[ROM][Official][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies For Nextbit Robin (ether)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkandaH

XDA Portal Supporter
Jun 8, 2013

http://wiki.lineageos.org/ether_info.html
Official nightlies for Nextbit Robin has arrived!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Important information

This thread is for LineageOS 14.1 builds for Nextbit Robin. The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

Installation

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?

1. Download the zip.
2. Bootloader should be unlocked.
3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional).
4. Wipe data/factory reset.
5. Flash LineageOS.
6. (Optionally) flash Google Apps.
7. Reboot.

For CyanogenMod 13/14.1 users, see here.

TWRP or LineageOS recovery is recommended.

Official Builds

https://download.lineageos.org/ether

Latest nightly:
Latest snapshot:

Latest LineagsOS recovery (nightly):
Latest LineageOS recovery (snapshot):

Google Apps

http://opengapps.org/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-dynamic-gapps-t3487192

Known Issue/Bugs

Found a bug? Random Reboot etc.
Please post logs.

Changelog

http://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/ether/

Source

https://github.com/LineageOS

Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nextbit_msm8992
Device: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_nextbit_ether

Credits

LineageOS Community. I'm not the maintainer of it.
Official maintainer: @cyanogen

Original thread in official Nextbit forums: http://community.nextbit.com/t5/ROMs/ACRONYMS-Official-CyanogenMod-13/m-p/16725

Last edited:

socali

Aug 7, 2009
CM14.1 Slow Performance (Kernel/CPU Issue?)

Something weird is going on with cm14.1 and the phone's CPU..
I noticed that the phone is running much slower with cm14.1 than cm13.. I did a complete wipe and reflash but still same problem. Then I ran some benchmark tests that confirm my suspicion.
CM14.1 is running at less than half the speed of CM13 :crying: and the A57 cores seem to be disabled. This has been happening since the first cm14.1 nightly until today.
Anybody else experience the same? Any idea how to resolve this?

Code:
cm13.0-20161112
Octane on Chrome 54: 6000-6500
Geekbench4: 1145 Single core, 1620 Multi-core
Cpu-z shows all CPUs are running

cm14.1-20161211
Octane on Chrome 54: ~2500
Geekbench4: 597 Single core, 530 Multi-core
Cpu-z shows CPU 4 and CPU 5 are stopped

ToHellWithGA

May 24, 2015
My other, older phones - running CM14.1 peregrine and hammerheadcaf builds - have Ambient Display gestures (screenshot from hammerheadcaf attached) which make the feature usable rather than gimmicky. I trust ether has the sensors necessary to make that work, especially if a $200 Moto from 2-1/2 years ago can.
What's the deal with the battery drain? This phone doesn't seem to doze like my others.
I'm not going back to stock unless they release an impressive Nougat build with working NFC payments.

Attachments

ToHellWithGA

May 24, 2015
Most likely ether wont get display gestures. Hence double tap to wake and such were never implemented into cm13 or stock OS
Neither of the other devices I mentioned had anything remotely resembling Ambient Display or double tap to wake in their stock ROMs. If the right sensors to detect the gestures are present the gestures should be possible; on a $400 phone from early 2016 they better be if they were in a mid 2014 LTE version of a $180 phone from 2013

Last edited:

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
I've just downloaded the nightly 19/12 and as soon as i reboot and updated through TWRP, and now i'm stuck in a TWRP bootloop.
Any idea how i can get rid of this bootloop?

socali

Aug 7, 2009
I've just downloaded the nightly 19/12 and as soon as i reboot and updated through TWRP, and now i'm stuck in a TWRP bootloop.
Any idea how i can get rid of this bootloop?
Happened to me too last week for no apparent reason (been flashing nightly even before cm14.1 came out).. Tried to recover in many different ways. Only thing that worked was to flash stock ROM from nextbit (without wiping data) and then reflash cm14.1 nightly.
Good luck!

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
Happened to me too last week for no apparent reason (been flashing nightly even before cm14.1 came out).. Tried to recover in many different ways. Only thing that worked was to flash stock ROM from nextbit (without wiping data) and then reflash cm14.1 nightly.
Good luck!
Thanks. I apreciate it.

nightfly0815

May 25, 2016
Graz
Hi, I'm on clean flashed CM14.1 nightly, with unlocked bootloader and encrypted filesystem and twrp 3.0.2.1. My problem ist that the nightly updates won´t work direct from CM 14. I mean that the phone boots in twrp but won´t start the update by it self like it was on CM 13 bevor. (This is not the main problem! I can start the update by manual update in twrp) The main problem is, that the phone stuck at bootloop after finished the update and reboot in twrp after the update.
The only way to start the phone normal after the update is to flash the 1450 firmware from this guide.
h...p://community.nextbit.com/t5/ROMs/ROM-15Oct-XxXNextOSXxX-1-1-0-stock-based-1450-Android-6-0-1/td-p/25029
Then the phone works normal as it should. But if I reboot the phone, the phone reboots in twrp again.
So I always need a PC to start the 1450 update script. Does anybody have the same problem or know a another workaround without reflash every time the 1450 firmware ?

Thanks and greets from Austria! ;)

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Hi, I'm on clean flashed CM14.1 nightly, with unlocked bootloader and encrypted filesystem and twrp 3.0.2.1. My problem ist that the nightly updates won�t work direct from CM 14. I mean that the phone boots in twrp but won�t start the update by it self like it was on CM 13 bevor. (This is not the main problem! I can start the update by manual update in twrp) The main problem is, that the phone stuck at bootloop after finished the update and reboot in twrp after the update.
The only way to start the phone normal after the update is to flash the 1450 firmware from this guide.
h...p://community.nextbit.com/t5/ROMs/ROM-15Oct-XxXNextOSXxX-1-1-0-stock-based-1450-Android-6-0-1/td-p/25029
Then the phone works normal as it should. But if I reboot the phone, the phone reboots in twrp again.
So I always need a PC to start the 1450 update script. Does anybody have the same problem or know a another workaround without reflash every time the 1450 firmware ?

Thanks and greets from Austria! ;)
I had a similar issue. I tried using the CM Updater to install the latest nightly and it kept booting into recovery. Like you I went back to Stock 1450 but it still kept going into recovery on every boot. I cured the issue by flashing the latest CM Recovery, I did a wipe from that recovery and all was good.
I hope this helps?

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
I had a similar issue. I tried using the CM Updater to install the latest nightly and it kept booting into recovery. Like you I went back to Stock 1450 but it still kept going into recovery on every boot. I cured the issue by flashing the latest CM Recovery, I did a wipe from that recovery and all was good.
I hope this helps?
Interesting...
What was the recovery you flashed and how did you flash it? Can you share it?

Thanks!

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Interesting...
What was the recovery you flashed and how did you flash it? Can you share it?

Thanks!
Hi. There's a link on the Opening Page. It's just the latest CM Nightly Recovery. I used fastboot to flash it just like you would any other recovery.
Hope it works for you..

Reactions: telmob

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
Hi. There's a link on the Opening Page. It's just the latest CM Nightly Recovery. I used fastboot to flash it just like you would any other recovery.
Hope it works for you..
Oh, nice. Thanks!
I hope i can update directly from Cyanogenmod now. :)

Thanks again.

Last edited:

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
Ok, so... there's still a noticeable lag and the fingerprint reader doesn't often work when pressing the power button to unlock the phone. The little fingerprint icon on the bottom of the screen is missing when this happens.

Appart from this, i have to say, this rom is fantastic with the Pixel launcher (miles ahead from stock rom) and i can't really say i miss the original rom. Not sure about battery life just yet. I've flashed it today.

telmob

Dec 19, 2016
Careful updating to the latest nightly (cm14.1-20161221) I got stuck in boot logo trying to update directly. :( I have CM Recovery installed.

Had to wipe system and install the latest nightly again. Now its working. No data lost (Thank god!)

Last edited:

sabresfan

Jan 30, 2012
Careful updating to the latest nightly (cm14.1-20161221) I got stuck in boot logo trying to update directly. :( I have CM Recovery installed.

Had to wipe system and install the latest nightly again. Now its working. No data lost (Thank god!)
I've had that issue happen a few times. Hold down the power button and volume down until the reboot options appear. I boot to recovery then normal reboot and everything boots up fine after that.

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.