• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2]A.O.K.P[09/09/17][Substratum]

Search This thread

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
Can anyone confirm if the toggle to switch from volume button controls from ringer to media works? It's the one thing holding me back from running this ROM

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I am experiencing random shut downs. I go to use phone and it's off, long press to start again. Any suggestions?

Stop breaking stuff!
Lol but seriously I'm not to sure that's not happening to me or anybody else that I'm aware of (and yea I'm on the latest aokp right now)

You using a custom kernel? The ROM is baked in with the the default los kernel so I cant blame the kernel this time lol

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
I am experiencing random shut downs. I go to use phone and it's off, long press to start again. Any suggestions?

Sounds like what many describe as SOD or sleep of death. While I have never experienced it on this phone, I have on others. Most of the time it was due to a heavy hand on undervolting or under clocking the idle speeds. Most kernel devs don't let you set speeds that are too low for stability but anyway to pick up on the last response, what kernel are you running and did you tweak anything?

PCWright86

Jun 1, 2012
Hayden, Al
OnePlus 7 Pro
Can someone explain how I'm on aokp and getting system update????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-205746.png
    Screenshot_20170907-205746.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 278

J0ESK0

Jul 21, 2011
Chicago
www.twitter.com
Anyone having issue with media scanning, ie, ringtones not showing up after a reboot? I've deleted every single ringtone in the /system/media/audio/ringtones folder and put my own in there. When I reboot, all the ringtones still show up, even though they're not actually on the phone. I first tried doing this on the internal sd card, but since the issue occurred there as well, I thought doing it on the /system partition would work, but it did not. I tried wiping cache/dalvik, rebooting, running a media scanner application, nothing seems to work.

Now, I'm re-installing the latest ROM update and hoping that fixes the issue, will report back if still experiencing the issue.

**Update**
Still not working at all...I tried force stopping Media Storage, Clearing Data, rebooting. Nothing changes. Have no idea what's going wrong, but I'm gonna try going back to an earlier build to see if that rectifies issue.

Last edited:

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Anyone having issue with media scanning, ie, ringtones not showing up after a reboot? I've deleted every single ringtone in the /system/media/audio/ringtones folder and put my own in there. When I reboot, all the ringtones still show up, even though they're not actually on the phone. I first tried doing this on the internal sd card, but since the issue occurred there as well, I thought doing it on the /system partition would work, but it did not. I tried wiping cache/dalvik, rebooting, running a media scanner application, nothing seems to work.

Now, I'm re-installing the latest ROM update and hoping that fixes the issue, will report back if still experiencing the issue.

**Update**
Still not working at all...I tried force stopping Media Storage, Clearing Data, rebooting. Nothing changes. Have no idea what's going wrong, but I'm gonna try going back to an earlier build to see if that rectifies issue.

what are you using to delete the ringtones? make sure the app has the right permissions (root) to be editing things in the system partition. you can also delete the ringtones from twrp

also will be cooking up a new build tonight so keep an eye out ;)

Reactions: antmunny

Top Liked Posts