• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2_r24][OMS][i9100] XenonHD 7.1

Search This thread

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
@makorn645 or any other dev monitoring this thread, please update the ota_nougat_i9100.xml file in your OTA folder to reflect the new build otherwise people like me that rely on the app will not know about it. It's still showing XenonHD-170728-Official-i9100.zip.

I posted this over a month ago and the ota_nougat_i9100.xml file here https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android/teamhorizon/N/OTA/ is still referencing the XenonHD-170728-Official-i9100.zip build which is now 3 versions old. I'm not complaining, I know you guys do this work in your own time for no money....but IMO that's all the more reason to update the xml, so all your users whose XenonOTA app runs daily will be aware of the latest build. Then they can make use of the fruits of your labour!

@dadi11 - I know you posted about the telegram group but I don't use it. Perhaps someone here that does could pass this message on via that channel, it may get more traction there.

Anyway, looking forward to the next build. Thanks in advance.

sirozan

Dec 8, 2014
i9100
Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
@Apex Predator i had a lot of problems with the newer 8/26 build (phone freezes a lot, also everytime you try to shut it down, weird battery percentage drops). Besides the shut down freeze being gone the 9/18 build seems to be no better, though i haven't played around with it much.
So assuming i am not the only one who has this problems with the newer builds (which might as well be the case, i won't pretend to be an expert) my guess would be they are not pushing new build on OTA until these problems are fixed again, because OTA builds should allow for a daily use (which i can't recommend with 8/26 or 9/18 builds). Only a guess and not an official answer though.

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
@sirozan - Fair enough, you make some good points, and that may well be the case. I hadn't really thought that they may consider the July build to be the only one worthy of daily driver status. I have had a few small issues in the last few weeks but I never really attributed it to the Aug or Sept builds because I push the phone really hard and it does struggle with Nougat and all the apps, so I tend to look the other way if it freezes, goes a little slow, runs really hot or has the odd reboot. Perhaps I should cast a more meaningful eye on the ROM builds.

Speaking of running hot, ever since updating to Nougat from GB (yes, big jump right?), my phone runs pretty hot almost all the time when I am using it. It doesn't seem to take much activity to push the CPU temps from high 20s/low 30s at idle right up to mid 40s for light use then 50s and 60s for intensive use. I tried one suggestion I found here which was to install the KH3 modem but it made no difference. I also tried Saber's Dorimanx kernel but that proved no help either. It was mostly ok but a little unstable at times. He did say it was for LOS only and besides he's now stopped development so I'm back to the LOS kernel.

So can anyone else comment on how hot their phones run on this ROM or other Nougat ROMS? I'm interested to know if it's common and due to the increased demands of the newer OS on our aging hardware or if there may be a way to get it to run a bit cooler without sacrificing performance.

Edit: out of interest, are there any potential problems dirty-flash downgrading back to 28/7 build? Would it be the same as going to a new build in terms of the process? (Wipe cache/dalvik, flash ROM and Gapps, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot)?

Bonus question, is it possible to somehow maintain current Android security patch 5 Sept on an earlier build? Obviously flashing an older ROM reverts it but is there a way to patch the current one over an older ROM build? Like maybe create a flashable zip I could apply after flashing the ROM?

Last edited:

bielie

Jan 4, 2017
Jakarta
Im wipe everything
Flashing xenonhd last build without gapps.
Boot up install xposed installer - reboot recovery - install framework 88.0 or 88.1
Reboot always bootloop.

This is xposed issue or rom issue ?

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
Im wipe everything
Flashing xenonhd last build without gapps.
Boot up install xposed installer - reboot recovery - install framework 88.0 or 88.1
Reboot always bootloop.

This is xposed issue or rom issue ?

When I tried the first time it bootlooped. The second time I wiped cache and dalvik before and after installing xposed in twrp. That worked.

Btw I've now uninstalled as no modules I REALLY need/want exist or are updated for new version. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Mind you I never used it before like many others... who seem so glad to have it back. ?

Reactions: bielie

bielie

Jan 4, 2017
Jakarta
bluetooth. just it
Try install xenon without gapps. install apkmirror apk, remove some unusage app like browser jelly nova lounchet FX music camera etc. Install Gov tunner install wakeblock install greenify install background restrictor install lawnchair louncher tweak kernel with kernel auditor. flash modem with kh3. I got 7-8 hours screen on time.
only add viper sonymusic spotify fmspirit whatsapp and via browser.

Last edited:

Miko36110

Mar 18, 2017
Tokyo
Help! So I flashed the ROM using TWRP it flashed successfully.
But when I hit reboot to recovery
changes to "Android Recovery" and I cant flash anything.
I also can't boot to rom for some reason its stuck on the "Xenon HD" Boot Animation.

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
Help! So I flashed the ROM using TWRP it flashed successfully.
But when I hit reboot to recovery
changes to "Android Recovery" and I cant flash anything.
I also can't boot to rom for some reason its stuck on the "Xenon HD" Boot Animation.

Hi
Did you use isorec twrp recovery 3.xxx?
Just for curiosity: why did you not reboot the system after success in flashing and rebooted the recovery instead? or did the rom boot successfully and tried to reboot to recovery later on?

Anyway, unless nobody has a better idea i am afraid you have to do it all over again - using odin to flash eventually isorec kernel (and maybe repit again to wipe everything) and isorec Twrp recovery 3.xxx for flashing rom and gapps again )

Last edited:

Miko36110

Mar 18, 2017
Tokyo
Hi
Did you use isorec twrp recovery 3.xxx?
Just for curiosity: why did you not reboot the system after success in flashing and rebooted the recovery instead?

Anyway, unless nobody has a better idea i am afraid you have to do it all over again - using odin to flash eventually isorec kernel (and maybe repit again to wipe everything) and isorec Twrp recovery 3.xxx for flashing rom and gapps again )
Well, I won't post this comment if I have a PC. Too bad cuz I have a PC that is broken.
Anyway can't I flash a signed kernel like PhilZ Touch Recovery?
I have a 3DS that can use a FTP (cuz of hax)
I can download using my iPhone 5 and try to flash that Signed Kernel/Recovery or whatever. Wish me luck.

Also. I always boot to Recovery because I'm just curious about what Custom Recovery they adds to the Rom. But NO because these guys decided to add a Stock Android Recovery instead of CWM or TWRP or Cyanogen Recoveries.
And yes I used TWRP 3.1.0.0 to flash the ROM
and lastly I always flash the Gapps after I boot into the Rom. Just for some reasons.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Following up to the Post Above.
This is what the Recovery Looks like.
9ToReFl.jpg

Last edited:

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
Well, I won't post this comment if I have a PC. Too bad cuz I have a PC that is broken.
Anyway can't I flash a signed kernel like PhilZ Touch Recovery?
I have a 3DS that can use a FTP (cuz of hax)
I can download using my iPhone 5 and try to flash that Signed Kernel/Recovery or whatever. Wish me luck.

Also. I always boot to Recovery because I'm just curious about what Custom Recovery they adds to the Rom. But NO because these guys decided to add a Stock Android Recovery instead of CWM or TWRP or Cyanogen Recoveries.
And yes I used TWRP 3.1.0.0 to flash the ROM
and lastly I always flash the Gapps after I boot into the Rom. Just for some reasons.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Following up to the Post Above.
This is what the Recovery Looks like.
9ToReFl.jpg
Hi
I see you are experienced in this things.
So without pc you have to take any chance to solve this.
I hope you can flash philz kernel/recovery to work then up to isorec kernel/recovery ...etc.
Best of luck anyway!

(And yes the stock recovery is so useless and bothered quite some people up to now)

Regards

Sent from my BTV-W09 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Miko36110

Mar 18, 2017
Tokyo
Hi
I see you are experienced in this things.
So without pc you have to take any chance to solve this.
I hope you can flash philz kernel/recovery to work then up to isorec kernel/recovery ...etc.
Best of luck anyway!

(And yes the stock recovery is so useless and bothered quite some people up to now)

Regards

So far no luck. Which is sad.
Can't find a proper PhilZ Recovery file I used a long time ago :/

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Anyway. No luck. There's no way of fixing this.
The only way is to Flash the Stock Rom using Odin.
Well, this would've never happened if the Xenon HD team never added the Stock Recovery to their Custom Rom. God dammit.
I always get this error :
4BzVNLI.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

The Rom really sounds so promising but they ****ed it up. They made the Rom unflashable because of the Recovery they added in. (It's still flashable if you uses a PC)

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
So far no luck. Which is sad.
Can't find a proper PhilZ Recovery file I used a long time ago :/

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Anyway. No luck. There's no way of fixing this.
The only way is to Flash the Stock Rom using Odin.
Well, this would've never happened if the Xenon HD team never added the Stock Recovery to their Custom Rom. God dammit.
I always get this error :
4BzVNLI.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

The Rom really sounds so promising but they ****ed it up. They made the Rom unflashable because of the Recovery they added in. (It's still flashable if you uses a PC)
Hi
There is still one thing i do not understand.
Once the isorec twrp 3.xxx is installed it should not matter what recovery comes with any present rom.
As all latest roms have isorec supported kernels then always the isorec twrp shows up when rebooting to recovery.
It is strange why you ended up in android recovery (maybe should have rebooted System first ?)

And there is no need to flash the entire stock rom.
Just flash a (kitkat) compatible kernel/recovery like cwm 6.0.4 or 6.0.5 or adequate twrp in odin then continue to flash isorec kernel and recovery again.
Yup.,.clean install...wipe data, system, cache n dalvik cache!

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Does this ROM have carrier data speed indicator and file browser??

Reactions: Miko36110

Miko36110

Mar 18, 2017
Tokyo
Hi
There is still one thing i do not understand.
Once the isorec twrp 3.xxx is installed it should not matter what recovery comes with any present rom.
As all latest roms have isorec supported kernels then always the isorec twrp shows up when rebooting to recovery.
It is strange why you ended up in android recovery (maybe should have rebooted System first ?)

And there is no need to flash the entire stock rom.
Just flash a (kitkat) compatible kernel/recovery like cwm 6.0.4 or 6.0.5 or adequate twrp in odin then continue to flash isorec kernel and recovery again.

It might have been because I flashed the 3.1.0.0.img file above the isorec 3.0.2.0? Maybe.. idk.
I'll just do a clean install of the rom. And everything.
Once I buy a new PC soon. (Might take a couple of months but its okay.)
{iPhone 5 is still better than Galaxy S2 (spec based) I can wait a couple of months, no biggie. I also have a Galaxy S1 which sucks cuz its slow. Anyway thanks for your little help! Ill go watch some Netflix now so bai!}

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg

With the stock recovery you have no chance to flash any custom stuff. Take this way: Flash the stock ROM via Odin. What's your partition size? If it's too small, you must flash a pit file WITH the stock ROM, 1GB system size, 6 GB data size. After this flash the attached special kernel (it includes TWRP) via Odin. Now you have a TWRP recovery and you can flash the ROM whatever you want.

Important: You must unzip the attached pit file to flash it. And: You need a PC for a short time from a friend.

Attachments

• stock_kernel_twrp_1120-signed-for_Odin.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 28
  • I91001GB_6GB.zip
    482 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Miko36110

TriboDoP

Oct 25, 2015
Vienna
i9100
OnePlus One
It might have been because I flashed the 3.1.0.0.img file above the isorec 3.0.2.0? Maybe.. idk.
I'll just do a clean install of the rom. And everything.
Once I buy a new PC soon. (Might take a couple of months but its okay.)
{iPhone 5 is still better than Galaxy S2 (spec based) I can wait a couple of months, no biggie. I also have a Galaxy S1 which sucks cuz its slow. Anyway thanks for your little help! Ill go watch some Netflix now so bai!}
I also updated twrp this way and it works fine.
And i would not have the patience to wait for months - is there nobody near you who would let you use a pc for an hour?
Bye

Miko36110

Mar 18, 2017
Tokyo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RwXalXY.jpg

TeamHorizon's XenonHD Website
    http://xenonhd.com

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on CyanogenMod 14.1 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth.

It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
    and now Buttery Smooth too!

logo.png

Device Source:
    DeviceTree[1/2]
    DeviceTree[2/2]
    Kernel

Thanks to:
    AOSP
    CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms

Flashing Instructions
    Code:
    1.Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    2.Boot into your recovery
    3.Back up your ROM
    4.Enter recovery
    5.Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik). If you're updating ROM or have other 6.0 already you don't need to wipe data (wipe system, cache, dalvik)
    6.Install the ROM
    7.Install GAPPS package
    8.Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes

Downloads

Changelogs

Official Builds: Here
    Experimental Builds: Here

Gapps : http://opengapps.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official XenonHD 7.1 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the i9100

Contributors
    makorn645, dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/teamhorizon

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: build 20170215
    Beta Release Date: 2017-02-25

Created 2017-01-15
    Last Updated 2017-07-15
    Reserved

Main features:
    XenonOTA
    XenonHD Changelog
    NovaLauncher, Adaway, Kernel Adiutor, SuperSU
    Root, adb, dev options, advanced reboot & installing apks enabled by default
    Pixel UI, navbar, wallpaper
    Material sounds & icons
    DayNight theme
    Network indicator & battery bar in status bar
    Live Volume Steps
    DT2S on lockscreen
    Custom Quick Settings Tiles
    Removed unnecessary things
    Under the hood improvements and optimizations
    ...and more on the way!

Bugs:
    -CM Bugs