[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

sandeep_7

Feb 14, 2015
New Delhi
I am planning to get Amazon fire stick for my tv and want to use it's casting/mirroring feature with this ROM. So i want to know can i use this ROM flawlessly for casting as it has inbuilt casting feature ??
If any of you has Amazon fire stick then please test it and reply back..thank you. Waiting for some genuine replies.

y2ksnoop

Oct 9, 2011
I am planning to get Amazon fire stick for my tv and want to use it's casting/mirroring feature with this ROM. So i want to know can i use this ROM flawlessly for casting as it has inbuilt casting feature ??
If any of you has Amazon fire stick then please test it and reply back..thank you. Waiting for some genuine replies.

I have used this ROM with Chromecast to cast the screen and it worked well for me.

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
I meant what filesystem was on the HD that the phone was able to read, probably not fat32? I presume LOS can't support ntfs and what I'm asking is if it supports exfat.

Well, I was nice surprised when I connected some time ago my 1TB NTFS formatted USB disk. LineageOS mounted it correctly. Moreover, I allowed me to read/write access!

Yesterday I experimented a bit with 32GB SD card formatted with ExtFat. It worked. Also R/W. But I had a feeling it was slower than formatted in FAT32. I didn't make any accurate tests, so I can be wrong.

Reactions: madd0g

schnoeselmeier

Mar 19, 2016
Chiang Mai
Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for my question. I have a Redmi Note 4 mido running on the latest LineageOS build. There is a huge problem with the sound of recorded videos since I like to record my own and other people's guitar playing. The horrible sound renders video recordings absolutely useless. Does anyone have the same problem? I am aware that this is not a problem with LineageOS. PLEASE HELP!

Reactions: Naufal Beryl

kottyz

Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys.. Any comments on this rom from people who used resurrection remix and xiaomi eu?

Especially about battery, compatibility with Google camera HDR+, current bugs and network signal.

With resurrection remix I experienced very bad signal especially in some locations where the phone had to find a new network. Also, when moving to another country the phone wasn't unable to create the new apn settings for roaming. Is here the same problem? Thank you!

VAMGDroidFan

Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai

Yes, it works fine. I'm using it with Fire stick 2 and no issues. Casting is little laggy but no issues in playing videos.

Reactions: sandeep_7

kottyz

Oct 17, 2012
So I installed the rom and everything works just fine, including audio recording from both normal recordings and video recordings. Has it been solved with the last nightlies or should I flash the audio fix anyway?

SunSpark91

Mar 14, 2017
Is this really stable?

Got a new phone 64 GB. More than MIUI, I like stock appearance. After all the research on which is the stable nougat rom, I found this to be stated as Stable on the description of this post. So please tell me if this is really stable and does this serve battery efficiency as MIUI rom?
Thanks in advance.

sagarpatre

Nov 29, 2014
i install this rom. My first impression of this rom is very good and very stable. i like stock android experiance better than MIUI. i install dolby atmos also and its work fine.can you please add INTERNET SPEED METER in next update

FlemishDroid

Feb 25, 2012
Aalst
I like Los 14.1 but the sound is really low in comparison with Miui. Is there a way to make it louder for example a modded file in /system/etc or something? I already use Viper4Android. Thanks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk

jblanco93

Apr 2, 2014
After flashing LOS 1 month ago, I start feeling anormal behaviour of power button. I've checked that it's not a physical problem. It seems like sometime it doesn't even react when I push it, or it is pushef twice (off-on/camera if two-clicks is enabled)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

RedMi92

Aug 27, 2016
Hello, i noticed that if i turn the device off and an alarm is set it will autoboot the phone, but the clock app crashes and it remains stuck on "booting android". Why is that, and why doesen't it start the alarm normally like on miui? im running latest build, thanks in advance to anyone who will be so kind to explain

NemanjaS23

Mar 24, 2015
is modded Google Hdr+ Camera which works with Omnivision sensor(no purple tint) compatible now with last version of LOS? Or modification is still not added to ROM?

le_zurdo

Hi guys.. Any comments on this rom from people who used resurrection remix and xiaomi eu?

Especially about battery, compatibility with Google camera HDR+, current bugs and network signal.

With resurrection remix I experienced very bad signal especially in some locations where the phone had to find a new network. Also, when moving to another country the phone wasn't unable to create the new apn settings for roaming. Is here the same problem? Thank you!

Xiaomi.eu user here.

Good battery life, good signal, no bugs at the moment.
Google camera does not work.
Already experienced that signal issue in all aosp based roms

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

kottyz

Oct 17, 2012
Xiaomi.eu user here.

Good battery life, good signal, no bugs at the moment.
Google camera does not work.
Already experienced that signal issue in all aosp based roms
Thanks. I installed the rom today, everything works well so far.

All the Google camera versions work. I've tried 3 of them.
You must download the apk first and install it without opening the app. Second step is enabling the api2 writing the string in the build prop file and after that reboot. Only now you can open Google camera and it should work. If it doesn't, delete cache, app data and reinstall the app, do the process again. It's important do the steps in that order.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • You tell me :)

Instructions :
    • Flash Twrp :- LINK
    • Download Firmware (Important)
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest firmware, build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

Credits :
    • All The members of #Team_Sanam

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-03
    Last Updated 2018-01-29
    Hey guys mido has been push to official roaster I know I am late and most of you guys are already using it if you aren't go grab it at https://download.lineageos.org/mido

and most of you must be thinking what about builds with oms and volte icon for you guys, i will mostly deliver monthly or maybe weekly unofficial builds :p build so stay tuned :p
    guys its time for final unofficial build from my side after this official weeklies will start :)

CHANGELOG :-

• Added widevine blobs (Should fix premium protected videos)
    • Shifted To source Build Audio HAL
    • Selinux Enforcing
    • And ims video call fix

Link updated in op

For future updates you can join telegram group @rn4dev
    Hey guys never wished to release unofficial build again but seems current situation made me do it :p

Changelog

• oss camera
    • Fixed ov camera sensor
    • Added cpusets
    • Kanged latest 7.1.1 blobs from Oxygen
    • Removed Unused Blobs
    • Removed unused services
    • Custom ril class (shuld fix issues with lte and lte+)
    • oss consumerir hal (ir blaster)
    • Flac decode via ffmpeg
    • Vilte conference calls
    • snap hdr and slo-mo fixed
    • you can track full changelog here https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/mido

Links are updated in op

ps: if you face any bug which wasn't there for you in my previous build do report it and make sure You give proper logs for same or you can report bugs on telegram channel t.me/rn4dev (@rn4dev)

enjoy :D

last but not least a very special thanks to @highwaystar_ru for helping me :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone