[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2_r11]CypherOS 3.6.3 Macchiato[M8]

Search This thread

CutGlass

Jan 7, 2017
Banbury
Is it possible to see the rebased source?

Okay, I know why the encyryption isn't working on cypherOS for the m8 from comparing lineageOS GitHub and cypherOS. I doesn't look like there are any pending changes in gerrit for this issue unless there are plans to pull/ clone from LOS LineageOS/android_device_htc_m8-common so who do I talk to and where?
I'm not a developer, I spotted the encryption issue, it was fixed then broke and I followed the changes through lineageOS so I happen to know the file concerned, but it depends on how cypherOS is put together with

Rebased by removing cm/los related files.
as to whether cypherOS would get the fix.

mihran_thalhath

Feb 16, 2015
Okay, I know why the encyryption isn't working on cypherOS for the m8 from comparing lineageOS GitHub and cypherOS. I doesn't look like there are any pending changes in gerrit for this issue unless there are plans to pull/ clone from LOS LineageOS/android_device_htc_m8-common so who do I talk to and where?
I'm not a developer, I spotted the encryption issue, it was fixed then broke and I followed the changes through lineageOS so I happen to know the file concerned, but it depends on how cypherOS is put together with

as to whether cypherOS would get the fix.

I have pushed the changes to CypherOS gerrit to get encryption working and to remove no longer needed sepolicy.

CutGlass

Jan 7, 2017
Banbury
I have pushed the changes to CypherOS gerrit to get encryption working and to remove no longer needed sepolicy.

Thank you, but what is the "flow diagram of development"? I made that term up obviously. I really want as pure and near to AOSP ROM but for example in this case, removing LOS would mean that CypherOS would not have ever had a working encryption on M8 phones (and possibly there needs to be some kind of dev group sharing as it may affect other model). Is there someone watching the LOS changelogs specifically for tweaks that need to be merged?

mihran_thalhath

Feb 16, 2015
Thank you, but what is the "flow diagram of development"? I made that term up obviously. I really want as pure and near to AOSP ROM but for example in this case, removing LOS would mean that CypherOS would not have ever had a working encryption on M8 phones (and possibly there needs to be some kind of dev group sharing as it may affect other model). Is there someone watching the LOS changelogs specifically for tweaks that need to be merged?

Even though los related files are removed, CypherOS still uses los device tree. So any change to los device tree can easily be incorporated into CypherOS.

CutGlass

Jan 7, 2017
Banbury
Even though los related files are removed, CypherOS still uses los device tree. So any change to los device tree can easily be incorporated into CypherOS.

I wish cypherOS to be a success, but it only works if someone is actively looking for changes like that and on the ROM website and other associated places I can't see an allocation of responsibility. You for example have requested bug reports here on this thread looking at Gerrit it seems you are the dev for the M8 branch now taking over from Chris (congrats if that is correct), however you are not listed on the front of this thread so perhaps you need to have a word with Mani ?

Reactions: dseries60

mihran_thalhath

Feb 16, 2015
I wish cypherOS to be a success, but it only works if someone is actively looking for changes like that and on the ROM website and other associated places I can't see an allocation of responsibility. You for example have requested bug reports here on this thread looking at Gerrit it seems you are the dev for the M8 branch now taking over from Chris (congrats if that is correct), however you are not listed on the front of this thread so perhaps you need to have a word with Mani ?

No man! I am not the maintainer for M8. As of right now, I think there ain't any. CypherOS team are the ones tracking the m8 repos right now. But they might miss some things. I will try to push changes to their gerrit if there are any.

CutGlass

Jan 7, 2017
Banbury
No man! I am not the maintainer for M8. As of right now, I think there ain't any. CypherOS team are the ones tracking the m8 repos right now. But they might miss some things. I will try to push changes to their gerrit if there are any.

Ah, and therein I think is the problem, great ROM, great aims and goals - difficult to find a team member. Maybe you should file a bug report on missing team member documentation :silly:

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Ah, and therein I think is the problem, great ROM, great aims and goals - difficult to find a team member. Maybe you should file a bug report on missing team member documentation :silly:

I'll add to that, does this mean that you've just volunteered yourself for being the guy that looks at LOS changelogs to see if anything is relevant to cypherOS?

Last edited:

mihran_thalhath

Feb 16, 2015

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I'll add to that, does this mean that you've just volunteered yourself for being the guy that looks at LOS changelogs to see if anything is relevant to cypherOS?

I will try to keep up with the changes. Lets hope the developers find a maintainer soon.

rogerrulez

Mar 16, 2011
Halifax
I'm pretty sure he did what i can suggest
But another possibility below

have you tried to flash team-m8 kernel before first boot without sim inserted ?

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

Okay, I've did a full wipe of the phone and reinstalled the rom 3.61 with the kernel you suggested. It worked for the most part. I was able to setup the rom and so far(several hours later) has not bootlooped with data connection. But when I connect to wifi it crashes hard ! Even taking out the sim at this point doesn't help. So if I leave wifi off and just use data it seems ok at this point, but I need wifi.

rudachmed

Feb 10, 2015

I saw your build for M8 (AICP, AOSCP, AOSP Extended, Cypher, Validuz, etc) and im on of user using your latest build of AICP, just want to say thanks for the great work, since there are no official build for M8 from the official site. hope to see another progress from you, cheers :highfive:

Reactions: mihran_thalhath

rogerrulez

Mar 16, 2011
Halifax
Okay, I've did a full wipe of the phone and reinstalled the rom 3.61 with the kernel you suggested. It worked for the most part. I was able to setup the rom and so far(several hours later) has not bootlooped with data connection. But when I connect to wifi it crashes hard ! Even taking out the sim at this point doesn't help. So if I leave wifi off and just use data it seems ok at this point, but I need wifi.

UPDATE:
Turning on wifi doesn't cause any issues. When it goes to connect it bootloops right away. And that is with GPS on or off and with the location services on or off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
    get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated weekly. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
    Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
    scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
    your device maintainer for more information. Please know builds are updated by 12am
    EST.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
    - Status bar Customization
    • - Quick Pulldown (Right, Left, Always)
    • - Smart Pulldown
    • - Network Traffic
    • - Clock Positions
    • - Etc.
    - Quick Settings
    • - Enable or disable data on tap
    • - Layout Customization
    - System
    • PowerMenu Custimization

Credits
    Paranoid Android
    CyanogenMod
    AICP
    PureNexus
    AOKP
    Dirty Unicorns
    and more..

Sources
    Device tree
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    CypherOS, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    TacoTuco, sirhc, superfes
    Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.6.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-21

Created 2016-07-27
    Last Updated 2017-05-07
    CypherOS Release 3.6.3 Macchiato
    05/05/2017

A much quicker release right? Well, this is our first official maintenance release in the 3.x cycle. This release mainly addresses bugs and polishes something's all around. We've also merged Android_r11, which includes the May Security Bulletin. We have also added in a few new goodies.

First off, our team is expanding. Fast! We've added 3 new people to the family and we're glad they're around to help further development. To start off, we're happy to welcome Andreas Grewe​​ as our new moderator to assist Mani Kumar​​ in the G+ struggle. We also welcome Mati Halperin​​ a new Developer, to help contribute his knowledge in web development and other developer based tools.

And finally, an old Allie, we would like to welcome Sagar Shah​​ back to the team as a developer. He was once a maintainer and now he holds a spot to help further the project and give you the best experience.

Big improvements

OTA's are back with a bang! We've made huge improvements to our OTA system in the past week. Most of this has been explained by Chris Crump​​ in previous community post. Just be ready to get that update notification and install updates on the fly.

You can now, grab bug reports and email suggestions to the team right from Support Manager. These 2 actions will be improved overtime. There's nothing left to say here, it's a maintenance release for goodness sake!

Please give at least 72 hours for all builds to go up, you know the drill you can get your builds at http://get.cypheros.co as usual

#StayClean

Source: https://plus.google.com/116447250811349224494/posts/QQDcsk1HyfC

Release notes: http://CypherOS.co/bulletin

Build status is visible under: http://CypherOS.co/jbs
    Thread updated
    Included latest changes and oms commits. Theme using substratum app from playstore.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745590
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone