[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2]RESURRECTION REMIX [5.8.3] [DEPRECATED]

Search This thread

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
If it is not feasible to make a Helium version at this time (due to the need for a completely separate build) I have a few humble questions:

1. Is it ok for @ajmsg78 to provide a Helium version like those typically provided in this thread?

2. If option 1 is unavailable, would @Dunghp be interested in a Helium build from source considering your existing one over at the other thread?

I rather have a "patched" Helium version like the ones provided by ajmsg78 than no version at all (they have been working well on my device so far).

In the choice between "no ROM" and "patched Helium" (the ajmsg78 way) I certainly prefer the latter if it isn't feasible for a developer to setup two build environments (one for Hydrogen and another for Helium).

I have been using the ajmsg78 Helium builds for a couple of months now (since the sawdoctor ROM came alive) and everything has been working well. So in the choice of either have no ROM or "shoe-horn in the Hydrogen version" (i.e replacing the install-script) I think the "ajmsg78-style-patched" version for Helium is a "better" option than "just build for Hydrogen and don't do anything shorter than a full build from source for Helium=no ROM if that alternative isn't available).

raymondsanusi

Dec 10, 2013
Very simple reason why it was shared: The whole AFH did travel to another planet and people asked for the ROM since they like it.

So those who had downloaded it before it was taken down did a good service by reupload it.

Yeah u're right..we love this rom..I also tempted to share it before...

Let's hope it won't be any trouble in the near future

iguoh

Dec 31, 2004
New build is up!! now wait for your next check interval or go to OTA center and check manually by clicking on search for update. Please give some feedback :)

Many thanks for this ROM, @Davehimself. I can't seem to get the OTA to work. I received the prompt and clicked on it. It brings me to the update page and I tried clicking on the download link but nothing happens. I also cannot figure out how to get to the update page manually.

Davehimself

Jan 16, 2017
Many thanks for this ROM, @Davehimself. I can't seem to get the OTA to work. I received the prompt and clicked on it. It brings me to the update page and I tried clicking on the download link but nothing happens. I also cannot figure out how to get to the update page manually.

Thx for feedback. strange, just tried again on my device and every tap is doing what it should do. can you tap on changelog and see the latest changes ?

...and does your browser has permission to open links ?

Last edited:
Reactions: iguoh

iguoh

Dec 31, 2004
go to settings and configuration. it opens the RR configs. swipe right to miscelaneos there you find the OTA

OK, found it. I just have to settings, configuration, and click the + button.

On downloading, you were right, it is the browser. I was using Firefox Focus which doesn't download for some reason. Switching to Chrome works now. Thanks!

Davehimself

Jan 16, 2017
OK, found it. I just have to settings, configuration, and click the + button.

On downloading, you were right, it is the browser. I was using Firefox Focus which doesn't download for some reason. Switching to Chrome works now. Thanks!

okay, good to know it's working as it should :) ...you don't actually need to change your browser. Every browser should work, as long as you give the permission to open links and set is as standard browser app under apps / settings.

oh and please head over to my thread now for everything related to my build :)

jwai85

Nov 10, 2010
i took the plunge and flashed Davehimselfs new version along with the helium patch from @ajmsg79. Havent faced any problems so far.
Just a heads up for those wanting to try this rom on Helium to remember to modify the updater script in the rom from hydrogen to helium before flashing or it wont flash.

Jul 21, 2017
OTA check problem

Does anybody face any problem with checking for updates under miscellaneous tab. For me it almost instantaneously pops up can't check for updates when I click check for updates. After being removed from Android File Hosting its a big mess as I feel we will be stuck with no more builds specifically someone with same problems as me wherein they can't check for OTA updates.

Davehimself

Jan 16, 2017
Does anybody face any problem with checking for updates under miscellaneous tab. For me it almost instantaneously pops up can't check for updates when I click check for updates. After being removed from Android File Hosting its a big mess as I feel we will be stuck with no more builds specifically someone with same problems as me wherein they can't check for OTA updates.

Are you talking about my build now? ... Please go to my thread and update to the latest build. OTA is working fine.

Jul 21, 2017
OTA check problem

Are you talking about my build now? ... Please go to my thread and update to the latest build. OTA is working fine.

I was talking about those which were present on AFH by sawdoctor

I'm gonna edit the OP (sawdoctor gave me the proper permissions a few months ago) and point it to your thread so there is no more confusion.

so the ones by sawdoctor present on AFH are of Davehimself? So can I directly flash the ones of Davehimself without loosing my data currently on my 07/07/17 build?

i took the plunge and flashed Davehimselfs new version along with the helium patch from @ajmsg79. Havent faced any problems so far.
Just a heads up for those wanting to try this rom on Helium to remember to modify the updater script in the rom from hydrogen to helium before flashing or it wont flash.
There's a direct helium build, built from source by davehimself

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

so the ones by sawdoctor present on AFH are of Davehimself? So can I directly flash the ones of Davehimself without loosing my data currently on my 07/07/17 build?
You can take a backup and flash davehimself's builds on sawdoctor's build and the one on afh are not from davehimself because he posts on github and not on afh.

Jul 21, 2017

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

You can take a backup and flash davehimself's builds on sawdoctor's build and the one on afh are not from davehimself because he posts on github and not on afh.

Thanks a lot everyone for the prompt reply. Just after posting the above query, I myself went ahead and dirty flashed the latest 21st July build by Davehimself. Everything works super fine plus I am glad that this one supports OTA. Once again thanks everyone.

Reactions: Thiago Siilvaz
Jul 21, 2017

Davehimself, I have now flashed your built everything's working fine. Thanks for the prompt reply. Only one request from my side is, if possible in the next build please include an independent gallery app for our photos as I am not a fan of Google Photos and have always used OS's custom gallery app from the time I have been on Android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, it has been a great ride and I loved every bit of the Mi Max but I have decided to sell it on Swappa. Thanks to everyone who used any of my builds and followed my threads (you know who you are) and to everyone that donated. A special thanks to @nijel8 for being the brains of the operation here. Thanks to @E90 Commie for helping all the users in my threads and testing my builds and leaving feedback, thanks to @coffee-turtle, @Blade2014, @grey77. I know I forgot a ton of people but thanks for everything. I'm getting married on August 5th and starting a new chapter in my life but I'll still be around here.
    It really is a bit disheartening to hear this. You were fantastic in bringing wonderful RR Marshmallow to our Max which I still use to this day, as well as collaborate with other Devs to provide ROMs for helium users and also your many patches. You will definitely be missed here... Anyhow, all the very best and Thank You for your invaluable contribution.

Sent from "The element with atomic number 1".

I am so sorry. Thanks for your effort.

Mi Max cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Will someone inherit all your work for helium?

Thank you for your excellent support for the Max. Your RR 5.7.4 was the key reason why I bought the device in the first place.

Good luck with the Samsung.

LTE to me is pretty much messed up so I don't even have it as factor in my purchases nowadays since I just can't find any device I would like to buy that have the "right" bands.

My guess is that my future will be with two devices, one "modem" with LTE and tethering enabled and the phablet/tablet of choice to actually use.

Since I have two lines, my fiance's phone bit the bucket and I ended up getting the US unlocked S8+ which isn't dual sim I think I'll keep the Mi Max.
    4-19 Hydrogen Build up. Changes & fixes:

1) Cleaned up build.prop
    2) Video recording fix
    3) H+ Fix
    4) Substratum, Kernel Adiutor and Adaway added
    5) Galaxy S8 sounds & ringtones added
    6) Speaker Volume boost
    7) Different RR boot animation (I don't like the newer one)
    8) Harfix 2.2 kernel

Links in the OP are also updated. Enjoy!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298948479

Thanks to @link77kz for the camera & sim card fix
    Updated builds for Hydrogen & Helium with Harfix 2.1 kernel, Mat9v's Governor tweaks, power saving build.prop tweaks, Google Camera & Nijel8's H+ Fix. Thanks to everyone who contributed to all of these fixes and tweaks:

Hydrogen:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767146292

Helium:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767146293
    Guys, I just moved (with the flu) and won't have my PC set up until Saturday at the earliest so I won't be able to do any Helium builds until next week.

I also got a new phone to use as my daily driver so when I do the Helium builds I'll be able to test them more. I was going to sell the Mi Max because I have a large wedding in August that I'm paying for but I decided I like the phone enough to keep it and all of you that donated made me realize that I should keep it.

I'll still be around on my phone from time to time to keep up on this thread. I had to change my work schedule around a little so no more 4am all nighters for me anymore.