would like to get back on CAF.
Now, when I install twrp caf as image, I get error 7 when trying to flash latest caf Bliss (on latest bootloader and radio) which I have had it flashed before normally. Any clue?
I thought my microphone issue was the worst it got with this device, but your bad luck far exceeds mine. Did you ever figure out what was leaving all those files on your device?

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
I thought my microphone issue was the worst it got with this device, but your bad luck far exceeds mine. Did you ever figure out what was leaving all those files on your device?

Nah, I did not figured it out. Im running now aosp bliss and since clean flash those files still have not been generated. But now I would ruther keep those files and get back my wifi repaired, lol.
So how to do a proper switch from aosp to caf, since I have done it before a dozens of time now I am confused. I dont have to install bootloader since it is on already, then I flash image file of caf twrp with included twrp, reboot twrp and then wipe all but internal, and then install rom, gapps and so on...Right?
But the cafBliss is giving me error 7 when flashing it with any twrp. What it means? Is it maybe the file corrupted?

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013

I always flash recovery using fastboot. Maybe try that, it's the safest and cleanest way. Have they updated the twrp image, it's not the first time I hear things about twrp caf lately...

Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
I always flash recovery using fastboot. Maybe try that, it's the safest and cleanest way. Have they updated the twrp image, it's not the first time I hear things about twrp caf lately...

It is the latest one 3.0.2-0
I will try will fastboot. Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

I just did it. Flashed twrp caf, then flashed bootloader and radio the latest to make sure, but it says the package supports HHZ20g and I have HHZ20h. Its the latest Bliss.
Im using this rom since lollipop builds, this is frustrating. I am going to do a stock factory full unroot thing and then from beggining I guess.

maracuya

Oct 13, 2010

I just did it. Flashed twrp caf, then flashed bootloader and radio the latest to make sure, but it says the package supports HHZ20g and I have HHZ20h. Its the latest Bliss.
Im using this rom since lollipop builds, this is frustrating. I am going to do a stock factory full unroot thing and then from beggining I guess.
had this same issue, just flashed HHZ20g https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591023225177811 in fastboot, then flashed BlissRom normally

Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T

Reverted to fully unrooted stock, then flashed twrp and rooted device, as before.
Now, for some reason, caf build flashing giving me error 7 and info that package is requarering HHZ20g and that I have the latest one HHZ20h and it stops.
Now, what can I do from this point? I still can flash aosp build normally with aosp twrp.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Reverted to fully unrooted stock, then flashed twrp and rooted device, as before.
Now, for some reason, caf build flashing giving me error 7 and info that package is requarering HHZ20g and that I have the latest one HHZ20h and it stops.
Now, what can I do from this point? I still can flash aosp build normally with aosp twrp.

Oh, I haven't updated Bliss caf to the latest version, which means the latest bootloader won't work. I'll release a new build today which requires latest bootloader! Sorry for the confusion!

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
had this same issue, just flashed HHZ20g https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591023225177811 in fastboot, then flashed BlissRom normally

Thanks, but I think I have tried that too, and then there was different info, like the package needs HHZ20h and that I have HHZ20g.
I will try with your file now, and also I will try some other caf rom when I get those.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Oh, I haven't updated Bliss caf to the latest version, which means the latest bootloader won't work. I'll release a new build today which requires latest bootloader! Sorry for the confusion!

But I did have it before latest build, even asked if it should be the latest... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67967238&postcount=655

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Oh, sorry, I just saw that it suposed to be G and not H bootloader.
Sorry for this mess, I have read the whole bunch of stuff these days for this my wifi issue and I guess I need a break from this screen :)

Reactions: maracuya

pianistaPL

Feb 15, 2012
Poznań - Poland
About bootloader... If you want to install ROM that doesn't fit with your installes bootloader, just open ROM .zip and edit updater-script typing the same bootloader version that you have.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: maracuya

SOLheel

Mar 6, 2015
About bootloader... If you want to install ROM that doesn't fit with your installes bootloader, just open ROM .zip and edit updater-script typing the same bootloader version that you have.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

still wondering why people decided to add a useless check for the radio/bootloader when it is not required by google... so lame

dont forget to wipe 16 times in case the first time didnt work... :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qGAeJ3y.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
    Bliss 6.4

Bliss is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device, and we hope you have a truly blissful experience.
    A huge thanks to CyanogenMod for the source and all the work and dedication their team puts in to keep us updated.
    Bliss is CM13 based, with some features added in from various roms, and we will continue to update features as they become available.
    We will keep up to date with the latest CM code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
    However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.

We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
    We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.

Visit our website for features that include:
    Member sign-up, staff information, all the latest rom downloads, the option to open support tickets for issues & more!

BlissRoms Website

lUCbux3.png

Personalization Options

CM13 Theme Engine

Status Bar
    • Statusbar Clock & Date Options (Left/Center/Right/Hide/Etc)
    • Battery Icon Options
    • Customizable QS Tiles

Navigation & Button Options
    • Toast & Listview Animations

Recents Options
    • -Memory Bar
    • -OmniSwitch (Option to replace recents menu with Omniswitch)

Notification Drawer
    • -Status Bar Header (Weather)
    • -Tile Options
    • -Flashlight Option
    • -Custom Color Tile Options (Set Background, Icons & Text)
    Heads Up Notifications

Lockscreen Options
    • -Long Press Lock Icon to Sleep
    • -Shortcuts
    • -Music Visualizer Options
    • -Power Button Lock Options
    • -Lock Method Options

Power Menu Options
    • -Power Off
    • -Reboot

Gesture Anywhere
    • -Location Options
    • -Trigger Regions

Animations
    • Slim Animations

App Circle Bar
    • -Included Apps
    • -Trigger width, position and height

Sound Options
    • -Link Ringtone & Notification Toggle
    • -Media, Alarm, Ring & Notification Sound Options

Display & Light Options
    • Brightness Level
    • Adaptive Brightness
    • LiveDisplay
    • Rotation
    • Ambient Display
    • Double Tap to Sleep
    • Sleep Time
    • Wake on Plug
    • Cast Screen
    • Wallpaper
    • Expanded Desktop
    • LCD Density
    • Daydream
    • Font Size
    • Show Search Bar in Recents

Notifications
    • Heads Up
    • Do Not Disturb & Access
    • Device Lock Options
    • App Notifications
    • Notification Access
    • Filter Notifications

More Stuff Included

Bliss Download Section
    • -All current downloads for your convenience
      [/LIST
      AudioFX Equalizer
      • -SuperSU - Huge thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Chainfire[/COLOR]
      • -Bliss Wallpapers (via launcher’s Wallpapers)
      • -Home Launcher Option
      • -CM Camera
      • -User Profiles
      • -System Profiles
      • -Location Options
      • -Security Options
      • -Privacy Options
      • -Accounts & Sync
      • -Language & Input
      • -Backup & Reset
      • -Date & Time
      • -Accessibility
      • -Printing
      • -Developer Options
      • -Rom & Hardware Information
      • -Changelog
      • -Bliss OTA Updates
      --Many other settings throughout the rom. Take some time to familiarize yourself with all the blissful options!
    Bliss v6.2 is out !!!

Guys, I just released a major update to Bliss. I've been working really hard on this one so I hope you enjoy it ! I've added most things that were asked, among other :

- SSID in status bar. I ended up rewrinting pretty much everything from scratch, and I also added font, size and color customization.
    - Fixed a few inconsistencies with Temperature in status bar while at it.
    - Navbar now has an on/off switch, and size can be customized
    - Navbar now has slimdim
    - Navbar have new buttons that can be added, I hope you like it :)
    - Network Traffic in status bar can now be colored
    - I added the option to prevent wake-up when the proximity sensor in covered (In display menu)
    - Other tiny fixes and improvements I can't recall

I spent a lot of time working on this one, so I hope you guys appreciate it and can return the favor ;)
    New build up

Good news guys, I was able to tinker a bit with the ROM lately and I added the long awaited music tile in Quick Settings ;)

I'll be fixing a few things I know are broken and start adding new features in. Sorry for the delay, I got really busy with life in general, so I had very little time to invest in the ROM.

Hope you enjoy it !
    Update

Just to keep you guys posted. I've managed to build both the ROM and kernel with sabermod 5.3 toolchain. I'll be adding in optimization flags and hopefully you'll have a fully optimized build by the end of the week. I kept postponing doing that, but I figured the ROM development could wait, so I can dedicate a bit of my time for you guys (the hammerhead die hard like me ;). I've also contacted rachanta to ask him if I could build Bliss with his kernel. If he's cool with it I'll push the next build with it.

When I'm done with all that I'm planning on adding the following things :
    - Ambient display options (don't know if it will work, I'll try porting what we had in BlissPop)
    - Lockscreen weather
    - Pie
    - Slim navbar (or I'll add slim dim and other buttons to the CM one...)

Stay tuned !!!
    New build is up

Guys, as promised, a fresh new build with february security patches and optimizations is up on the BlissRoms website. I added graphite, strict aliasing and krait optimizations, since O3 caused non booting ROM. I'll be working on it in the next couple days, plus i'll add thumb O3 flag. Next ROM should be flying ;)

Hope you enjoy it !!!