Search This thread

rwaterspf1

Nov 17, 2012
DURHAM, NC
qGAeJ3y.png
nzsZTTY.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
Bliss 7.1

Bliss is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device as well as your PC, and we hope you have a truly blissful experience.
Bliss is AOSP based, with some features added in from various roms, and we will continue to add more as they become available. We will keep up to date with the latest AOSP code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.
We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts.
We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.

Visit our website for features that include:
Member sign-up, staff information, all the latest ROM downloads, links to our community pages, build issues chats & more!

BlissRoms Website

lUCbux3.png

Personalization Options

Substratum Theme Engine
Status Bar
  • Status Bar Tuner w/ additions in System UI Tuner
  • Clock customizations located in Blissify app
  • Status Bar gestures - DT2S, Notification Count, etc located in Blissify app
  • Network Traffic Monitor located in Blissify app

Navigation & Button Options
  • Nav Bar Tuner located in System UI Tuner

Recents Options

Notification Settings
  • Battery Light options
  • Notification Light options

Quick Settings Options
  • Quick Pulldown
  • Vibrate On Touch
  • WiFi Easy Toggle
  • Advanced Data Tile
  • Extra QS Tiles for Input Method, Advanced Reboot, Night Mode, etc. (More being added as we go)

Display Options
  • Automatic Brightness
  • Night Light
  • Sleep options
  • Expanded Desktop
  • Ambient Display
  • Dashboard Options - Suggestions
  • Wakeup Options - Volume Rocker Wake

Animations

Sound Options

Display & Light Options

Notifications

More Stuff Included

Houdini Application Compatibility Library [COLOR=”Red”](Bliss-x86 Builds Only)[/COLOR]

Taskbar - Thanks to @farmerbb (https://github.com/farmerbb/Taskbar) [COLOR=”Red”](Bliss-x86 Builds Only)[/COLOR]

• SuperSU - Huge thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Chainfire[/COLOR]
  • Dev Options enabled by default
  • System UI Tuner enabled by default (with extras added in)
  • Settings tiles for Substratum & Superuser/SuperSU
  • OMS Enabled - Ready for Substratum!! (included in our Bliss-x86 builds)
--Many other settings throughout the rom. Take some time to familiarize yourself with all the blissful options!

E5rcmUd.png

Bliss Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Devices Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

BlissRoms Kernel Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms-Kernels

BlissRoms Vendor Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms-Vendor

Bliss-x86 Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms-x86

RS97erc.png

We recommend using any of the following sets of GApps:

Open Gapps Project

23QoITP.png

Bliss - Official
Bliss - Nightlies

ioEyjCq.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.
Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.

FIRST CHECK SECOND POST - Make sure your device doesn't have any special instructions.
  • Make sure you are rooted.
  • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. (TWRP is the preferred recovery)
  • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package.
  • Boot into recovery.
  • Backup your current ROM
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash Bliss Rom
  • Flash Google Apps package (for 7.1!) *NO NEED TO FLASH ROOT, SUPERSU IS INCLUDED*
  • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.
dfyft0a.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.

-Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
-After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
-Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
-As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
-Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
-Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
-You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

Dikmo1P.png

*Some elements may vary from build to build*

IzokiL5.png

Team Bliss is a team consisting of developers and device maintainers that work on this project in our
spare time to be able to give Android users a custom rom packed with features that will make a lasting impression.

@jackeagle, @pjgraber03, @electrikjesus, @nprev420, @rwaterspf1, @BitOBSessiOn, @Deliberate, @xboxfanj, @Vortex1969, @Dark_Eyes_, @blueyes, @asianflavor, @nicholaschum, @TheStrix , @apophis9283 , @beany> , @fizbanrapper , @iRockaNexus , @Nyks45 , @techfreak24 , @aapav01 , @ideaman924 , @acuicultor,

5FE3Irz.png

Also a huge thanks to Chainfire, DirtyUnicorns, CM/LineageOS, NamelessRom, SlimRoms, EuphoriaOS, CRDoid, OmniRom, Temasek, AICP, Android-x86, Jide & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]skyliner33v[/COLOR] for making our wallpaper & optional boot animations, @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]electrikjesus[/COLOR] for making the current boot animation as well as others,
@[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]pjgraber03[/COLOR] & @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]electrikjesus[/COLOR] for developing and maintaining our website,
@[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]death2all110[/COLOR] for developing the Bliss Wallpapers app, and @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]nicholaschum[/COLOR], @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]genesixxbf3[/COLOR] and @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]tobitege[/COLOR] for the OTA xml generator.
Thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Kryten2k35[/COLOR] for the original source of the OTA app.
We do NOT ask for or expect any donations from users.
If someone takes it upon themselves to donate to us, of course it will be appreciated, and all funds will be used to pay our server and upkeep fees.
If someone does choose to donate, our PayPal link is below.
PayPal Link

Very Important Information
Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads.
Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions.
Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our team
when trying to determine problems that users are having.
We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that
the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge.
Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts.
We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.

Thank you for using Bliss! We appreciate each and every one of our users!
[/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
Bliss Rom by Team Bliss for Mako Nexus 4, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
rwaterspf1, iRockaNexus, electrikjesus, pjgraber03
Source Code: https://github.com/BlissRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 6.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-15
Current Beta Version: 7.1.1
Beta Release Date: 2017-01-13

Created 2016-01-17
Last Updated 2017-01-18

Last edited:

matusala

Oct 19, 2014

I can not download this rom for my nexus 4 (mako). My friend bought nexus 6 and i installed your ROM on his phone (because of CM13 theme engine) nexus 6 has Amoled screen so it can save battery if display full black on that kind of screen. I liked features of this rom and wanted to install on my nexus 4 (currently using chroma 6.0.1) I was glad that this rom is available for nexus 4 too :) Oh and you created this thread today? wow that's luck :)

I loged in AndroidFileHost.com but it says:

"access denied
looks like you don't have permission to access this folder. Make sure you are signed in to an account that has permission, or check with the developer to request access."

Last edited:

rwaterspf1

Nov 17, 2012
DURHAM, NC
sorry about that, updated the link :)

I can not download this rom for my nexus 4 (mako). My friend bought nexus 6 and i installed your ROM on his phone (because of CM13 theme engine) nexus 6 has Amoled screen so it can save battery if display full black on that kind of screen. I liked features of this rom and wanted to install on my nexus 4 (currently using chroma 6.0.1) I was glad that this rom is available for nexus 4 too :) Oh and you created this thread today? wow that's luck :)

"access denied
looks like you don't have permission to access this folder. Make sure you are signed in to an account that has permission, or check with the developer to request access."

Reactions: matusala

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
So I assume there aren't official mako nightlies yet? Couldn't find anything on the download.blissrom.com and the nightlies website is down (gives error 404)

boyxmen

Dec 15, 2013
"Open Gapps Project" Google service error, please send me 1 GAPP standards rom version on ....

mohdschizo

Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
A long waited marshmallow rom for mako has come. Been using this rom since Lollipop 5.0 i believe. Thanks to dev!

Loads of love from Malaysia

rahulsinha

Apr 4, 2013
Bangalore
Awesome ROM.. Using it from last 2 days without any issues.
Just one question, how do I enable 4g as I see only 2g & 3g as option under Network Type.

Nubrig

Oct 20, 2009
I can't seem to be able to sync my gmail contacts. There are simply no contacts shown in the dialer or the Contacts app. I don't know how to deal with this, has anyone come across this issue?

Reactions: popogijo

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
Is the latest mako build missing? I saw there are Feb 17th ROMs out there for other devices, but latest version for N4 is dated by Feb 7th

rahulsinha

Apr 4, 2013
Bangalore
How is the battery life? Better than Chroma 6.0.1?
Never tried Chroma but battery life is similar to other Roms. I was using stock Android 6.0 till now.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I can't seem to be able to sync my gmail contacts. There are simply no contacts shown in the dialer or the Contacts app. I don't know how to deal with this, has anyone come across this issue?
I didn't have any problems with contact sync but with Email sync apps like Gmail . I am able to read mails only when Online. It isn't storing a local copy of the mails. This wasn't the case with other roms.

Nubrig

Oct 20, 2009
[/COLOR]
I didn't have any problems with contact sync but with Email sync apps like Gmail . I am able to read mails only when Online. It isn't storing a local copy of the mails. This wasn't the case with other roms.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is I tried a couple of other MM Roms and the same issue still persisted. Signed in on setup with my gmail and when opened the dialer there were no contacts. Once tried to sign in in the Contacts app it said that username is already in use. Went in account setting tapped on Sync Now and still nothing. Back to LP for me now until I can resolve this somehow..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qGAeJ3y.png
    nzsZTTY.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
    Bliss 7.1

Bliss is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device as well as your PC, and we hope you have a truly blissful experience.
    Bliss is AOSP based, with some features added in from various roms, and we will continue to add more as they become available. We will keep up to date with the latest AOSP code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
    However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts.
    We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.

Visit our website for features that include:
    Member sign-up, staff information, all the latest ROM downloads, links to our community pages, build issues chats & more!

BlissRoms Website

lUCbux3.png

Personalization Options

Substratum Theme Engine
    Status Bar
    • Status Bar Tuner w/ additions in System UI Tuner
    • Clock customizations located in Blissify app
    • Status Bar gestures - DT2S, Notification Count, etc located in Blissify app
    • Network Traffic Monitor located in Blissify app

Navigation & Button Options
    • Nav Bar Tuner located in System UI Tuner

Recents Options

Notification Settings
    • Battery Light options
    • Notification Light options

Quick Settings Options
    • Quick Pulldown
    • Vibrate On Touch
    • WiFi Easy Toggle
    • Advanced Data Tile
    • Extra QS Tiles for Input Method, Advanced Reboot, Night Mode, etc. (More being added as we go)

Display Options
    • Automatic Brightness
    • Night Light
    • Sleep options
    • Expanded Desktop
    • Ambient Display
    • Dashboard Options - Suggestions
    • Wakeup Options - Volume Rocker Wake

Animations

Sound Options

Display & Light Options

Notifications

More Stuff Included

Houdini Application Compatibility Library [COLOR=”Red”](Bliss-x86 Builds Only)[/COLOR]

Taskbar - Thanks to @farmerbb (https://github.com/farmerbb/Taskbar) [COLOR=”Red”](Bliss-x86 Builds Only)[/COLOR]

• SuperSU - Huge thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Chainfire[/COLOR]
    • Dev Options enabled by default
    • System UI Tuner enabled by default (with extras added in)
    • Settings tiles for Substratum & Superuser/SuperSU
    • OMS Enabled - Ready for Substratum!! (included in our Bliss-x86 builds)
    --Many other settings throughout the rom. Take some time to familiarize yourself with all the blissful options!

E5rcmUd.png

Bliss Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Devices Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

BlissRoms Kernel Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Kernels

BlissRoms Vendor Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Vendor

Bliss-x86 Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-x86

RS97erc.png

We recommend using any of the following sets of GApps:

Open Gapps Project

23QoITP.png

Bliss - Official
    Bliss - Nightlies

ioEyjCq.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.
    Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.

FIRST CHECK SECOND POST - Make sure your device doesn't have any special instructions.
    • Make sure you are rooted.
    • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. (TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash Bliss Rom
    • Flash Google Apps package (for 7.1!) *NO NEED TO FLASH ROOT, SUPERSU IS INCLUDED*
    • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.
    dfyft0a.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.

-Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    -After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    -Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    -As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    -Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    -Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    -You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

Dikmo1P.png

*Some elements may vary from build to build*

IzokiL5.png

Team Bliss is a team consisting of developers and device maintainers that work on this project in our
    spare time to be able to give Android users a custom rom packed with features that will make a lasting impression.

@jackeagle, @pjgraber03, @electrikjesus, @nprev420, @rwaterspf1, @BitOBSessiOn, @Deliberate, @xboxfanj, @Vortex1969, @Dark_Eyes_, @blueyes, @asianflavor, @nicholaschum, @TheStrix , @apophis9283 , @beany> , @fizbanrapper , @iRockaNexus , @Nyks45 , @techfreak24 , @aapav01 , @ideaman924 , @acuicultor,

5FE3Irz.png

Also a huge thanks to Chainfire, DirtyUnicorns, CM/LineageOS, NamelessRom, SlimRoms, EuphoriaOS, CRDoid, OmniRom, Temasek, AICP, Android-x86, Jide & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]skyliner33v[/COLOR] for making our wallpaper & optional boot animations, @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]electrikjesus[/COLOR] for making the current boot animation as well as others,
    @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]pjgraber03[/COLOR] & @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]electrikjesus[/COLOR] for developing and maintaining our website,
    @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]death2all110[/COLOR] for developing the Bliss Wallpapers app, and @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]nicholaschum[/COLOR], @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]genesixxbf3[/COLOR] and @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]tobitege[/COLOR] for the OTA xml generator.
    Thanks to @[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Kryten2k35[/COLOR] for the original source of the OTA app.
    We do NOT ask for or expect any donations from users.
    If someone takes it upon themselves to donate to us, of course it will be appreciated, and all funds will be used to pay our server and upkeep fees.
    If someone does choose to donate, our PayPal link is below.
    PayPal Link

Very Important Information
    Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads.
    Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions.
    Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our team
    when trying to determine problems that users are having.
    We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that
    the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge.
    Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts.
    We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.

Thank you for using Bliss! We appreciate each and every one of our users!
    [/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bliss Rom by Team Bliss for Mako Nexus 4, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    rwaterspf1, iRockaNexus, electrikjesus, pjgraber03
    Source Code: https://github.com/BlissRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-01-15
    Current Beta Version: 7.1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-01-13

Created 2016-01-17
    Last Updated 2017-01-18
    Reserved

Downloads for Mako are now on the official site

Source:
    Kernel Source
    Device Tree
    Applies to Bliss-v7.1-mako-OFFICIAL-20170401-0827.zip.

Particularly irritating is the lack of correct screen rotation.

Built-in camera does not record video.
    Open Camera 1.37 rotates the screen, but when you exit the application, the screen remains rotated.
    Only by suppressing and turning on the screen will a vertical image be restored.

Still, I'm glad BlissROM came out of the alpha phase.
    I wish the authors success in developing and disseminating. :good:
    sorry about that, updated the link :)

"access denied