Using Aokp ROM Android 7.1.2 Nougat,
This Nougat ROM is best.
Just need fix 2 Issues, which solved in some other nougat roms
1) when I take pictures using its main camera app then it turns on "AUTO HDR(Flash ON)" which makes my taken pictures dark. Please add option to disable Auto HDR in camera. (you can see by taking picture of your hand in distance of 10 cm with flash ON).
2) Internet Speed Meter is Working well But it not change colour like other status bar icons, see attached images :silly: :victory: :cyclops: :crying:
try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/r-s-e-sound-systems-auditory-research-t3379709
this is the best enough for me.
What is your reason for staying on nougat?How good is performance and battery life on the nougat rom? I have an a6020i37 that heats up easily, lags continuously and battery runs out really fast, im on AEX nougat with dragon elite kernel and it is ok, but i want something better, either better performance or/and less heating, cuz with aex my phone sometimes freezes and heats up pretty much.
Other thing: This rom has hotplug? If not is there any rom that supports it that i can flash?
What is your reason for staying on nougat?
DE kernel 1.4 (oreo-only) supports hotplug (afaik). Plus aokp oreo is good enough on performance and SoT.
Though i should mention that some ppl were recommending dot os nougat as a performance rom, but I've never tried.
Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs
https://forum.xda-developers.com/k5-plus/help/help-thread-t3577397/page64Well, before i was on AEX nougat, i was using AEX oreo, and i noticed that i have better overall performance in nougat (and i think its prettier than oreo in some ui elements), i could try AOKP oreo with the kernel you are suggesting (and it would be great if you could provide me with the thread's link) and i hope it is the optimal, because i have flashed my phone more than 10 times searching for an optimal rom and kernel config that brings both acceptable performance without OH and good battery life (or at least the closest enough).
Finaly I could install this ROM. This is what I found for now. Maybe some of them was already listed, but anyway, there are:
- Shotcuts on lock screen desapear from nothing, the top ones or the righ bottom;
- Alarm icon and some others desappears after reboot, and after re-enable them appears a blank space at right of battery icon;
- Notification led don't turns green when fully charged;
- Notification led don't stay lit, it always pulse even if I disable this on settings. I uncheck this, go back, and if I return to this setting, it is re-enabled itself. I have to add personalized led notification to each app I want to keep always lit;
- I don't have a warning telling an alarm is next, like PAC-ROM;
- "Don't disturb" (or "Do not perturb") keep some sounds even it is enable only priority alarms. As well, the icon for schedule time for "do not perturb" is different for manual "do not perturb" (from the status bar pull down menu): the scheduled is a "plus" sign, the other is a "minus". Can anyone tell the difference or how to have always "minus" scheduled, please?
- Some calls still alive after some seconds even when I terminate them;
- I use a PIN for lock my phone. If I configure a direct call to lock screen, it dials the number directly, don't asking for PIN. Any other shortcut ask for PIN;
- I can't find the icon to change the screen off timer on status bar pull down menu. I have to go to settings to change this timer;
- How I can 'centralize' the listings? They always appears at bottom of screen;
- Date and time aren't correct after a reboot. I have to keep automatic date and time from network in settings;
- After a reboot, battery mode is always at 'balanced', even if I configure to 'performance'.
- I haved to use TWRP R2 instead R4, because R4 shows two 'data' partitions. With this, R4 always returns erros about can't mount or format data;
- System is very low in free space, so I used TWRP R2 to backup the whole ROM, and just after I restored it, like sayed before. I gain about 1,2Gb of free space, and can move some user apps to system partition;
- There are translation errors, at least for brazilian portuguese: a lot of words are still in English.
Even with these, the ROM is the best I used until now. Is really fast, camera works fine, and there a lot of options to personalize. Very, very thanks for the ROM.
I'm using 12-12-2016 build on a L36 variant.