• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][OFFICIAL][6.0.1_r72][BACON][OPTIMIZED]RESURRECTION REMIX [5.7.4][CM13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

androidmax

Dec 19, 2012
Can someone tell me the correct method to update the rom ! I am on 5.6.9 and want to update ! The instructions OP has given causes my google services to stall and give the infamous " there went something wrong" error in gmail ! My googleplay services also gets messed up and different FCs start popping up ! Anyone please guide me ?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Smac89

Dec 31, 2012
Can someone tell me the correct method to update the rom ! I am on 5.6.9 and want to update ! The instructions OP has given causes my google services to stall and give the infamous " there went something wrong" error in gmail ! My googleplay services also gets messed up and different FCs start popping up ! Anyone please guide me ?

Download the update, download the latest slim gapps or open gapps. Reboot to recovery and first do a nandroid backup then flash the update and flash gapps. Reboot

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

androidmax

Dec 19, 2012
Download the update, download the latest slim gapps or open gapps. Reboot to recovery and first do a nandroid backup then flash the update and flash gapps. Reboot

Well i just flashed the newest version followed by SuperSU then wiped cache and dalvik ! Phone rebooted twice and working fine now ! Thanks for reply btw !

Smac89

Dec 31, 2012
Well i just flashed the newest version followed by SuperSU then wiped cache and dalvik ! Phone rebooted twice and working fine now ! Thanks for reply btw !

Well, glad it worked for you, but you don't need to flash SuperSU because the ROM is already rooted. All you need to do is install the SuperSU app from playstore to get other super user options

Reactions: androidmax

lifelesslegend

Jun 22, 2015
When you 'dirty' flash an update, you don't need to wipe anything. The process is to download rom, reboot to recovery, flash the new updated rom and reboot. However, if you use xposed, you can flash that after you flashed the rom in recovery or you can use the xposed installer app to install it(whatever you fancy) once you've booted up into the updated rom

Also no need to flash gapps when dirty flashing
Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Labs

chenrp

Oct 17, 2006
When you 'dirty' flash an update, you don't need to wipe anything. The process is to download rom, reboot to recovery, flash the new updated rom and reboot. However, if you use xposed, you can flash that after you flashed the rom in recovery or you can use the xposed installer app to install it(whatever you fancy) once you've booted up into the updated rom

Also no need to flash gapps when dirty flashing
what about wiping the cache?

lifelesslegend

Jun 22, 2015
after cache wipe, it will take about 4-5 minuts for the rom to boot... very slow procsess if you are flashing nightly...
That's normal, even if you don't wipe cache it will take the same amount of time. And most of the time, the rom script is designed to automatically wipe cache anyway.

maxed4901

Aug 11, 2013
Male'
www.blogger.com
That's normal, even if you don't wipe cache it will take the same amount of time. And most of the time, the rom script is designed to automatically wipe cache anyway.

4-5 mins is kind of exaggeration. Mine boots in 2-3 mins at max. m sure it doesnt show black screen.. it will show if its taking too long.. like optimizing apps... etc..

lifelesslegend

Jun 22, 2015
4-5 mins is kind of exaggeration. Mine boots in 2-3 mins at max. m sure it doesnt show black screen.. it will show if its taking too long.. like optimizing apps... etc..
I don't know what point your trying to make here because 2-3 mins to boot from a dirty flash is normal, quicker than me anyway because I have more Apps. The more Apps you have, the longer it will take to boot as it needs to optimize more Apps.

Reactions: House_Maniac
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone