• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum

Search This thread

adekboreanaz

Aug 21, 2014
Jakarta
Hey, i'm noob on custom recovery either cusrom, because i hate so much stock rom lenovo, i want to ask something, i installed nightly 12-21-2016 and i want to install nightly 12-23-2016 does all my installed apps have to erase all?, Damn if i just flash the newer version, can i do that? Without loosing all my apps and data :(

Philips9

Dec 24, 2011
Hi guys,
1st of all thanks to the devs for their work.
I used to mod my old devices (htc, samsung, lg etc...).
I got a Lenovo Vibe K5 A6020a40, but the stock rom sucks and I'd like to try a custom rom; so far I read that this one is the best and most updated (Am I wrong?)
So, my question is: do you suggest me to flash this rom and use it with the kernel it comes with or to use a different kernel?
Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas to all

PS: just flashed TWRP, ROM and GApps,
I noticed that inside "wipe" there are 2 "Data" labels, it's the 1st time that I see that...is it normal? Because I had problems formatting the Data partition ("mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 process ended with ERROR: 255, Unable to wipe Data, unable to wipe/Data.

Last edited:

adekboreanaz

Aug 21, 2014
Jakarta
Hi guys,
I got a Lenovo Vibe K5 A6020a40, but the stock rom sucks and I'd like to try a custom rom; so far I read that this one is the best and most updated (Am I wrong?)
So, my question is: do you suggest me to flash this rom and use it with the kernel it comes with or to use a different kernel?

IMO this is the best cusrom so far, even it stills bug video capture, but i u can still record with Messenger (Facebook), i came with comes kernel when beginning flashing aokp, iwas using Vegitto kernel on stock rom, but you know stock rom.lenono so sucks, so now i'm using aokp and vegitto kernel with bug Thetering Hotspot won't work, shows error description.
So my suggestion if u did not usually using Hotspot i suggest using Vegitto kernel on aokp

Reactions: Philips9

Philips9

Dec 24, 2011
IMO this is the best cusrom so far, even it stills bug video capture, but i u can still record with Messenger (Facebook), i came with comes kernel when beginning flashing aokp, iwas using Vegitto kernel on stock rom, but you know stock rom.lenono so sucks, so now i'm using aokp and vegitto kernel with bug Thetering Hotspot won't work, shows error description.
So my suggestion if u did not usually using Hotspot i suggest using Vegitto kernel on aokp

Awsome, thanks!
Obviously I can record video installing another camera app from Play Store, right?
Btw I noticed that inside "wipe" there are 2 "Data" labels, it's the 1st time that I see that...is it normal? Because I had problems formatting the Data partition ("mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 process ended with ERROR: 255, Unable to wipe Data, unable to wipe/Data. Did you have the same "problem"?

adekboreanaz

Aug 21, 2014
Jakarta
Awsome, thanks!
Obviously I can record video installing another camera app from Play Store, right?
Btw I noticed that inside "wipe" there are 2 "Data" labels, it's the 1st time that I see that...is it normal? Because I had problems formatting the Data partition ("mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 process ended with ERROR: 255, Unable to wipe Data, unable to wipe/Data. Did you have the same "problem"?

I tried all camera apps on playstore, only Messenger Facebook work for me.
I didn't know much about TWRP, but i can suggest you go back to stock recovery, and factory reset on Lenovo Stock erase all data, after completing reset you can back to TWRP and wipe the data i think.
There's many factor about that error, u don't use latest twrp etc, but you can try to repair theme, or you reinstall TWRP on your devices, that should fixes the problem i think.
I come with plus 3gb variant, I didn't experience that error, i'm sorry i can't help you much, cheers

Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
Hi guys,

I noticed that inside "wipe" there are 2 "Data" labels, it's the 1st time that I see that...is it normal? Because I had problems formatting the Data partition ("mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 process ended with ERROR: 255, Unable to wipe Data, unable to wipe/Data.

Welcome to the best ROM for a6020. The main difference is that this one is official. That means that ROM updates are automatically from base to a6020 roms.
In my opinion it's not OK to flash other kernel if the ROM is on beta stage, because it's our responsibility reporting bugs, and with more customization comes more bugs.
And, more important, there is no need to flash other kernel to use it as daily device, because it just works and is smoother enough.

Philips9

Dec 24, 2011
Welcome to the best ROM for a6020. The main difference is that this one is official. That means that ROM updates are automatically from base to a6020 roms.
In my opinion it's not OK to flash other kernel if the ROM is on beta stage, because it's our responsibility reporting bugs, and with more customization comes more bugs.
And, more important, there is no need to flash other kernel to use it as daily device, because it just works and is smoother enough.

Thank you for your suggestions!
I will keep kernel that comes with the rom to test and report bugs to help the community and the devs improve their work!
So far, what I noticed is that I am not able to acces to my external sd card neither on the internal memory connecting my device through USB to my PC, is this a common bug?

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
Hi guys,

Just reboot to recovery again and wipe data again.. it should work now.

Shivam255

Jun 17, 2016
new delhi
when tried to change to switch to f2fs i ended with this error on data.
mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384 /dev/blok/mmb1k0p30
process ended with error: 255
unable to wipe data.
error changing file system.
luckily its only appearing on data.
so anyone who knows how to fix this please help me. @Shreps or anyone

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Flash the latest zip in TWRP, then hit the Wipe Cache button, then reboot, you're done.
Thanks. I already do that way!

Sent from my aokp_A6020 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Hi guys,

Use TWRP R2. I saw about this some posts ago.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Thank you for your suggestions!
I will keep kernel that comes with the rom to test and report bugs to help the community and the devs improve their work!
So far, what I noticed is that I am not able to acces to my external sd card neither on the internal memory connecting my device through USB to my PC, is this a common bug?
Pull down quick settings when connected, there is an option to change the mode (only charge, transfer files, etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
    The unicorn eats nougat and oreo and farts rainbows :D

Hi,
    Here is AOKP 7.1/8.1 for the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus

Requirements:
    - TWRP 3.0.3+ build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.3-n1 for K5
    - You can now use the Official TWRP builds

How to install:
    From stock
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM64 Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Reboot

Official Nightly builds Downloads:
    http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=A6020
    https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Old Beta builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Shreps, scritch007
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP/device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-15
    Last Updated 2018-07-25
    Reserved

AOKP Gerrit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged

This ROM now implements OMS.

What is OMS ?
    OMS: (Overlay Manager Service) was designed by google. It's a layer/theme service which is used by Substratum: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum&hl=fr

So basically, if you install Substratum, you will be able to apply any theme on the ROM UI because OMS has been implemented.

For the record, on PAC MM or AOKP MM, they were using CyanogenMod Theme Engine for theming the UI, but since CMTE has not been implemented for Nougat, many choose to use OMS & Substratum instead.

Screenshot_20161115-114050.png Screenshot_20161115-114031.png

device-2017-01-03-142534.jpg device-2017-01-03-142552.png device-2017-01-03-142603.png
    Bump
    AOKP Oreo (8.1) is now official for this device.

Big thanks again to @Harry8242 and his great development and contribution !

Cheers,
    Hello guys,

Here we go for Official Nightly builds made by AOKP Buildbot : https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Enjoy !
    Finaly I could install this ROM. This is what I found for now. Maybe some of them was already listed, but anyway, there are:

1. Shotcuts on lock screen desapear from nothing, the top ones or the righ bottom;
    2. Alarm icon and some others desappears after reboot, and after re-enable them appears a blank space at right of battery icon;
    3. Notification led don't turns green when fully charged;
    4. Notification led don't stay lit, it always pulse even if I disable this on settings. I uncheck this, go back, and if I return to this setting, it is re-enabled itself. I have to add personalized led notification to each app I want to keep always lit;
    5. I don't have a warning telling an alarm is next, like PAC-ROM;
    6. "Don't disturb" (or "Do not perturb") keep some sounds even it is enable only priority alarms. As well, the icon for schedule time for "do not perturb" is different for manual "do not perturb" (from the status bar pull down menu): the scheduled is a "plus" sign, the other is a "minus". Can anyone tell the difference or how to have always "minus" scheduled, please?
    7. Some calls still alive after some seconds even when I terminate them;
    8. I use a PIN for lock my phone. If I configure a direct call to lock screen, it dials the number directly, don't asking for PIN. Any other shortcut ask for PIN;
    9. I can't find the icon to change the screen off timer on status bar pull down menu. I have to go to settings to change this timer;
    10. How I can 'centralize' the listings? They always appears at bottom of screen;
    11. Date and time aren't correct after a reboot. I have to keep automatic date and time from network in settings;
    12. After a reboot, battery mode is always at 'balanced', even if I configure to 'performance'.

Other issues:
    1. I haved to use TWRP R2 instead R4, because R4 shows two 'data' partitions. With this, R4 always returns erros about can't mount or format data;
    2. System is very low in free space, so I used TWRP R2 to backup the whole ROM, and just after I restored it, like sayed before. I gain about 1,2Gb of free space, and can move some user apps to system partition;
    3. There are translation errors, at least for brazilian portuguese: a lot of words are still in English.

Even with these, the ROM is the best I used until now. Is really fast, camera works fine, and there a lot of options to personalize. Very, very thanks for the ROM.

I'm using 12-12-2016 build on a L36 variant.

Thx for this great and detailed feedback.
    I made a new build today, with somes fixes, let me know how it's going:
    * Fixed system and other partitions size, so you should be able to flash micro or mini Gapps for example now.
    * Added the LiveDisplay in the kernel
    * Divided light sensor returned value by 10 this is much much closer to what we get from the Moto G4 Plus sensor
    * xxhdpi density (tks to Dinokin)
    * Tethering should be fixed