[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

AP_on_xda

May 25, 2016
Kanpur
Google Pixel 3a
Fix VoLTE on Roaming

why does in any custom rom volte not work ? on roaming.. there no solution for it

VOLTE isn't working, am getting the instant call ended on the dialer.

Have noticed when I went back to my he circle and was not roaming, calls and SMS were going through but now that I'm roaming again, they have stopped working.

Please help, VOLTE is a make or break feature, a huge motivator for me to move on from Nexus 5 and I can't do without it.

In roaming jio call not work

volte not working on roaming ..will it will be fixed in nxt build ?

I would like to inform you that VoLTE works in roaming (jio network, India) on 21 sept build and 5 oct build for me.
Although, initially VoLTE broke when I updated to 21 sept build.
I tried many things to fix it. I am listing everything that I tried in the most possible solution first.

Fix APN: Update the jio apn to match these
Code:
APN = jionet
APN type = default
APN protocol = IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol = IPv4/IPv6
leave others.
I think APN type was initially = default, supl
which might have created problems.
Also add an ims apn:
Code:
Name = ims
APN = ims
APN type = ims
APN protocol = IPv4/IPv6

Do a network reset:
Do a network reset then try the 1st method.

Change prefered network type to LTE

Reboot

I hope this fixes your VoLTE issues.
Enjoy this awesome Rom.

somu1795

Mar 24, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I would like to inform you that VoLTE works in roaming (jio network, India) on 21 sept build and 5 oct build for me.
Although, initially VoLTE broke when I updated to 21 sept build.
I tried many things to fix it. I am listing everything that I tried in the most possible solution first.

Fix APN: Update the jio apn to match these
Code:
APN = jionet
APN type = default
APN protocol = IPv4/IPv6
leave others.
I think APN type was initially = default, supl
which might have created problems.
Also add an ims apn:
Code:
Name = ims
APN = ims
APN type = ims
APN protocol = IPv4/IPv6

Do a network reset:
Do a network reset then try the 1st method.

Change prefered network type to LTE

Reboot

I hope this fixes your VoLTE issues.
Enjoy this awesome Rom.

wow!, thanks a lot! its fixes the most annoying problem.
The 'ims' one works, rest dont.
and btw, why ims wont show in the apn list after adding? And what is that 'ims' apn?

Reactions: bkp96

AP_on_xda

May 25, 2016
Kanpur
Google Pixel 3a
nice to see it worked for you

wow!, thanks a lot! its fixes the most annoying problem.
The 'ims' one works, rest dont.
and btw, why ims wont show in the apn list after adding? And what is that 'ims' apn?

ims APN is used for ims subsystem communications which is basically what makes VoLTE work.
Simply, ims APN is for VoLTE. (As jionet APN is for internet :) )

It won't show after adding, don't know why though :p

Reactions: somu1795

RabbitWingz

May 16, 2017
Bangalore
I've been using RROS. After a full factory reset is the "Firmware" supposed to be flashed before LOS and GAPPS?
If so whats the link for the latest Firmware?

le_zurdo

vijjuk13

Aug 18, 2017
Mumbai
No, you don't need to flash it anymore but if you want to do it you can check this thread

https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-4/.../firmware-firmware-update-2017-08-04-t3651537
this one is latest frimware N it works awesome with any signal prblm do check this out to..https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620754602
thank u

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I've been using RROS. After a full factory reset is the "Firmware" supposed to be flashed before LOS and GAPPS?
If so whats the link for the latest Firmware?

do check this out.. itz new latest frimware i try it n damm m not facing any singal issue
.https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620754602

Reactions: somu1795

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
Guys I had a strange problem that I flashed lineage 14.1 over miui and for some reason I revert back to miui after restore from twrp backup it showed me no Sim card, WiFi didn't connect, settings force close and no music.... I tried flashing new roms and reset which didn't help Then I flashed fastboot rom to solve this now it's OK.... What was the problem that I had and any body tell solution for future flash.

Note - It showed some( error 255) during restore of firmware in twrp and I ignored it to restore remaining..

Please if anybody faced this kindly discuss.

bkp96

Sep 18, 2016
Guys I had a strange problem that I flashed lineage 14.1 over miui and for some reason I revert back to miui after restore from twrp backup it showed me no Sim card, WiFi didn't connect, settings force close and no music.... I tried flashing new roms and reset which didn't help Then I flashed fastboot rom to solve this now it's OK.... What was the problem that I had and any body tell solution for future flash.

Note - It showed some( error 255) during restore of firmware in twrp and I ignored it to restore remaining..

I faced this problem. Too but got no solution but can you tell.me how you flashed fastboot rom.... Was it official??

MyStrive

Oct 25, 2015
Singkawang

Maybe you can try to dig boot image from official rom , flash the official boot image when you want to get back to your official rom, and when you going to flash LOS again, flash the "firmware" file in this thread..

Reactions: drganbds

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
I faced this problem. Too but got no solution but can you tell.me how you flashed fastboot rom.... Was it official??
Yes download official fastboot rom from MI official website and flash with miflash software

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Maybe you can try to dig boot image from official rom , flash the official boot image when you want to get back to your official rom, and when you going to flash LOS again, flash the "firmware" file in this thread..
OK I'll keep in mind if I face again thanks... So we need to flash firmware file before flashing Los 14.1 and when we go back to miui flash official stock boot image after restore right?

MyStrive

Oct 25, 2015
Singkawang
Yes download official fastboot rom from MI official website and flash with miflash software

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

OK I'll keep in mind if I face again thanks... So we need to flash firmware file before flashing Los 14.1 and when we go back to miui flash official stock boot image after restore right?

Yap, you got it bruh, but that just my opinion, not actually self tested, you can try it when you flash it back again and if it work, please let me know it

karamancho

May 14, 2014
does anyone here use stock gapps package?

I wanted to know how do Phone and Messenger apps behave with 2 sim cards? Is everything working like it should (ex. two call buttons for 2 sims etc...)?

ccav2000

Dec 19, 2010
Manga Cafe
Google Pixel 6 Pro
does anyone here use stock gapps package?

I wanted to know how do Phone and Messenger apps behave with 2 sim cards? Is everything working like it should (ex. two call buttons for 2 sims etc...)?
I'm using those but I only have one SIM. I do know however that both apps support 2 SIMs, not with two call buttons though. It will either call the default "account" or you can set it to always ask for the dialer at least.

Reactions: karamancho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • You tell me :)

Instructions :
    • Flash Twrp :- LINK
    • Download Firmware (Important)
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest firmware, build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

Credits :
    • All The members of #Team_Sanam

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][MIDO][Weekly] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-03
    Last Updated 2018-01-29
    Hey guys mido has been push to official roaster I know I am late and most of you guys are already using it if you aren't go grab it at https://download.lineageos.org/mido

and most of you must be thinking what about builds with oms and volte icon for you guys, i will mostly deliver monthly or maybe weekly unofficial builds :p build so stay tuned :p
    guys its time for final unofficial build from my side after this official weeklies will start :)

CHANGELOG :-

• Added widevine blobs (Should fix premium protected videos)
    • Shifted To source Build Audio HAL
    • Selinux Enforcing
    • And ims video call fix

Link updated in op

For future updates you can join telegram group @rn4dev
    Hey guys never wished to release unofficial build again but seems current situation made me do it :p

Changelog

• oss camera
    • Fixed ov camera sensor
    • Added cpusets
    • Kanged latest 7.1.1 blobs from Oxygen
    • Removed Unused Blobs
    • Removed unused services
    • Custom ril class (shuld fix issues with lte and lte+)
    • oss consumerir hal (ir blaster)
    • Flac decode via ffmpeg
    • Vilte conference calls
    • snap hdr and slo-mo fixed
    • you can track full changelog here https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/mido

Links are updated in op

ps: if you face any bug which wasn't there for you in my previous build do report it and make sure You give proper logs for same or you can report bugs on telegram channel t.me/rn4dev (@rn4dev)

enjoy :D

last but not least a very special thanks to @highwaystar_ru for helping me :)