• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2] Slim7 for Xiaomi Mi5

Search This thread

Mahmoudinos

Jun 16, 2016
Does this menu of power saving mode exist in this ROM too?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-235405.png
    Screenshot_20180104-235405.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 629

Mahmoudinos

Jun 16, 2016
Does this ROM beat LOS 14.1 in battery life? I get between 4~5h in SOT without any third party app or a custom kernel

raydens

Jan 9, 2018
notifications

Hello, please help me to remove notifications of Automation (which inside Security app), I tried to switch off Security, but they still come.

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
Hey @WhyOrean!

Hope you're not seeing this as an inpatient push for eta, but the website's dead for quite some weeks now, although one update message included the statement that work for moving to Oreo is being done behind the scenes.
May I ask if the project is still alive?

All the best!

juanlc18

Jan 2, 2018
@Phil_Smith are you still in slim7 xceed101? I am looking for something lightweight with good performance but without features but it seems that both slim7 and xceed101 are not releasing updates anymore :(

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
@Phil_Smith are you still in slim7 xceed101? I am looking for something lightweight with good performance but without features but it seems that both slim7 and xceed101 are not releasing updates anymore :(
Yes, you got it all just right.
Xceed101 and latest Slim7 are a dream combo, but Xceed for now is definitely not updated anymore. Hope @kairi_zeroblade will come back to our device some day though!
Whether or not Slim7 is gonna receive updates I still can't say, but if so, it will surely be Oreo.

For now I can really recommend Comsic OS.
Super lightweight and with a very reasonable amount of features.
Performance and battery are both very good for me, and it is being worked on seemingly constantly.

Last edited:

juanlc18

Jan 2, 2018
Yes, you got it all just right.
Xceed101 and latest Slim7 are a dream combo, but Xceed for now is definitely not updated anymore. Hope @kairi_zeroblade will come back to our device some day though!
Whether or not Slim7 is gonna receive updates I still can't say, but if so, it will surely be Oreo.

For now I can really recommend Comsic OS.
Super lightweight and with a very reasonable amount of features.
Performance and battery are both very good for me, and it is being worked on seemingly constantly.

Firmware 7.5.4, latest slim7 release and xceed build101 isnt it? I have given it a try but I dont see that smoothness

Last edited:

fxss

Apr 6, 2007
Amadora
Slim team just released a stable 2.0 but it's not available for mi5, apparently and unfortunately they dropped the support for this device.

I plan to move to Oreo, anyone can recommend a smooth and fast Oreo ROM like Slim? Thanks.

Last edited:

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
Slim team just released a stable 2.0 but it's not available for mi5, apparently and unfortunately they dropped the support for this device.

I plan to move to Oreo, anyone can recommend a smooth and fast Oreo ROM like Slim? Thanks.
AEX-mod, CosmicOS and Atomic very fast and stable, nothing to complain about.

Another quite beautiful ROM in complete aosp style is Dirty Unicorns (I think you can maybe only get it from the Telegram Mi5 Arsenal group).

If you wanna try EAS for a change, you can try Pure Fusion. Unfortunately the only letdown there is that it is not updated that often.
But on the other hand it is very solid already.

If you want bare stability, I guess you could also try lineage, but I'm more the aosp kind of guy, so I haven't tried it myself. Some other guys reported it to be the most stable Oreo ROM.

If you like custom kernels, there are Priima+ and Darkness.
Also floppy, but somehow this one always made problems on Oreo for me..

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
Oh, it looks like support for our device isn't stopped after all!
On the webpage it is clearly stated, that devices that don't receive a stable version will get a weekly!
That's us, and that's way better! : )

fxss

Apr 6, 2007
Amadora
AEX-mod, CosmicOS and Atomic very fast and stable, nothing to complain about.

Another quite beautiful ROM in complete aosp style is Dirty Unicorns (I think you can maybe only get it from the Telegram Mi5 Arsenal group).

If you wanna try EAS for a change, you can try Pure Fusion. Unfortunately the only letdown there is that it is not updated that often.
But on the other hand it is very solid already.

If you want bare stability, I guess you could also try lineage, but I'm more the aosp kind of guy, so I haven't tried it myself. Some other guys reported it to be the most stable Oreo ROM.

If you like custom kernels, there are Priima+ and Darkness.
Also floppy, but somehow this one always made problems on Oreo for me..

Thanks Phil for the detailed hints... I'll read about some and start to test :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Oh, it looks like support for our device isn't stopped after all!
On the webpage it is clearly stated, that devices that don't receive a stable version will get a weekly!
That's us, and that's way better! : )

Slim team told me on G+ that mi5 was probably dropped.

Reactions: Phil_Smith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fop.slimroms.net%2Fslimop%2Fslim7opnew.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

1. Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    2. SlimRecents
    A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    3. SlimLauncher
    ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    4. Status bar customization
    ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.
    5. Slim Theme Manager - New
    Go flash and find out the new Theme Manager Oopssi !

Downloads :
    Official Download Links

Firmware : v7.4.14 or above

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim 7.1 , ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    WhyOrean, bgcngm
    Source Code: github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-15
    Beta Release Date: 2017-01-01

Created 2017-01-14
    Last Updated 2017-01-14
    Changelog :

Code:
    Slim7 Beta 0.16 introduces version 1.0 of the new Slim Theme Manager, as well as some bug fixes and device-specific updates.

Changes and Fixes

SlimRecents ui improvements, now scales app thumbnails based on panel size
    Slim Theme Manager v1.0 (initial release)
    frameworks/av: Conditionally revert 'CameraService: Allow HAL to handle video buffer duped FD's
    frameworks/base: Changes and fixes for Camera
    hw/samsung: Fixes for power and liblights, translation update
    hw/qcom/media-caf/msm8974: Fix makefile
    SlimLauncher: Cleanup deprecated code, fix (Fix search bar bug), FC when selecting shortcut, remove qsb
    MediaProvider: Add read storage permission, fix possible NPE, Screenshots info is not updated when device is plugged in MTP mode
    vendor/slim: Update for Beta 0.16, add OMS backend sepolicy for ThemeManager

Slim7 Beta 0.15 brings a rewriten SlimRecents, AOSP security update and many other changes

Changes and Fixes

SlimRecents: Rewritten to use AOSP cardview vs old (and problematic) cardlib
    SlimRecents: More robust handling of multiwindow
    SlimRecents: Fixed list not updating when using last app or opening quickly after switching app
    SlimRecents: Properly handle app drawables with a ImageHelper
    SlimRecents: Code cleanup
    Merged AOSP march security update (android-7.1.1_r26)
    frameworks/opt/slim: Fix battery icon on lockscreen (You tell us?)
    frameworks/av: allow multiple custom omxplugins
    frameworks/base: General updates and optimizations
    hw/samsung: Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/qcom/-caf/: Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/libhardware: Updates for BT, Keymaster, Power
    hw/libhardware_legacy: Updates to wifi and nan
    Rebase for hw/qcom/bt-caf, hw/qcom/fm, apps/Bluetooth, apps/Camera2, system/bt, system/keymaster from LineageOS
    vendor/slim: Various updates to APNs, sepolicy and build
    Update : Slim 7 for Xiaomi Mi5 is Official Now.

Grab your latest weekly from the official download page.

https://slimroms.org/#/device/gemini
    After 1 day of use.

Fast charging works.
    Battery drain is minimal.
    Smooth as butter. no hiccups so far. Great job @WhyOrean

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk