[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][Note2/n7100][OPTIMIZED]RESURRECTION REMIX [5.8.0]

Do you guys need me to push a rootless Build too ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ishtiak02

Dec 14, 2015
London
I think this is a serious problem with ROM which has gone unnoticed and unfixed. The same thing happened with my phone too. The memory became corrupt and no matter what I tried I couldn't recover it. I had to eventually replace the motherboard to get my phone working again.

This ROM has a problem which causes random reboots and then one of the times you will eventually encounter the problem you have explained and shown in your youtube video. The devs needs to look into it.

A ROM CAN'T BREAK YOUR EMMC. The memory corrupt thing is EMMC failure and (some) note 2 and 4 are prone to it. You can test your chip after flashing an mm ROM using EMMC check(App doesn't support nougat yet) to check if your device's chip is fine. I've used this ROM before (Not using it now) and the only problem I faced (somethimes) is battery drain and maybe some lags at some cases. Random reboots are understandable (could be caused due to old BL/modem)
Two images of sane vs insane chip related to the EMMC bug has been attached.
Please note that Samsung released a kernel patch at sometime during 2016/2017 which patches the insane chip to solve the problem. But if you have the defected chip, you might end up having EMMC error eventually.
I repeat once again, a ROM like this CANNOT break your EMMC

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_164129_309.jpg
    IMG_20180917_164129_309.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 797
Last edited:

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
A ROM CAN'T BREAK YOUR EMMC. The memory corrupt thing is EMMC failure and (some) note 2 and 4 are prone to it. You can test your chip after flashing an mm ROM using EMMC check(App doesn't support nougat yet) to check if your device's chip is fine. I've used this ROM before (Not using it now) and the only problem I faced (somethimes) is battery drain and maybe some lags at some cases. Random reboots are understandable (could be caused due to old BL/modem)
Two images of sane vs insane chip related to the EMMC bug has been attached.
Please note that Samsung released a kernel patch at sometime during 2016/2017 which patches the insane chip to solve the problem. But if you have the defected chip, you might end up having EMMC error eventually.
I repeat once again, a ROM like this CANNOT break your EMMC

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I thought it was quite a coincidence that more than one of us faced the exact same issue while using the same ROM. I am still a newbie at flashing custom roms and so I came to the silly conclusion. Your post makes it quite clear as to why I faced this issue and why most Note 2 devices are affected by this insane chip problem. I am going to check the emmc app to see if my current chip is patched or not (any recommendations for a good MM rom? ). Thanks a ton once again.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@sid2109 this ROM hasn't caused your problems, mate: for some reason Samsung has built faulty chips for years in various devices (also in Galaxy S2, S3 then in Tab 2 16GB variant etc)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ishtiak02

Dec 14, 2015
London
Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I thought it was quite a coincidence that more than one of us faced the exact same issue while using the same ROM. I am still a newbie at flashing custom roms and so I came to the silly conclusion. Your post makes it quite clear as to why I faced this issue and why most Note 2 devices are affected by this insane chip problem. I am going to check the emmc app to see if my current chip is patched or not (any recommendations for a good MM rom? ). Thanks a ton once again.
AICP mm, CM13 are pretty good mm ROMs. You can flash AGNi kernel too

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
AICP mm, CM13 are pretty good mm ROMs. You can flash AGNi kernel too

Thanks once again isthiak02. I've tried searching a lot on the forums but I do not understand why oreo ROMs are not possible on Note 2 currently? I did see that forkbomb444 is trying to develop a new kernel for it. any reason why existing framework doesn't support oreo (or pie) ?

ishtiak02

Dec 14, 2015
London
Thanks once again isthiak02. I've tried searching a lot on the forums but I do not understand why oreo ROMs are not possible on Note 2 currently? I did see that forkbomb444 is trying to develop a new kernel for it. any reason why existing framework doesn't support oreo (or pie) ?
We need a higher kernel for it to work properly. Besides, he's also building new modem and bootloader too. It'd be a total surprise and a new experience once he completes everything. We should better wait for a perfect Oreo/pie ROM rather than an extremely buggy or laggy ROM. Here's details: https://blog.forkwhiletrue.me

rahul1054

Apr 11, 2012
HELP NEEDED!!!
guys, last month my mobo gone, so I got a new one from aliexpress. after replacement of new board, wifi-bluetooth is not turning on. I flashed RR 5.8.5 but same result. so is it a hardware problem or what?

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

HELP NEEDED!!!
guys, last month my mobo gone, so I got a new one from aliexpress. after replacement of new board, wifi-bluetooth is not turning on. I flashed RR 5.8.5 but same result. so is it a hardware problem or what?

TRNSLN

Oct 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy S8+
HELP NEEDED!!!

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

HELP NEEDED!!!
I think you've flashed wrong CSC. At first you need to know which modem file you have flashed. You changed only the motherboard and not the modem thought?

rahul1054

Apr 11, 2012
I think you've flashed wrong CSC. At first you need to know which modem file you have flashed. You changed only the motherboard and not the modem thought?

You need to know which board and modem you have. Maybe you need to flash separately the files for those. I think it will fix your problem when you flash the right files.

can you guide me properly how can I figure out the information?

piggipiggi

Nov 12, 2013
hello there.
I am mounting the RR and the phone really resurrected from the heavy ditto note 4. I flashed the last update 5.8.5, but I lost root. Is that possible? I was restoring apps via titanium backup but it tells me no root access. How to fix it? thanks to everyone

edit: I also flashed the bransGapps as the rom suggested me to do

Last edited:

ishtiak02

Dec 14, 2015
London
hello there.
I am mounting the RR and the phone really resurrected from the heavy ditto note 4. I flashed the last update 5.8.5, but I lost root. Is that possible? I was restoring apps via titanium backup but it tells me no root access. How to fix it? thanks to everyone

edit: I also flashed the bransGapps as the rom suggested me to do
This ROM is probably unrooted. Flash magisk/los su

Last edited:
Reactions: piggipiggi

Giuliano69

Jan 24, 2011
Trieste
swipe down menu disappeared

Hi !
I've installed RR 5.8 on two notes 2. And i works very well !! But...

On one of them I am facing a strange problem:
the system MENU that usually appears when you swipe down, is DISAPPEARED.
It only shows the slider bar of the brightness, but all other icons/option (bluetooth, data, wifi, ....) have disappeared.

I've tried to clear the cache but without any result.

Is there a way to force it to reappear again, or do I need to reinstall the system once again ?

Thanks in advance

Vish.raval

Feb 1, 2016
Hi !
I've installed RR 5.8 on two notes 2. And i works very well !! But...

On one of them I am facing a strange problem:
the system MENU that usually appears when you swipe down, is DISAPPEARED.
It only shows the slider bar of the brightness, but all other icons/option (bluetooth, data, wifi, ....) have disappeared.

I've tried to clear the cache but without any result.

Is there a way to force it to reappear again, or do I need to reinstall the system once again ?

Thanks in advance
You need to edit the quick menu and add all shortcut icons(brightness,wifi,battery, rotation icon etc.) again.
Happened same with me. All quick menu icons had gone. I added them back again to quick menu.

piggipiggi

Nov 12, 2013
Data issue

Hello, the latest rom is fantastic.
I have an issue when I turn up the data connection.
When I turn it on, I can't wake up the phone when I close the screen. It's still turned on but I can do nothing. Even when I call my phone, it doesn't ring.
No problem with wifi on.
Thanks to all

kosekli

Mar 17, 2019
Hi, thank yo for all.. which rom are you currently using?

A ROM CAN'T BREAK YOUR EMMC. The memory corrupt thing is EMMC failure and (some) note 2 and 4 are prone to it. You can test your chip after flashing an mm ROM using EMMC check(App doesn't support nougat yet) to check if your device's chip is fine. I've used this ROM before (Not using it now) and the only problem I faced (somethimes) is

Top Liked Posts