[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

Mr.Salty

Jul 8, 2017
Problem Report

I am current having issues using this ROM, anyone playing Vainglory( a game ) here? Whenever I am using data connection to play Vainglory using thia ROM, I will face poor network issues , it couldn't be stopped.
But once I use data to play Vainglory using MIUI, everything is okay, runs smoothly.
Firmware is okay, what is the problem?
Not firmware problem, not carrier problem, not Vainglory's problem.

xdaillum

Feb 2, 2012
Hey, just here to report some bugs and some questions.

Questions/Problems:
1) Clock app crashes when the phone gets switched on by itself by an Alarm. I usually turn my phone off when I sleep and have it turn on by alarm. However, the alarm will not ring because the clock app crashes (but the phone does turn on). Rebooting the phone does not help as you'll end up in the same situation. This is fixed by turning the phone OFF and then turning it back on. Only after that will the alarm go off..
2) Is there a way to turn on one-handed mode, like what MIUI has?
3) Is there a way to turn on "Second Space", again like MIUI?
4) I've turned off all the vibrations for WhatsApp (in WhatsApp settings) but it still vibrates when I receive messages.. bug?
5) There are some things that stay in the notification area and cannot be swiped away. How do I get rid of these? Example is Privacy Guard notifying me that "Nova Launcher will not be able to access personal d...", as well as "Mi Fit - Band is connected". These cannot be swiped away..!

Babin08

Oct 2, 2017
Sorry I'm new to this thread. Whats that firmware for??
Is it required if I am coming from latest(nougat) miui 8??
No, that won't be necessary

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Questions/Problems:
1) Clock app crashes when the phone gets switched on by itself by an Alarm. I usually turn my phone off when I sleep and have it turn on by alarm. However, the alarm will not ring because the clock app crashes (but the phone does turn on). Rebooting the phone does not help as you'll end up in the same situation. This is fixed by turning the phone OFF and then turning it back on. Only after that will the alarm go off..
4) I've turned off all the vibrations for WhatsApp (in WhatsApp settings) but it still vibrates when I receive messages.. bug?
5) There are some things that stay in the notification area and cannot be swiped away. How do I get rid of these? Example is Privacy Guard notifying me that "Nova Launcher will not be able to access personal d...", as well as "Mi Fit - Band is connected". These cannot be swiped away..!
1. Works fine for me
2. No idea
3. Nope
4. Try do not disturb mode
5. That's a rom problem future updates may solve that

Reactions: xdaillum

xdaillum

Feb 2, 2012
No, that won't be necessary

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

1. Works fine for me
2. No idea
3. Nope
4. Try do not disturb mode
5. That's a rom problem future updates may solve that

1. I've used it 2 days in a row with the problem now so not sure what I'm doing wrong (if it is user problem). Are you saying it works fine for you from a phone that is turned off?
2. Ok
3. Damn
4. But would that not mute a lot of other notifications too?
5. Ah right so it's a known problem? I actually thought it was deliberate and there may have been a setting that could be amended to make that go away..

Babin08

Oct 2, 2017
1. I've used it 2 days in a row with the problem now so not sure what I'm doing wrong (if it is user problem). Are you saying it works fine for you from a phone that is turned off?
2. Ok
3. Damn
4. But would that not mute a lot of other notifications too?
5. Ah right so it's a known problem? I actually thought it was deliberate and there may have been a setting that could be amended to make that go away..
1.Yup that's what i meant

le_zurdo

Questions/Problems:

For number 2, yes there is an option.
Search in Settings -> Buttons, you can add the one hand mode (left or right) to the shortcut of the button you prefer.
Unlike in Miui, there is no way to activate it through a swipe shortcut.

Reactions: xdaillum

IvGa68

Sep 4, 2017
Zagreb
I am current having issues using this ROM, anyone playing Vainglory( a game ) here? Whenever I am using data connection to play Vainglory using thia ROM, I will face poor network issues , it couldn't be stopped.
But once I use data to play Vainglory using MIUI, everything is okay, runs smoothly.
Firmware is okay, what is the problem?
Not firmware problem, not carrier problem, not Vainglory's problem.

Try different scaling governor

IvGa68

Sep 4, 2017
Zagreb
I use Kernel Auditor,changed CPU governor to performance and the thermal core control switched off. Will this work?

If not, try Hotplug or Ondemand, depends on kernel
I didn't have any problem with default governor but it solved performance problem for some other guy on this forum

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
For number 2, yes there is an option.
Search in Settings -> Buttons, you can add the one hand mode (left or right) to the shortcut of the button you prefer.
Unlike in Miui, there is no way to activate it through a swipe shortcut.

For me works swiping to the right or left on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. I don't know if it's important, but I've got on-screen navigation bar turned on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • You tell me :)

Instructions :
    • Flash Twrp :- LINK
    • Download Firmware (Important)
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest firmware, build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

Credits :
    • All The members of #Team_Sanam

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-03
    Last Updated 2018-01-29
    Hey guys mido has been push to official roaster I know I am late and most of you guys are already using it if you aren't go grab it at https://download.lineageos.org/mido

and most of you must be thinking what about builds with oms and volte icon for you guys, i will mostly deliver monthly or maybe weekly unofficial builds :p build so stay tuned :p
    guys its time for final unofficial build from my side after this official weeklies will start :)

CHANGELOG :-

• Added widevine blobs (Should fix premium protected videos)
    • Shifted To source Build Audio HAL
    • Selinux Enforcing
    • And ims video call fix

Link updated in op

For future updates you can join telegram group @rn4dev
    Hey guys never wished to release unofficial build again but seems current situation made me do it :p

Changelog

• oss camera
    • Fixed ov camera sensor
    • Added cpusets
    • Kanged latest 7.1.1 blobs from Oxygen
    • Removed Unused Blobs
    • Removed unused services
    • Custom ril class (shuld fix issues with lte and lte+)
    • oss consumerir hal (ir blaster)
    • Flac decode via ffmpeg
    • Vilte conference calls
    • snap hdr and slo-mo fixed
    • you can track full changelog here https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/mido

Links are updated in op

ps: if you face any bug which wasn't there for you in my previous build do report it and make sure You give proper logs for same or you can report bugs on telegram channel t.me/rn4dev (@rn4dev)

enjoy :D

last but not least a very special thanks to @highwaystar_ru for helping me :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone